Injections Thailand??

Slim

Been told the doctor cant see me untill 2 weeks before i go.  Told him if i come back with something its his fault lol.  Anyway im going to have to get some done private.  Can any one tell me what ones i willget at the doctors for free or cheap.  The ones i need four weeks before i go im going to just have to pay private.  :angry:

Guest timmy boy

Where you going and how long for ?

I went to Thailand,Laos,Vietnam and Cambodia for 4 months.I had the free jabs you get off the doctors, two I think, didn't  bother with rabies and the other one and it was fine.The malaria one is only if you are going on the borders of Laos and Cambodia iirc.

Jesus, advice?! Should be retitled: "How to scare the living shite out of anyone going to Thailand"

Have been to Hong Kong and although it was a while back I needed all kinds of jabs, some bloody big needles aswell so hope your not a soft shite.

O0

Do you need yellow fever?

If so you need multiple jabs and you'll have to start before then, as I remember it, maybe that's rabies, hmmm...

Yellow fever is a one off injection which you don't need going into Thailand coming from the UK. Hep A is a multiple course if you want 10 year immunity.

Guest timmy boy

The amount of stray dogs in Thailand is ridiculous, their are 120,000 in Bangkok alone.

If you get bit you still have to get  to a hospital within 24 hours to get the treatment required even if you have had the rabies jab.

The amount of stray dogs in Thailand is ridiculous, their are 120,000 in Bangkok alone.

If you get bit you still have to get  to a hospital within 24 hours to get the treatment required even if you have had the rabies jab.

Yep, but that's better than the certain death you face if you don't, or so the nurse told me, or something like that.

aye rabies is a bad 'n and not to be messed about with - don't hang around if you are bitten by dog but get to hospital even if you've had the shot

tetanus is worthwhile, yellow fever is pretty rare these days but is only a single shot

malaria - thats normally pills and you have to make sure you get the right sort for the particular place you are going - and they don't always work even then

STD is a matter of behaviour but condoms help a lot