Lotina Rejects us...?

EthiGeordie

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4118371,00.html

Deportivo La Coruna boss Miguel Angel Lotina has rejected an approach from Newcastle United about the vacant manager's post at St James' Park.

The Magpies are searching for a new boss following Kevin Keegan's shock resignation last week.

And Lotina has revealed he has been approached by representatives claiming to be connected to the Premier League outfit as they attempt to secure a successor to Keegan.

"I don't give it too much importance," said Lotina, who led Depor to a ninth-placed Primera Liga finish last season.

Contract

"I had a call, I don't know if it was from someone very close to the club (Newcastle) or not because there are so many businessmen that you never know, to see if I would be interested.

"I told them no because I have a contract and I'm not thinking of any other team. I nipped it in the bud.

"I'm happy at Depor and my intention is to continue here until 30th June."

Newcastle signed two of Depor's players this summer in Fabricio Coloccini and striker Xisco

Sounds like weak link to me. Says somebody approached but he doesn't know who it was.

So at best we sounded him out. At worst it was a dodgy businessman as he says trying to set up the deal.

Either way he hasn't rejected us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think we would contact a number of managers tentitively in the initial 'sounding out' period. He might be one of them not the one!

I hope we wait for the next chairman to come in, so he can decide on who he wants.  :angel:

In this dream of yours, who is this new chairman and what exciting manager is he thinking of bringing in?

Paul Jewels sister knows Theo Paphitis. Could be a goer. :cheesy:

Methinks no one from Newcastle have asked this bloke anything, and he's either using us to promote his "loyalty" (wouldn't be the first time a manager's used us this way - nor the first time we DIDN'T get in touch with them to start with) or one of the local rags is playing a trick on him and he's too dumb to realize that officials at NUFC are not Spanish speakers !