Fatih Terim interested in NUFC job

SUPERTOON

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/07/Prem-Terim-in-Newcastle-talks/?facets/football/

Setanta Sports News has reported that Fatih Terim is interested in the vacant managerial position at St James’ Park, after speaking to his representative.

The Magpies are in the hunt for a new boss following Kevin Keegan’s acrimonious departure last week, and while a public row has erupted over the details of his exit the club have had to start the search for a new manager.

Their attentions may now turn to Terim – whose stock rose considerably further following his side’s Euro 2008 campaign, in which he guided Turkey to a semi-final where they eventually succumbed to Germany – after his representative Mel Goldberg revealed that the 55-year-old would be interested in such a challenge.

“It goes without saying that any manager, including Terim, would be interested in a position like this,” Goldberg told Setanta Sports News.

“Newcastle is a massive club with passionate fans and we hope they bring in the right man for the job.”

Terim – who has had two spells in charge of Galatasaray as well as stints at the helm of Milan and Fiorentina – could now be targeted by Mike Ashley, who is desperate to secure a high-profile name as he attempts to appease the legions of furious Newcastle fans who have rallied in the wake of Keegan’s exit.

Terim oversaw a 2-0 win in his country’s opening 2010 World Cup qualifier against Armenia on Saturday.

Sorry if already posted didnt see a thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Toon turn to Terim

by Joseph Caron Dawe, 07 September 2008

Setanta Sports News are reporting that Newcastle United are in talks with Turkey coach Fatih Terim over the vacant managerial position at St James’ Park.

The Magpies are in the hunt for a new boss following Kevin Keegan’s acrimonious departure last week, and while a public row has erupted over the details of his exit the club have had to start the search for a new manager.

Their attentions have now turned to Terim whose stock rose considerably further following his side’s Euro 2008 campaign, in which he guided Turkey to a semi-final where they eventually succumbed to Germany.

Now Terim – who has had two spells in charge of Galatasaray as well as stints at the helm of Milan and Fiorentina – has been targeted by Mike Ashley, who is desperate to secure a high-profile name as he attempts to appease the legions of furious Newcastle fans who have rallied in the wake of Keegan’s exit.

The 55-year-old oversaw a 2-0 win in his country’s opening 2010 World Cup qualifier against Armenia on Saturday.

My Turkish colleague says he would be a brilliant head coach and is a great motivator.

Faith (good name :snod:) seems too me be a quite similar person to Keegan, good motivator and coach. But how will he handle the other part of the club? that is the big question.

would love him though :snod:

My Turkish colleague says he would be a brilliant head coach and is a great motivator.

Faith (good name :snod:) seems too me be a quite similar person to Keegan, good motivator and coach. But how will he handle the other part of the club? that is the big question.

If he takes over then i would think he would be happy with the structure. Surely everything will be agreed prior to an announcement

So this bloke would report to Wise right? Has no problem being told what to do right? No problems with knowing his station right? "Fucking mental" right? Sign him up!

Well he is now telling me he initially left Galatasaray because he wasn't happy with the structure and he wanted sole control and part of his job to be what the DoF did.

Well he is now telling me he initially left Galatasaray because he wasn't happy with the structure and he wanted sole control and part of his job to be what the DoF did.

Sounds perfect. :lol:

Guest SmileyCulture

If he takes over then i would think he would be happy with the structure. Surely everything will be agreed prior to an announcement

lol like it was agree'd with keegan?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Look on a well known website of him on the touchline, class

speaks very good english as well

good one: FATİH TERİM'İN MOTİVE TARZI (note georgi hagi in the background pullin shorts up)

I bet KK thought that