Spurs League Cup 24th Sept - the only match where a protest would count?

pinkeye

We have all paid for our season tickets already, missing the Hull match, walking out or whatever only hurts us and the team - who still need us!!!

There is a match coming up where the club relies on season ticket holders and the public to pay extra (apart from those with cup tickets in their package).

Surely this is the game to avoid, I mean the closing date for season ticket applications is 11th Sept, this week.  If people haven't applied for their seats by the end of this week then a huge message is sent to the club and more importantly Ashley.

Usually I would not hesitate in getting a ticket for this, I love beating the Spuds but, this time I am not going to go, plus it's on tele!!

Maybe a poll would be relevent here, a) Going, b) not going

We have all paid for our season tickets already, missing the Hull match, walking out or whatever only hurts us and the team - who still need us!!!

There is a match coming up where the club relies on season ticket holders and the public to pay extra (apart from those with cup tickets in their package).

Surely this is the game to avoid, I mean the closing date for season ticket applications is 11th Sept, this week.  If people haven't applied for their seats by the end of this week then a huge message is sent to the club and more importantly Ashley.

Usually I would not hesitate in getting a ticket for this, I love beating the Spuds but, this time I am not going to go, plus it's on tele!!

Maybe a poll would be relevent here, a) Going, b) not going

You're right quite correct, we shouldn't want the players to do well and for us to progress in the Cups and maybe even win a trophy and a spot in Europe.

Dont boycott any games, fill the stadium and show the rest of the wankers having a pop at us what we are made of.

GEORDIES YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB NEEDS YOU.

regardless of which knackers own it.

Dig in, this could take a long time.

Dont boycott any games, fill the stadium and show the rest of the wankers having a pop at us what we are made of.

GEORDIES YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB NEEDS YOU.

regardless of which knackers own it.

Dig in, this could take a long time.

In complete agreement, If I still lived in the UK, I would be there without a shadow of a doubt. The team needs our support now more than anything.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The players have done nothing wrong

If anything barring arsenal they have played their hearts out so far

Embarassing to think this is even a remote option

Surely the biggest message could be to do exactly the opposite. You've stated the obvious that this might have a smaller attendance than most due to the fact its League Cup 3rd round. How's about sending a message to the rest of the country and prove what fanatical support NUFC possesses, and turn up in big numbers to this Spurs game? (When you've said yourself it might not be expected, problems or not).

I think this is the right match for a boycott, altho i cant see many people spending their cash on it anyway.

Theres a fine line between being passionate supporters (as the toon army are week in, week out) and looking like mugs.

Bit of a mixed reaction but, it seems that most people do not want to boycott any games, which is completely fair enough like - reaction has completely shifted from last week when everybody wanted the world to know that they were pissed off and prepared to do anything to prove it!!

Personally I don't want to boycott any matches either, my point was that for those who still wanted that type of protest the Spurs game would have been the better one to exercise that right at rather than a one that was already paid for and covered by the season ticket.

I still haven't applied for my ticket for this match, I have a feeling that I am going to apply, just wanted to test general opinion on here to see what others were planning to do.

Who's going?

Who's not (for any reason)?

Only the mug punters will be at this game.

You complete gimp. By mug punters of course you mean true supporters?

Whilst I disagree with any boycott, at least those that talk about not going to the Hull game are standing by their principles.

Talking about not going to this game is a bit "Well I probably couldn't be arsed to go anyway so lets just call it my boycott". Why go to Hull where we have no realistic chance of winning the league (or qualifying for Europe), and then boycott a game which is in fact our most realistic chance of a trophy and hence European qualification?

Only the mug punters will be at this game.

You complete gimp. By mug punters of course you mean true supporters?

Whilst I disagree with any boycott, at least those that talk about not going to the Hull game are standing by their principles.

Talking about not going to this game is a bit "Well I probably couldn't be arsed to go anyway so lets just call it my boycott". Why go to Hull where we have no realistic chance of winning the league (or qualifying for Europe), and then boycott a game which is in fact our most realistic chance of a trophy and hence European qualification?

:clap2: