This new system of ours

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT has no desire to engage in a war of words but *inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations have to be corrected.

It is a fact that this system has forced our manager to resign

It is a fact that this system has operated a smear campaign against KK, a man who has done more for NUFC than any man alive

It is a fact that this system is prepared to drag the club's name through the courts

It is a fact that this system has failed to tie up Owen to a longer deal

It is a fact that this system has failed to strengthen the squad enough and replace one or two players sold

It is a fact that this system has failed to add quality to key areas of the team that needed addressed

It is a fact that this system has failed spectacularly to communicate with fans

It is a fact that this system has fucked up season ticket arrivals

It is a fact that this system has made us the laughing stock of world football

It is a fact that this system has turned our beloved club into a circus

It is a fact that this system has caused a great deal of uncertainty and unrest within the dressing room

*There are a few people claiming the new system is a success or can be.

Really?

It is a fact that this system has been nothing short of a disaster and it is not and never will be a success at Newcastle United.

Sorry but 1 Jonas as much as I like what I see does not justify any never mind all of the above.

HTT has no desire to engage in a war of words but *inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations have to be corrected.

It is a fact that this system has forced our manager to resign

It is a fact that this system has operated a smear campaign against KK, a man who has done more for NUFC than any man alive

It is a fact that this system is prepared to drag the club's name through the courts

It is a fact that this system has failed to tie up Owen to a longer deal

It is a fact that this system has failed to strengthen the squad enough and replace one or two players sold

It is a fact that this system has failed to add quality to key areas of the team that needed addressed

It is a fact that this system has failed spectacularly to communicate with fans

It is a fact that this system has fucked up season ticket arrivals

It is a fact that this system has made us the laughing stock of world football

It is a fact that this system has turned our beloved club into a circus

It is a fact that this system has caused a great deal of uncertainty and unrest within the dressing room

*There are a few people claiming the new system is a success or can be.

Really?

It is a fact that this system has been nothing short of a disaster and it is not and never will be a success at Newcastle United.

Sorry but 1 Jonas as much as I like what I see does not justify any never mind all of the above.

nailed on, but wait for their apologists.

Nearly all of those are opinions, not facts.

It's my opinion that the team that started this season is much better than the team which finished last, and until a few days ago most people would have agreed with me. Keegan storming out doesn't change that.

Guest Howaythetoon

It is a fact that HTT has given up on the club and should probably be posting on a Kevin Keegan memorial site rather than one that is still concerned with the football club.

Oh contraire Tron. My faith in the badge will never diminish. My faith in Ashley and Co however stands at zero.

I'm over KK and unlike some others I don't want KK back if there is to be a takeover.

You've said this a few times now - is it actually the truth?

I'm not as clued up on the history of the club as I would like to be so I'm genuinely not sure.

I was one of them a few weeks back NE5 the mug that I am - before KK revealed them for what they are, charlatans.

That doesn't mean that what the club was trying to do was wrong, it's the way that they've tried to do it where it falls down.  If the scouts/DOF and the others reported to Keegan then it wouldn't have been a problem.

Guest Howaythetoon
Keegan storming out doesn't change that.

I think we'll soon see just what an impact KK had on the team and what his loss means to the team, starting at Hull where I predict a victory for the visitors as I can't see the players being in the right frame of mind nor too happy at having their hopes and ambitions for the campaign dashed over internal feuding, much less paying any respect to this Richard Money bloke who will be managing them on the day.

I think we'll see less and less of Owen who will be "injured" more, N'Zogbia will go back into sulking, Shay will be wishing for January to get out of here where as the foreign lads will be wondering what the hell is going on.

I think we'll soon see just what an impact KK had on the team and what his loss means to the team, starting at Hull where I predict a victory for the visitors as I can't see the players being in the right frame of mind nor too happy at having their hopes and ambitions for the campaign dashed over internal feuding, much less paying any respect to this Richard Money bloke who will be managing them on the day.

I think we'll see less and less of Owen who will be "injured" more, N'Zogbia will go back into sulking, Shay will be wishing for January to get out of here where as the foreign lads will be wondering what the hell is going on.

What I was driving at was that most people seemed pretty satisfied with the players that had been brought in, and with the early performances. Now that there's been this row with Keegan, a lot of people are saying that the system is useless.

Sounds like a good game to find out which players actually earn their wages week in week out.

Most prefer to judge his impact on how many points we pick up and not on if someone is injured or sulking.

Nice to know you think Owen would fake injuries btw. O0

Guest Howaythetoon

You've said this a few times now - is it actually the truth?

I'm not as clued up on the history of the club as I would like to be so I'm genuinely not sure.

Well Wor Jackie is dead, Harvey is dead, Sir Bobby achieved good things here of course but not on the same level as what KK achieved so yes, KK has done more for this club than anyone alive. He saved us from relegation (twice you could argue) and took us to within 4 points of the title in just 4 years. The stadium we call home, Shearer's goal record, being able to sign Owen and so much more would not be possible without KK. Oh and Sir John Hall, who despite the stick he gets deserves as much acclaim as KK in many ways.

That doesn't mean that what the club was trying to do was wrong, it's the way that they've tried to do it where it falls down.  If the scouts/DOF and the others reported to Keegan then it wouldn't have been a problem.

The way they have lied to the fans isn't wrong because they were lying, but because of the way it was lied?

You do seem to be putting Keegan on a pedastal here, Chris, but just look at his record. He's never won a major trophy. He's had a history of walking out of jobs. What success he's had has been when he's been able to outspend the opposition. His record in this second spell here hasn't been anything fantastic.

I think his confidence and enthusiasm for the game are quite brittle. You don't exile yourself and avoid watching a single game for three years if your motivation is as steady as it should be.

HTT as I have said elsewhere you have been on the money since this Keegan kicked off.

I find it strange that some come across as anti-Keegan, this is why Man Utd fans (YES MANCHESTER UNITED FANS) are better than us as they never forget there heroes & still sing songs about them even though they are gone. Sir Alex is right on two of the things he said in his interview with David Frost: 1) The manager has to be the most important person at a club. 2) Manchester United are a proper club. Neither seems true about Newcastle United in fact the we are million miles away from being a proper club.

The way they have lied to the fans isn't wrong because they were lying, but because of the way it was lied?

The lying has nothing to do with the system if I'm right in thinking HTT is on about the DOF, if he's not then I've picked it up wrong. 

Guest Howaythetoon

What I was driving at was that most people seemed pretty satisfied with the players that had been brought in, and with the early performances. Now that there's been this row with Keegan, a lot of people are saying that the system is useless.

A lot of that positivity stemmed from KK himself or fans' faith in him, my own included. We would play better and win more games even with our limitations and a team lacking balance, depth and quality in some areas. That's what KK gives you, something extra. Look at what he done for Owen, Martins' game has improved, the spirit in the camp was sky high, the new lads have all settled in well, that's thanks to KK that. Take that away and the reality hits you that we have a very thin squad with a team that lacks balance and quality in some areas. The club have known for 2 windows now what is needed, I suspect KK did too hence comments about left-backs, but the system has failed to deliver the nessacary numbers and quality that a club with our aspirations (Ashley wants our season to reflect how much we pay out in wages, his words, not mine) and expectations to have only spent a net of 1m or whatever it is is nothing short of incredible. People forget how poor we were last season, how close we were to the relegation spots. As far as I can tell we have only strengthened that team with 2 new faces but we've lost someone who was worth 4 new faces and then  sum, KK.

Guest Howaythetoon

You do seem to be putting Keegan on a pedastal here, Chris, but just look at his record. He's never won a major trophy. He's had a history of walking out of jobs. What success he's had has been when he's been able to outspend the opposition. His record in this second spell here hasn't been anything fantastic.

I think his confidence and enthusiasm for the game are quite brittle. You don't exile yourself and avoid watching a single game for three years if your motivation is as steady as it should be.

Of course I am, our club has been littered with more Souness' than Keegans, he was our Fergie. Looking back, what he achieved was phenomenal Bob. I don't think any one else could have done what he did for us at the time and it is no coincidence that after he left, we struggled for years to move on and I fear history will repeat itself once more.

A lot of that positivity stemmed from KK himself or fans' faith in him, my own included. We would play better and win more games even with our limitations and a team lacking balance, depth and quality in some areas. That's what KK gives you, something extra. Look at what he done for Owen, Martins' game has improved, the spirit in the camp was sky high, the new lads have all settled in well, that's thanks to KK that. Take that away and the reality hits you that we have a very thin squad with a team that lacks balance and quality in some areas. The club have known for 2 windows now what is needed, I suspect KK did too hence comments about left-backs, but the system has failed to deliver the nessacary numbers and quality that a club with our aspirations (Ashley wants our season to reflect how much we pay out in wages, his words, not mine) and expectations to have only spent a net of 1m or whatever it is is nothing short of incredible. People forget how poor we were last season, how close we were to the relegation spots. As far as I can tell we have only strengthened that team with 2 new faces but we've lost someone who was worth 4 new faces and then  sum, KK.

The thing that's changed from this season to last isn't the manager, it's the players. And it's not Keegan that's delivered the players.