What's the difference...

Elliottman

between a board that buys Xisco and Gonzolez against a managers wishes and a board that buys Luque and Owen against the managers wishes and

a board that takes our club to the financial brink and a board that pays off all the debts.

Is it soley becuase KK was the manager this time? Im just realy trying to understand the hatred towards Ashley and co.

Im as pissed off as anyone with whats gone on, but im not getting the sheer anger aimed at the bloke compared to some of the positives he has brought too.

Or are we in a position now where we just want a Zillionaire in charge to come and buy any superstart who would think about coming?!

Genius question, i just cant get my head round whats going on at the minute!  :crazy2:

between a board that buys Xisco and Gonzolez against a managers wishes and a board that buys Luque and Owen against the managers wishes and

a board that takes our club to the financial brink and a board that pays off all the debts.

Is it soley becuase KK was the manager this time? Im just realy trying to understand the hatred towards Ashley and co.

Im as pissed off as anyone with whats gone on, but im not getting the sheer anger aimed at the bloke compared to some of the positives he has brought too.

Or are we in a position now where we just want a Zillionaire in charge to come and buy any superstart who would think about coming?!

Genius question, i just cant get my head round whats going on at the minute!  :crazy2:

We've been lied to.

Guest VegasToon

For me, one word: HOPE.  

Keegan brought me hope that we were going in the right direction.  Keegan's now gone and we don't know what direction we are headed.

It's all down to this hatred/mistrust of anything to do with Dennis Wise and/or londoners which is quite frankly baffling.

Say what you want about Wise, but the guy has tremendous contacts in the game, which are definitely beneficial to the club. Why people can't look past the player he was is beyond me.

It's a great point you make regarding Owen and Luque Elliotman.

Guest johnson293

between a board that buys Xisco and Gonzolez against a managers wishes and a board that buys Luque and Owen against the managers wishes

To be fair, Souness did say Owen would be a player he would love to sign, on a Radio phone-in - it may have been a throw away comment at the time, and he probably never imagined we'd be able to get him - but I bet he was delighted when Shepherd actually went out and got him.

A better example would have been Damien Duff, who Glenn Roeder last week confirmed was an agreed deal by Shepherd, that Roeder 'went along with as it was a good deal'??!!

For me, one word: HOPE.  

Keegan brought me hope that we were going in the right direction.  Keegan's now gone and we don't know what direction we are headed.

Yeah, when Shepard brought in managers such as Souness, I was angry but I half expected it. However the direction in which the club seemed to be going under Ashley was one that I was mildly happy with, debt repaid and stability with some good quality low cost players (although overall, the transfer window left a lot to be desired for if we were supposed to be serious contenders for top 7/8).

But all that hope (even though it was mild in general terms compared to other teams, in terms of how soap operaish our club is, it can be considered a massive amount) was shattered last Tuesday and Thursday, and it now has come to light that we've been lied to by the regime. It is one big f*** up, which has overruled for me, the progress made by Ashley and co. , as it has drained my faith of them running the club competantly. 

I too am struggling to understand all this hatred.

Personally, I'm more bothered about backing the team, and getting 3 points.

If we get a good manager and then win something or do well no-one will care about any of this. If this had have happened at the same stage of last year would anyone be complaining as much? Or is it just because it's Keegan?

I too am struggling to understand all this hatred.

Personally, I'm more bothered about backing the team, and getting 3 points.

If we get a good manager and then win something or do well no-one will care about any of this. If this had have happened at the same stage of last year would anyone be complaining as much? Or is it just because it's Keegan?

thats what im starting to think. It soley a KK thing. Not saying thats a bad thing, the bloke is a hero and was treat in a bad way. But if it had of been any other manager, there wouldnt have been such a reaction.

There is no difference. Well done the board on being as thick as Freddy Shepherd.

What use is that if it means nothing gets spent on the team while they recoup the money, that's IF they have payed off the debts and not just transfered it to one of Ashleys holding companys.

There is no difference. Well done the board on being as thick as Freddy Shepherd.

What use is that if it means nothing gets spent on the team while they recoup the money, that's IF they have payed off the debts and not just transfered it to one of Ashleys holding companys.

so you would rather be in a financial wreck of a situation then? If a choice of the two?

Nobody knows if it was a financial wreck. If we didnt spend any money on transfer fees like we are now the debt would of been paid off within 3 years anyway.

Nobody knows if it was a financial wreck. If we didnt spend any money on transfer fees like we are now the debt would of been paid off within 3 years anyway.

Ashley paid off, what £150 mil of debt? I thin kthats a pretty serious situation for starters. & Ok, we havent spent a lot, goes without saying, but we still manage to have, what looks like, the best squad we have had a few years now qouldnt you agree?

More about getting the right players for the right prices. Ie Warnock, we bid for him several times this summer. How much is too much? 3m, 4m, 5m, 10m?

Whilst its fair to say we are being tight fisted, its a logical reaction considering our reputation of spending obscene amounts of money on utter crap, they are trying to get value.

Yes its dissapointing we dont want to jizz 20m away on bringing Robbie Earle out of retirement but we have a club now getting itself into a position that it will be supporting itself fine when the current owner does leave rather than being up s*** creek without a paddle like the mackems, man city etc might be.

I will mention I was pissed off as much as anyone we didnt get a LB or Milner replacement in but if it means paying 3m more for a Warnock when we can use that money on buying another guthrie in January Im all for it.

In all honesty....

The signings we have made appear to be top notch signings, for relatively cheap prices. Obviously we cannot judge too much atm but like so far they have been class, especially spiderman.

If Wise is making these sort of signings, Ashley is saving this money, our debts are wiped ( ? )...do we really have anything to complain about the new regime as of yet?

If Keegan didn't like their plans in a way it's tough shite. We'll have someone who does fit into their plans. No one man is bigger than our club, dare I say it not even Shearer. I know this will spark a lot of debate....I just think that even though I too believe we are far from having everything fine and dandy, we are hardly in a crisis and therefore am most likely not going to be protesting, or at least not as extravagantly as a lot of others will be.

Anyhooo.....

Ashley paid off, what £150 mil of debt? I thin kthats a pretty serious situation for starters. & Ok, we havent spent a lot, goes without saying, but we still manage to have, what looks like, the best squad we have had a few years now qouldnt you agree?

Yes, but everybody else has a better squad than they had a few years ago. We'll still finish in the same place with the squad we have and all the disruption.

Yes, but everybody else has a better squad than they had a few years ago. We'll still finish in the same place with the squad we have and all the disruption.

Just because clubs sign more people doesn't mean they are necessarily better. Robinho might not be the answer for Citeh, Modric might not be the answer for Spuds, etc, etc. Our signings have shown as much promise as any of the others in the PL so far tbh...

It's all down to this hatred/mistrust of anything to do with Dennis Wise and/or londoners which is quite frankly baffling.

Say what you want about Wise, but the guy has tremendous contacts in the game, which are definitely beneficial to the club. Why people can't look past the player he was is beyond me.

It's a great point you make regarding Owen and Luque Elliotman.

And you know this how?

In all honesty....

The signings we have made appear to be top notch signings, for relatively cheap prices. Obviously we cannot judge too much atm but like so far they have been class, especially spiderman.

If Wise is making these sort of signings, Ashley is saving this money, our debts are wiped ( ? )...do we really have anything to complain about the new regime as of yet?

If Keegan didn't like their plans in a way it's tough shite. We'll have someone who does fit into their plans. No one man is bigger than our club, dare I say it not even Shearer. I know this will spark a lot of debate....I just think that even though I too believe we are far from having everything fine and dandy, we are hardly in a crisis and therefore am most likely not going to be protesting, or at least not as extravagantly as a lot of others will be.

Anyhooo.....

What do you mean dare you say it not even Shearer? Shearer will never be as loved as Keegan is.