Does anyone out there have any kind of confidence in Ashley at all?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Again, just trying to gauge opinion. Wise seems to have picked up the most scorn but it now seems to be Ashley's turn.

I voted number 1.

The club have been a laughing stock for some time now. Ashley has managed to give the rest of the country the best laugh at our expense to date so for that I have to say I have no confidence at all.

I think if he had done something in terms of coming back to deal with the whole matter personally I might have thought differently but as he appears to have shrugged it all off with an apparent air of "its not my problem - my staff will sort it out", I am finished with him I think.

Wait and see who they come up with as a replacement.

And if that replacement is a knacker?

Then I'll lose faith in them, I'll judge the next manager on what he does on the pitch rather than how big a name he is.

The club, directors and the fans all need to move on for all of our benefit, this situation has only blown up so much because it's KK in charge, which is something Ashley will have to deal with as he was happy to take the credit for bringing him back.

Then I'll lose faith in them, I'll judge the next manager on what he does on the pitch rather than how big a name he is.

The club, directors and the fans all need to move on for all of our benefit, this situation has only blown up so much because it's KK in charge, which is something Ashley will have to deal with as he was happy to take the credit for bringing him back.

I can just see HTT if he appoints Hitzfeld.

"I love Keegan, Hitzfeld for the Toon, umm, f*ck Mike Ashley, but he brought in Hitzfeld, I love sharks, f*ck Dennis Wise, sharks for the Toon, f*ck Keegan, I love Ashley, Wise, scouts, sharks, golf courses, brain...does...not...compute....*BANG*"

Guest Howaythetoon

"I love Keegan, Hitzfeld for the Toon, umm, f*ck Mike Ashley, but he brought in Hitzfeld, I love sharks, f*ck Dennis Wise, sharks for the Toon, f*ck Keegan, I love Ashley, Wise, scouts, sharks, brain...does...not...compute....*BANG*"

I'd have laughed along if I had found that remotely funny.

See AS9's sig for how it's done :lol:

"I love Keegan, Hitzfeld for the Toon, umm, f*ck Mike Ashley, but he brought in Hitzfeld, I love sharks, f*ck Dennis Wise, sharks for the Toon, f*ck Keegan, I love Ashley, Wise, scouts, sharks, golf courses, brain...does...not...compute....*BANG*"

:lol:

Well so far he seems to like to employ people known within his circle of friends so I am not sure I have much confidence that he is scouring the world to fond the right man. Lets see though.

The reference somewhere tonight of Llambias being a good friends with David O'Leary scares the Bejeezus out of me

The clubs directors could have allowed things to calm down instead of stirring the shit with the statement.

Guest Howaythetoon
I'll judge the next manager on what he does on the pitch rather than how big a name he is.

I agree with that. Whoever it is I automatically feel sorry for though.

I'll judge the next manager on what he does on the pitch rather than how big a name he is.

I agree with that. Whoever it is I automatically feel sorry for though.

Which is why I think it will be Wise. Knows the score and is tight with the hierachy from the start

Well so far he seems to like to employ people known within his circle of friends so I am not sure I have much confidence that he is scouring the world to fond the right man. Lets see though.

The reference somewhere tonight of Llambias being a good friends with David O'Leary scares the Bejeezus out of me

That's why I said I'll judge them on what they do on the pitch, I don't care if it's one of his mates as long as we play well.

He has made a total pigs ear of this so far by picking a manager that would appease the fans rather than work under the conditions he wanted. I think he let his heart rule his head with Keegan and it back fired big time.

Any real reseach on Keegan would have told him he could never work under the kind of constraints he wanted to impose on him, to be fair very few big name managers would.

On the flip side Keegan was naive to go into this agreeing to everything the board wanted whilst probably thinking he could bend Ashley round his finger over time to change things how he wanted.

Thats not how a good business is run. Neither, however is what has transpired a reflection of competant dealings.

Both board and Keegan gambled, both them and consequently us fans lost.

Ashley is a smart man, much smarter than he has made himself look. He will learn from this mistake, he didnt get to this point in his life any different.

It will take big character to stick through this, to be honest he has no real reason to. Its an enjoyment thing rather than personal gain, building trust up with the fans again could be next to impossible. For me he has to come out and talk about this whole mess. That or ship out.

He will be much more carefull picking the new boss, should he still be around. I'm not hugely versed in knowledge about how these DOF systems work everywhere else. But the manager having NO say on transfers is obscene, he has to at least have a say in who is to be let go and the areas of the team he wants improving. That disscusion can be saved for another thread though.

In all I have confidence in Ashley, he needs to find the right man for his system though if he wants to stick with it. Keegan certainly wasnt.

None whatsoever.

No communication, doesnt plan on giving any

No money, doesnt plan to spend any

No class

Pissed off the manager, 'it was his fault'

Pissed off the fans, 'not bothered'

pissed off the players

Given Dennis Wise more power than any future manager

proven liar.

I could write a list...

He has made a total pigs ear of this so far by picking a manager that would appease the fans rather than work under the conditions he wanted. I think he let his heart rule his head with Keegan and it back fired big time.

Any real reseach on Keegan would have told him he could never work under the kind of constraints he wanted to impose on him, to be fair very few big name managers would.

On the flip side Keegan was naive to go into this agreeing to everything the board wanted whilst probably thinking he could bend Ashley round his finger over time to change things how he wanted.

Thats not how a good business is run. Neither, however is what has transpired a reflection of competant dealings.

Both board and Keegan gambled, both them and consequently us fans lost.

Ashley is a smart man, much smarter than he has made himself look. He will learn from this mistake, he didnt get to this point in his life any different.

It will take big character to stick through this, to be honest he has no real reason to. Its an enjoyment thing rather than personal gain, building trust up with the fans again could be next to impossible. For me he has to come out and talk about this whole mess. That or ship out.

He will be much more carefull picking the new boss, should he still be around. I'm not hugely versed in knowledge about how these DOF systems work everywhere else. But the manager having NO say on transfers is obscene, he has to at least have a say in who is to be let go and the areas of the team he wants improving. That disscusion can be saved for another thread though.

In all I have confidence in Ashley, he needs to find the right man for his system though if he wants to stick with it. Keegan certainly wasnt.

Very few people were asking for Keegan to return to the club, Ashley is doing what Shepherd did when he tried saying Roeder was the fans choice, it's all bollocks designed to take the heat off themselves.

None whatsoever.

No communication, doesnt plan on giving any

No money, doesnt plan to spend any

No class

Pissed off the manager, 'it was his fault'

Pissed off the fans, 'not bothered'

pissed off the players

Given Dennis Wise more power than any future manager

proven liar.

I could write a list...

You just have.

Not really. His team have handled this affair in a ridiculously amateurish fashion. Coupled with the complete lack of spending shown in the transfer window I don't particularly have any confidence in him at all.

Of course I'll wait and see who the next 'manager' is, but the pressure is now on, big time. Can't say I'd be upset if he just fucked off tomorrow. I'm sure KK isn't totally blameless, but as the owner, Ashley takes ultimate responsibility for this club and what happens to it.

Feel completely let down, after giving him the benefit of the doubt from day one, and three years-worth of my money a couple of weeks back.