Loyalist supporters ?????????

Guest NUFC69

Think we have went from the best supporters in the country to probably some of the worst. St James' used to be a place where teams feared to come , the atmosphere is embarrassing and the only players who intimidated are our own. Can't believe the amount of booing that goes on , it must be great for opponents to see some of our players guven stick by the own crowd. In the bar yes but should never happen during a game , makes us look so bad.

We also need new songs surely amongst our thousands there must be a few who are musically talented , look at man U show us up. Talking about showing us up "shoes off for the lads" makes me cringe

Think we have went from the best supporters in the country to probably some of the worst. St James' used to be a place where teams feared to come , the atmosphere is embarrassing and the only players who intimidated are our own. Can't believe the amount of booing that goes on , it must be great for opponents to see some of our players guven stick by the own crowd. In the bar yes but should never happen during a game , makes us look so bad.

We also need new songs surely amongst our thousands there must be a few who are musically talented , look at man U show us up. Talking about showing us up "shoes off for the lads" makes me cringe

You need to get a grip. If most of us (ie other clubs) had put up with the shit you've put up with, there'd be nobody left to watch, end of.

You need to get a grip. If most of us (ie other clubs) had put up with the shit you've put up with, there'd be nobody left to watch, end of.

Aye, the hard times have certainly hit Newcastle United Football Club like.  Premiership team, European Football, Still in the Carling Cup, Multi-Million Pound players.  Can't imagine anything worse tbh.  :roll: :lol:

Aye, the hard times have certainly hit Newcastle United Football Club like.  Premiership team, European Football, Still in the Carling Cup, Multi-Million Pound players.  Can't imagine anything worse tbh.  :roll: :lol:

Glad you can acknowledge the difference between us and you lot. Well done.  :)

Very much so, I congratulate Newcastle for the fact that they at least try (albeit usually hilariously unsuccessfully from my point of view)to gain success. While Sunderland failed to even attempt that when we had our best chance of doing so in absolute donkeys years.

Very much so, I congratulate Newcastle for the fact that they at least try (albeit usually hilariously unsuccessfully from my point of view)to gain success. While Sunderland failed to even attempt that when we had our best chance of doing so in absolute donkeys years.

Spot on. I applaud your magnanimous nature. You truly know your place in the real world - well done.  :cool:

Guest toonelaide

The original poster makes a good point, I've never been to SJP (international fan). But if the mood there is a reflection of the mood of this board then theres a lot more negativity than support.

Totally disagree with original post. So yeah, the atmos isnt always great. But you wont find to many great atmosphere's around the Country if they are watching shite. When the lads put the effort in on the pitch, they always get a response from the crowd.

Which brings me onto my next point. The football at SJP has been shite since Robson left and only now are you seeing a very small dip in attendances. No doubt after Wednesdays win, it will prob be capacity again today. The thing is, we are hugley disallousion up here. We lose a few games in a row and its time for the manager to go. We win a few and we think we can make a realistic chance of hitting a champions league spot. Its always the same, its the way we are. We love the Toon and are incredibly loyal.

Look at the away support. Games where we have been 2, 3 - 0 down and you still here them out singing the home support. Maybe its where i sit, but i never here that at SJP.

So yes, we are the loyalist supporters the World has ever seen.

Guest Gemmill

The original poster makes a good point, I've never been to SJP (international fan). But if the mood there is a reflection of the mood of this board then theres a lot more negativity than support.

How do you know whether the original poster makes a good point if you've never been to SJP?

Guest thenorthumbrian

Totally disagree with original post. So yeah, the atmos isnt always great. But you wont find to many great atmosphere's around the Country if they are watching shite. When the lads put the effort in on the pitch, they always get a response from the crowd.

Which brings me onto my next point. The football at SJP has been shite since Robson left and only now are you seeing a very small dip in attendances. No doubt after Wednesdays win, it will prob be capacity again today. The thing is, we are hugley disallousion up here. We lose a few games in a row and its time for the manager to go. We win a few and we think we can make a realistic chance of hitting a champions league spot. Its always the same, its the way we are. We love the Toon and are incredibly loyal.

Look at the away support. Games where we have been 2, 3 - 0 down and you still here them out singing the home support. Maybe its where i sit, but i never here that at SJP.

So yes, we are the loyalist supporters the World has ever seen.

Football fans are all fickle in as much if their teams win a couple of games they are the best and if they lose a couple everythings terrible.

But that fact haven't won a trophy of any importance since 1969 and domestically since 1955  bluesigh.gif and still get 50,000 crowds tells its own story.

As for loyal fans I always think a handful of fans who follow Hartlepool or Darlo on an away trip on a wet wednesday night to Torquay are probably the staunchest fans of the lot.

Guest Geordie_Paul

We were and still are the most loyal by far. It works both ways, the fans need to get behind the team to give them a boost but the team needs to do something to "excite" the fans. :p

I read in one of the other threads and i agree. We need to come up with some more original chants than the same ones day in day out. Start giving the opposition some stick :p

Guest toonelaide

How do you know whether the original poster makes a good point if you've never been to SJP?

Fair point, I guess what I mean is, his suggestion that a negativy is a negative influence on the team is a good point.

If the team plays terrible, people may get on their backs for it, but if you want to make them perform better, it's probably more productive to offer your support when they are playing badly, and counter-productive to become overly critical.

That's right Gemmil, find those heretics and burn them out son. For the good of the club.  :lol:

If something/someone is deserving of criticism then it/they should be criticised, there are many, many things about NUFC that are deserving of criticism at the moment and it is right for people who are concerned about the club (ie us lot) to voice their concerns. If people feel they can't or shouldn't be able to air their grievences then that's a bad thing. Having said that, some ways of criticising are more beneficial than others, but it's up to the individual to work that one out.

If you think we are poor these days nothing compared with following us in the 70's and 80's when we were crap . Trips to shrewsbury , wrexham etc those days and getting beat we were proper supporters in those days. My point is we support our club , whoever plays in the shirt. Booing and moaning during game is not loyal/ We should be lifting OUR team but atmosphere is opposite to that in fact think opposition don't mind playing at SJP anymore.

We are desperatf for new songs apparentle a lad from dublin writes Man U's any buddind x factor geordies ???