Keegan in demand to boss Premier Clubs?

TRon

Strange isn't it, that he was out of work before Ashley brought him back, and after resigning there's still no rush to take him on by EPL clubs outside Newcastle?

Not really.

UPDATE: Wullie has explained it to you. If you need any more info on this subject, feel free to drop me a PM :thup:

But that'll be based on the fact he never finishes a job. Always walks. Not saying that he wasn't right to do so this time round, but I wouldn't hire him.

By that you only mean he never gets sacked though surely?

Buggers off before anyone gets chance to.

As a temporary measure he works out well, but after his first spell at Newcastle he didn't stay in any job for a great length of time, did he? Couple of seasons at City being the longest he managed if I remember rightly.

That's a good thing surely? Knows when his time is up, doesn't cost anything etc.

He left Fulham to take over the England job, that's not really the same as walking away, anyone else would do the same. He was at City for four years, got them promoted and left them as an established Premiership club.

His record stands up to any scrutiny. Football is a strange beast whereby walking instead of waiting for a massive payoff seems to be frowned upon.

The best managers don't have to do either.

Does Glenn Hoddle fall into that category? As elsewhere you say "Wouldn't mind Glenn Hoddle until the end of the season",

Strange isn't it, that he was out of work before Ashley brought him back, and after resigning there's still no rush to take him on by EPL clubs outside Newcastle?

Not really.

UPDATE: Wullie has explained it to you. If you need any more info on this subject, feel free to drop me a PM :thup:

What for? Is my dropping you a PM going to get Keegan a job better than the one he walked out on?

nobody can dispute that Keagan left us in a mess.

Oh, it's Keegan who's left us in a mess is it? Nowt to do with the people in charge of the club undermining the man and making it impossible to do his job.

I think it's Ashley and Co who are responsible for this mess.

Can you read man and why only quote selectively? I made it clear that I wasnt discussing  who is responsible for the mess, just that Keagen leaving us 3 games in the season has left us in a mess.

I take Madras' point though that our squad still looks decent, the mess I was referring to though is that we are managerless and even if we appoint one, he might have a different vision and style than Keagen's which means our players will need to be conditioned on his tactics and style of play (which usually takes some time).

This is a bit of a ridiculous thread. If you think the clubs currently managed by Bruce, Megson, Zola and about half of the teams in the league wouldn't take Keegan over current managers than you need your head examined.

Keegan has only really failed at one job, the England job. And even then, he took England to a major tournament, narrowly went out in the group stages. I wouldn't have minded that this summer in the circumstances.

Its fucking annoying how the press tend to rewrite history about Keegan's career - i.e. unstable, poor defence, only succeeds where he has loads of money etc - its all complete bollocks. And the fact that some of our fans are now starting to spout the same shite is disgraceful.

Oh, it's Keegan who's left us in a mess is it? Nowt to do with the people in charge of the club undermining the man and making it impossible to do his job.

Can you read man and why only quote selectively? I made it clear that I wasnt discussing  who is responsible for the mess, just that Keagen leaving us 3 games in the season has left us in a mess.

I take Madras' point though that our squad still looks decent, the mess I was referring to though is that we are managerless and even if we appoint one, he might have a different vision and style than Keagen's which means our players will need to be conditioned on his tactics and style of play (which usually takes some time).

I can read. Can you spell? It's KEEGAN. You're talking about a man whose name you can't even spell. I quoted selectively because i was reacting to the point i highlighted.

I don't think you made it clear that you weren't discussing who was responsible for the situation and that your "Keegan leaving us 3 games into the season has left us in a mess" comment implied that Keegan is to blame.

As for the squad, it's good but thin. 

This is a bit of a ridiculous thread. If you think the clubs currently managed by Bruce, Megson, Zola and about half of the teams in the league wouldn't take Keegan over current managers than you need your head examined.

Keegan has only really failed at one job, the England job. And even then, he took England to a major tournament, narrowly went out in the group stages. I wouldn't have minded that this summer in the circumstances.

Its fucking annoying how the press tend to rewrite history about Keegan's career - i.e. unstable, poor defence, only succeeds where he has loads of money etc - its all complete bollocks. And the fact that some of our fans are now starting to spout the same shite is disgraceful.

Surely if West Ham would take him over Zola, they wouldn't have appointed Zola yesterday? Unless Keegan turned them down?

I agree with that, it's beyond doubt that Keegan is a quality manager. The only thing is, will his suspect emotions and volatile character become too much of a risk for another club?

And will he even want to go back into management?

I agree. Completely.

Guest Brewcastle

If this is how Keegan's time in football ends, it's a disgrace and I hope Ashley/Wise/whoever realise they have finished the career of a legend

I don't think they care much about that. If so, what happened wouldn't happen...... They just a bunch of d*ck-heads.

None of those clubs would take Keegan as manager because he wouldn't be willing to manage on shoestring budgets. Keegan is high maintenance, which isn't necessarily a criticism.

If you are going to call a thread ridiculous at least think your arguments through before telling other people to get their head examined.

Guest optimistic nit

Surely if West Ham would take him over Zola, they wouldn't have appointed Zola yesterday? Unless Keegan turned them down?

i think that there is no chance west ham would want keegan or keegan would want to go to west ham. they are in trouble and need to sell players (well if your going to give players like dyer 80K a week what do you expect, then there's neill, bellers, and a few others i'd imagine who are on a tidy sum) keegan would not accept the people at west ham selling players over his head, and the board at west ham would look at what happened here and think "fuck that!"

Not really.

What for? Is my dropping you a PM going to get Keegan a job better than the one he walked out on?

No but it is going to save you looking glum :thup:

So you'd prefer him to sit there for a good half of the season, and given the situation, watch the club flounder while waiting for a hefty compensation package when Ashley finally sacks him? Not only does he walk away with his pride intact, he's also giving the club time to adjust to a new regime.

So you'd prefer him to sit there for a good half of the season, and given the situation, watch the club flounder while waiting for a hefty compensation package when Ashley finally sacks him? Not only does he walk away with his pride intact, he's also giving the club time to adjust to a new regime.

Personally, i'd prefer Keegan to stay for as long as he's doing a good job. I don't see why that couldn't stretch beyond this season. I'm not sure the club would flounder, and why should he be sacked for doing his job well? So long as he's not demanding to spend unreasonable amounts of money in the transfer market of course.

Obviously Ashley should have final say regarding the amount of money we can spend on players. I don't think that's Keegans problem however. I think he's more unhappy that certain transfer deals have been done without him having much say on the matter.