Keegan in demand to boss Premier Clubs?

TRon

We keep hearing how so few managers will be prepared to work at Newcastle under the current set up, on the flip side, how many other Premier club Chairmen will be prepared to hire Keegan after his fall out with Mike Ashley?

We keep hearing how so few managers will be prepared to work at Newcastle under the current set up, on the flip side, how many other Premier club Chairmen will be prepared to hire Keegan after his fall out with Mike Ashley?

Doesnt matter. I think this will finish Keegan as far as management goes

Doesnt matter. I think this will finish Keegan as far as management goes

My thoughts as well.

Guest LucaAltieri

But that'll be based on the fact he never finishes a job. Always walks. Not saying that he wasn't right to do so this time round, but I wouldn't hire him.

But that'll be based on the fact he never finishes a job. Always walks. Not saying that he wasn't right to do so this time round, but I wouldn't hire him.

By that you only mean he never gets sacked though surely?

Guest LucaAltieri

Buggers off before anyone gets chance to.

As a temporary measure he works out well, but after his first spell at Newcastle he didn't stay in any job for a great length of time, did he? Couple of seasons at City being the longest he managed if I remember rightly.

Strange isn't it, that he was out of work before Ashley brought him back, and after resigning there's still no rush to take him on by EPL clubs outside Newcastle?

Not really.

I agree.

Well for a start, what do you mean by there being no rush? Is there usually a rush of Premiership clubs come in for a manager (and obviously sack their own) when he leaves his current post? I've never seen this happen before.

I find it odd how during a time when our club is being brought to its knees, some people are rubbing their hands in glee just because they were against Keegan from the start.

Well done, you got what you wanted. At what cost though?

Guest LucaAltieri

I find it odd how during a time when our club is being brought to its knees, some people are rubbing their hands in glee just because they were against Keegan from the start.

Are they?

As a temporary measure he works out well, but after his first spell at Newcastle he didn't stay in any job for a great length of time, did he? Couple of seasons at City being the longest he managed if I remember rightly.

That's a good thing surely? Knows when his time is up, doesn't cost anything etc.

He left Fulham to take over the England job, that's not really the same as walking away, anyone else would do the same. He was at City for four years, got them promoted and left them as an established Premiership club.

His record stands up to any scrutiny. Football is a strange beast whereby walking instead of waiting for a massive payoff seems to be frowned upon.

Strange isn't it, that he was out of work before Ashley brought him back, and after resigning there's still no rush to take him on by EPL clubs outside Newcastle?

Not really.

I agree.

Well for a start, what do you mean by there being no rush? Is there usually a rush of Premiership clubs come in for a manager (and obviously sack their own) when he leaves his current post? I've never seen this happen before.

So you are concentrating on one word: 'rush' rather than the gist of the thread and opening post? :lol:

Not really.

I agree.

So you are concentrating on one word: 'rush' rather than the gist of the thread and opening post? :lol:

So your point is simply that he was out of work before Ashley brought him back? Well spotted.

He said first time round that this would be the only job to bring him back to football and then said it again second time. I've no reason to disbelieve him.

Guest Toon Argy

Would any of his previous have teams actually sacked him? apart from england

Guest LucaAltieri

That's a good thing surely? Knows when his time is up, doesn't cost anything etc.

He left Fulham to take over the England job, that's not really the same as walking away, anyone else would do the same. He was at City for four years, got them promoted and left them as an established Premiership club.

His record stands up to any scrutiny. Football is a strange beast whereby walking instead of waiting for a massive payoff seems to be frowned upon.

The best managers don't have to do either.

Juande Ramos has been at 11 clubs in 14 years, this Marcelino bloke has never been at a club longer than 2 years.

Keegan was with us for 5 years & at City for 4 years.

What do they do then if they don't walk and they don't get sacked? Kill themselves?

Guest LucaAltieri

What do they do then if they don't walk and they don't get sacked? Kill themselves?

No, keep building and rebuilding the team, bringing them on, winning trophies.

No, keep building and rebuilding the team, bringing them on, winning trophies.

And die in the job? They leave eventually ffs. :lol: Other than Fergie and Wenger, loads of top managers move clubs all the time.  He got three clubs promoted, I'd say that was bringing them on.

Keegan left City with his head held high. He made it clear he was going to leave at the end of his contract and as often happens (Fergie) he became a lame duck, so left a bit earlier. Nothing wrong with that.

He left Fulham to take over at England. Nothing wrong with that.

Other than his disputes at Newcastle (and the downward spiral we then entered until Bobby Robson would suggest he was correct first time round), the only time he's actually quit because he was doing a shit job was England.

I supported Keegan from the first day to the last while he was manager of Newcastle United, unlike some fairweather twats who are even now blowing with the wind ( no Parky, I'm not talking about you).