Approach to football

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know, new thread, i'm sorry - but i'm genuinely interested in how people feel about this.

So... I'm smarting from the Keegan thing as i've said elsewhere, but although i'm angry, i don't know who is to blame and for what reasons. I'll try and stay impartial as i can until i see a copy of Keegan's contract. And that'll never happen so i'm in limbo tbh.

Anyhow, the general concensus to me is that Ashley and Wise want booting.

For me, the Man City thing has saddened and infuriated me - as i feel that it takes the football out of football. Obvious world class players whoring themselves about for massive fees. So, Ashley out - Ambani in. We lose the natural player development and adopt the Chelski approach. Is that the future you'd like us to have?

I've praised the system we've got from the word go tbh, i won't deny that.

Yeah nabbing other clubs youngster is so much better than what you class as the other way

Tbf to Chelsea they are probably the leading club in Europe for signing so called talent below first team level. Wegner signs youngsters who can play first team football. We are more like Chelsea in the youngsters we sign are not ready for the first team.

Yeah nabbing other clubs youngster is so much better than what you class as the other way

Tbf to Chelsea they are probably the leading club in Europe for signing so called talent below first team level. Wegner signs youngsters who can play first team football. We are more like Chelsea in the youngsters we sign are not ready for the first team.

Probably didn't phrase it too well in 'upcoming talent'. Let's face it, Gutierrez, Coloccini, Guthrie, Gonzalez - even Xisco to an extent - are established in their respective leagues. Just as we did under Bobby with Bellamy and Robert - they were good players already, but we made them what they were.

Nicking youngsters is just one half of it. :razz:

Guest black n white

why is it un-natural

the teams that have been dominating the champions league have had more money to spend than everyone else..not any more and i think its a good thing

not to say it couldnt go tits up

we are not following the arsenal system wenger chooses his own players and none of them are english to add

why is it un-natural

the teams that have been dominating the champions league have had more money to spend than everyone else..not any more and i think its a good thing

we are not following the arsenal system wenger chooses his own players and none of them are english to add

Yeah but you'd rather we got relegated than win a trophy. :undecided:

Probably didn't phrase it too well in 'upcoming talent'. Let's face it, Gutierrez, Coloccini, Guthrie, Gonzalez - even Xisco to an extent - are established in their respective leagues. Just as we did under Bobby with Bellamy and Robert - they were good players already, but we made them what they were.

As I said Chelsea are awesome recruiters of youth footballer with Frank Arnsen running the show. Where as Arsne is the king of signing quality young first teamers. I think we will be more like Chelsea signing youth team players.

As I said Chelsea are awesome recruiters of youth footballer with Frank Arnsen running the show. Where as Arsne is the king of signing quality young first teamers. I think we will be more like Chelsea signing youth team players.

This isn't me being arsey, i'm genuinely curious, since Arnesen has been there - who has come through and established themselves in the first team squad (let alon the first team). I know, it's all about potential, but is there anyone who's gonna make it through the youth system if they continue spending zillions every transfer window?

The latter, but I'm aware of how difficult and slow a process it is.

Me too and I like the idea that we are a club that is seemingly trying to go down that road.

Looks like we are only reading the "Dummies" version of how to do it though instead of the intensive edition.

Guest black n white

why is it un-natural

if it takes relegation to get rid of ashley was my point

seriously now our  squad against most of the premiership squads, trophies to me are light years away, a few injuries in defence and we are up shit creek

anil for me with wenger as boss  that'll do

This isn't me being arsey, i'm genuinely curious, since Arnesen has been there - who has come through and established themselves in the first team squad (let alon the first team). I know, it's all about potential, but is there anyone who's gonna make it through the youth system if they continue spending zillions every transfer window?

I think the closest they've got at the moment is Di Santo. Sinclair too but I can't see him getting many games.

why is it un-natural

if it takes relegation to get rid of ashley was my point

seriously now our  squad against most of the premiership squads, trophies to me are light years away, a few injuries in defence and we are up shit creek

anil for me with wenger as boss  that'll do

I just can't comprehend the idea of any of our fans wanting us to lose, let alone actually wanting us to be relegated.

The first one is the only realistic one. Arsenal themselves havent won a trophy for years with their policy. They didnt get in the champions league by doing that anyway.

I for one wish Man City luck breaking into the sky 4 cartel, the league has been fucking boring for years and the only way it will change is through clubs like City and ourselves getting a rich owner.

I can see everyone blaming City for ruining football somewhere down the line, even though Sky, the Premier League, The FA, Man Utd, Uefa, Sepp Blatter, Richard Scudamore, the Champions League, Silvio Berlusconi, Roman Abramovich and a million others are more at fault for creating this situation in the first place.

BINGO!

That is why it such a risk signing youth team players as they only have potential. Wegners method of signing youngster who can play first team football is a much better method. That is why I am not holding out for the Italian striker, the Swede goalie, Ngo, Kadar, Tozer & NILE RANGER becoming regulars!!! Let me see the club sign guys like Bellamy, Jenas, CNZ over youth talent. Like I say we seem to maybe going down the Chelsea route rather than the Arsenal way.

If we were guarenteed success whichever way we did it, i would prefer to go the Arsenal way. That way you can have real pride that as a club you have climbed to the top. Chelsea were on a decline befpre Roman came in and only jus crept into top 4 on the top day ahead of Liverpool.

I would much rather we slowly became a big/succesful club over time than become a rich club over night.

However (i know this kind of contradicts everything  have just said), i wouldn't mind us becoming rich and being able to buy anyone over night if it meant we would get success as the other/'correct' way does not seem to be working for us.

We're not going down the Arsenal route. How about splitting the second option in two parts: Arsenal - buying young talent in order to create a great team; Us - buying cheap foreigners with potentially great resale value.

That is the Arsenal route in both parts in reality.

Guest Sniffer

But surely the big difference between us and arsenal, even if we were trying to build with youth, we are clearly a selling team. Even if we find the youngsters I get the impression that making money selling them on is Ashley's vision. Not building a trophy winning team which is wenger's vision where players are not bought and sold unless he gives the go ahead.