Emotional attachment to Keegan could prove catastrophic to the club?

Jamie87

I thought this was deserving of a new thread, mainly because I am really worried the way people are reacting. If anyone should think its not, mods can do their job.

First off, I love Kevin Keegan, the man just makes me smile (apart from recently), his never ending enthusiasm and love for the club makes it hard not to love him. However, I love Newcastle United more, a lot more. I was skeptical about his return in the first place, mainly for this reason. I had no doubt he would save us from relegation, but I always had the thought that Ashley may have only seen him as a stop gap. Even a stop gap for a year or two, but by no means the long term answer.

My main worry is this; a lot of people are pissed off, and maybe quite rightly so. But a lot of people are going to direct that anger at a new manager, so where do we go from here. Keegan isn't coming back, and I don't think it would be good if he did. Its looking more and more likley we may be stuck with Ashley. What good will it do if we scare any new prospective manager away? I agree in sending out a message to Ashley at the Hull game, but thats it, has to be a line drawn under it, or this circus will continue.

Thats is all. would appreciate thoughts.

You're spot on. Already posted in another thread that I hope there's not a new guy in for Hull, because the reaction to him at SJP could be seriously s***.

True although I hope there is a new guy in charge cos I'm sick of the speculation already.

I agree in part.

I think the manager will only take flack if he was someone who was intrinsicly linked to Ashley/Wise... like Poyet or just plain shite like O'Leary

However, if for example Zico was sitting in the dug out, I think he would get whole hearted support.

Guest Sniffer

It's not entirely the loss of KK. It's the entire management strategy along withe absentee owners/directors that people are pissed off about. Especially a twat like wise pulling the strings that resulted in the loss of KK and making the entire club and city look like a laughing stock.

That's not going away after the Hull match.

i cant see them appointing someone before saturday simply because of this reason. It would be bad crack for a new manager to be given a bad reception, unless it was Wise i could see why people would react angrily then.

on a sidenote, for some reason dont really have any anticipation as to who the new gaffer is going to be. Not sure why. Maybe it because i dont think it will be announced until next week or maybe im just expecting such a "meh" name. Who knows.  :undecided:

i cant see them appointing someone before saturday simply because of this reason. It would be bad crack for a new manager to be given a bad reception, unless it was Wise i could see why people would react angrily then.

Bollocks to the match, the reaction if they rolled out Wise would be fucking priceless. :lol:

If Keegan came back tomorrow, he'd have my unreserved backing and admiration as before. He;s a great man, and no one should ever under-estimate what he's done for this club.

That doesn't make him infallible however, but some people take exception when this is pointed out. More importantly he's gone and not coming back. We need to move on, I just hope the rabble rousers won't prevent future managers from coming here.

Bollocks to the match, the reaction if they rolled out Wise would be f***ing priceless. :lol:

i almost want them to appoint him just to see the reaction!  ;D

Guest black n white

its  not just the emotional attachment it is also the way that kk, the fans and the players have been treated by these people(use the word loosely).

As for the next manager i can see it being pretty difficult for any manager to agree to having clauses put in his contract that he would have to pay the club 2m if he walked away, that in itself is enough to think our new manager think twice as they could be walking into a cauldron of hate

Guest Jungle Barry

It's not so much that we've lost Keegan again  that bothers me but more the wider implications of how and why it came about.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I feel like the heart has been ripped out of my club. Am I not allowed to show some form of emotional attachment?

Fucking right !

Keegan got the adoration of Newcastle fans because of the massive contribution he made to this club not once but twice.

Wise only came to the club as he has personal connections to Ashley- there can be no football reason why he's here.

Wise only came to bring in youth team players so why was he even interfering in first team matters anyway.

If people can't feel angry at the hiarchy making a complete bollocks of the club they love then I really don't understand why they are football fans  - let alone Newcastle United fans - in the first place.

By the way, where are Wise, Ashley, Lambias  and the rest of them, are they carboard cut outs ?

Spinning against Keegan through friendly media hacks isn't good enough.

A couple of biased comments on the official club website won't do either.

on a sidenote, for some reason dont really have any anticipation as to who the new gaffer is going to be. Not sure why. Maybe it because i dont think it will be announced until next week or maybe im just expecting such a "meh" name. Who knows.  :undecided:

Seems like they're doing their best to get someone in at the moment.

I feel like the heart has been ripped out of my club. Am I not allowed to show some form of emotional attachment?

f***ing right !

Keegan got the adoration of Newcastle fans because of the massive contribution he made to this club not once but twice.

Wise only came to the club as he has personal connections to Ashley- there can be no football reason why he's here.

Wise only came to bring in youth team players so why was he even interfering in first team matters anyway.

If people can't feel angry at the hiarchy making a complete bollocks of the club they love then I really don't understand why they are football fans  - let alone Newcastle United fans - in the first place.

By the way, where are Wise, Ashley, Lambias  and the rest of them, are they carboard cut outs ?

Spinning against Keegan through friendly media hacks isn't good enough.

A couple of biased comments on the official club website won't do either.

I really hope the new manager is not one of the cronnies as the reaction could be horrendous and I think it would be another short lived appointment.  This whole episode has really disillusioned me more than any of the previous dramas and we've had plenty.  I feel the fans have been given another kicking just when they were regaining hope.  I agree with the sentiments about Ashley and co, especially Llambias.  WTF is he and WTF is he?  Hiding in the shadows still jibing about Keegan.  Step out, get some balls, start rebuilding this sorry mess or do one.

We talk about this emotional attachment to Keegan now but it has been suggested that we have never really let go since he was here the last time and his shadow over the club has been one of the reason of our inability to maintain any decent standards since.

Maybe this latest episode is our "closure" ?

We talk about this emotional attachment to Keegan now but it has been suggested that we have never really let go since he was here the last time and his shadow over the club has been one of the reason of our inability to maintain any decent standards since.

Maybe this latest episode is our "closure" ?

It's certainly not closure for me. Not the way it has all ended.