Hull...Protest?

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay, so here's a follow on from the other thread. Let's see what comes out on top....

First we have the idea of a boycott, which I doubt many of us will fully back. This boycott could just be for the first/second half or even just a smaller amount of time...i.e. arrive in the ground 15mins late. It could also be for the full game.....

Second is the idea of a march. For a march to take place it would take a hell of a lot of organising and the Police would HAVE to be informed. Is it really worth the hassle? I think a protest would be just as effective at the ground...but each to their own...there's that idea too.

Third idea. There is a universal thing called Eurostand...which the Toon Ultras were kind of hoping to show some backing for at the Hull game. However, with all this nonsense with Keegan vs Ashley, obviously we have our minds on more important matters. I thought this would be a good idea for us all to show we will stand up and be counted. By standing up, we would give them a bit of a nightmare about health and safety and it would look quite good and show we are all united. By doing this we can be in the ground, back the lads, and sing pretty much anything we choose. I reckon this would be a good idea an could work extremely well with enough publicity.

Idea #4...Just go to the game as normal, and support the lads.

Idea #5..please state your alternative option....

I for one would vote for option 3. Vote away, and discuss...cheers.

May we suggest that anyone with strong views and opinions takes themselves to SJP on Saturday and vents those - they'll find plenty of others doing that and plenty of lenses and microphones to capture the goings-on.

Specific demonstrations are being planned for Saturday and we'll bring you news of those as that day draws nearer.

Supporting the team remains at the heart of this for us and most of you - that's why we aren't advocating a boycott of games.

However we fully support calls for the boycotting of club merchandise sales and SJP food and drink outlets including Shearer's Bar.

On a wider scale, we also support calls to boycott other businesses owned by Mike Ashley, including Sports Direct, Sports Soccer & Lillywhites.

And to those who have already walked away in disgust from the whole affair, we understand and sympathise with your views.

In my opinion the only way to go is :

1) Fill the ground.

2) Give the players 100% vocal support

3) Give Keegan 100% vocal support

4) Do not spend a penny in the club shop nor inside the ground on food, drink programmes.

The fans and players are the innocent parties here. The players deserve every backing on the pitch as we need to show them that as far as the fans are concerned, it is only the board that are the targets of the anger. This epseiclaly applies to any of the 2 new lads that arrived on deadline day.

We also need to show the rest of the country that we are not just going to turn our back on the club as a whole.

Guest Blackandwhitearmy

Stand up prostest has been done before and would be by far the most affective.

I'm voting for it, but would require everybody standing up that heard about it and hopefully that will encourage everybody else to stand.

1) Fill the ground.

4) Do not spend a penny in the club shop nor inside the ground on food, drink programmes.

The fans and players are the innocent parties here. The players deserve every backing on the pitch as we need to show them that as far as the fans are concerned, it is only the board that are the targets of the anger. This epseiclaly applies to any of the 2 new lads that arrived on deadline day.

We also need to show the rest of the country that we are not just going to turn our back on the club as a whole.

:clap:

If you voted other could you say what you intend to do so Heza can them add them to the poll.  :thup:

Personally I'm not really in favour of any form of protest that will affect the players and therefore the result of the game but people have a right to do whatever they want as long as it's not illegal. If thousands of fans want to protest then it's going to look a bit silly if they're all doing something different. If they want to force change then they're going to have to get themselves organised and this thread/poll is a good idea.

The only thing I'd be wary of is relying on people actually doing what they say they're prepared to do. It's no good people saying they're going to go in after 20 minutes then going in as per normal, for the sake of argument.

What are you protesting about?

Like I have said in the other thread. This isn't my own personal crusade to get something sorted. I am merely trying to help others focus there ideas and opinions so that they are heard better. My main two choices from the above are to back the lads as normal and to do the stand up one.

If I am protesting at anything it's how Wise is at the club and Keegan isn't....but even then....if Wise has brought these quality players in, and Keegan actually has over-looked clauses in his contract...we would all look like numpties....

1) Fill the ground.

Spot on, mate. The 2 new lads are Newcastle United players and should now be made to feel welcome by the fans. The club will not get a penny off me as far as merchandise etc goes that's for sure, but I will always support the team, no matter how disgusted I am at the people in charge. The players have done nothing wrong and some of them may feel the same as we do regarding the whole situation, so let's not let them down.

If you voted other could you say what you intend to do so Heza can them add them to the poll.  :thup:

Personally I'm not really in favour of any form of protest that will affect the players and therefore the result of the game but people have a right to do whatever they want as long as it's not illegal. If thousands of fans want to protest then it's going to look a bit silly if they're all doing something different. If they want to force change then they're going to have to get themselves organised and this thread/poll is a good idea.

The only thing I'd be wary of is relying on people actually doing what they say they're prepared to do. It's no good people saying they're going to go in after 20 minutes then going in as per normal, for the sake of argument.

A Mod'/Admin' may have to add these options to the poll......

Can you not add them? I'll add whatever (sensible) options you want if need be.

Another thing people who want to boycot say the opening part of the game need to consider is when do the club shut the turnstiles. I don't know myself but it would be pretty embarassing if the idea was to turn up 30 mins into the game and the club had shut the turnstiles.

Now obviously I can't fully speak with my heart here, but I entirely agree with Robster.

Turning backs on the club even for a couple of games won't do much good. Don't buy anything at the ground by all means.

If we have a new manager i'd rather people just welcomed him and got behind the team. We've had enough drama.

I know this won't happen though.

"Toon fan in talks sense sensation!"

I can see the headlines now...

1) Fill the ground.

I agree with 1 to 4 as I was going to do that anyway.

Aye, I just hadn't realised how to mate...cheers.

1) Fill the ground.

I agree with 1 to 4 as I was going to do that anyway.

Aye, got to agree with all that. I'm secretly rooting for the Stand Up For Keegan one to win like..... :razz:

I'd suggest you wait til about Tuesday to gauge the options that are viable then reset the poll and let people vote for maybe 2 or 3 of the options you have. Then take it fro there.  :thup:

I'd suggest you wait til about Tuesday to gauge the options that are viable then reset the poll and let people vote for maybe 2 or 3 of the options you have. Then take it fro there.  :thup:

Aye, it sounds a good idea. Not sure when to end the poll tbh? We need to give ourselves enough time to conatct nufc.com and other groups alike with what was most popular on here. Just to get the word out etc.....

Aye, got to agree with all that. I'm secretly rooting for the Stand Up For Keegan one to win like..... :razz:

That could be the 5th as I wouldn't have a problem with that, anything which doesn't make us look like mongs or have a possible negative outcome on the game.

Aye, it sounds a good idea. Not sure when to end the poll tbh? We need to give ourselves enough time to conatct nufc.com and other groups alike with what was most popular on here. Just to get the word out etc.....

Think or yourself. Don't wait for .com to tell you what to do. They'll say what they think and suggest something but that doesn't mean you've got to fall into line and ollow suit. Get your ideas up there, find out which ones are popular and take it from there.

Think or yourself. Don't wait for .com to tell you what to do. They'll say what they think and suggest something but that doesn't mean you've got to fall into line and ollow suit. Get your ideas up there, find out which ones are popular and take it from there.

Is your 'f' key fucked?