South Americans in the Prem...

Guest Heneage

I got thinking, theres a fair few these days, Jonas,Colo,Masch, Tevez, Nacho, Vela, Dos Santos,  just to name a few that play games in far off countries in the Americas. Would it not make sense for the Prem clubs to put their heads together and say "Right we all have players here, lets all chip in and charter a jet to get these boys home Asap, so we can get them playing for us.

I got thinking, theres a fair few these days, Jonas,Colo,Masch, Tevez, Nacho, Vela, Dos Santos,  just to name a few that play games in far off countries in the Americas. Would it not make sense for the Prem clubs to put their heads together and say "Right we all have players here, lets all chip in and charter a jet to get these boys home Asap, so we can get them playing for us.

South America is massive, and they are not all playing in the same place.

An example of the players you have named (btw Mexico isn't really South America) Vela and Dos Santos will be playing on Wednesday in Tuxtla Gutiérrez while Jonas, Colo, Mascherano and Tevez will be playing in Lima.

Lima to Tuxtla Gutiérrez is almost 3000 miles. That is further than London to Baghdad.

I believe you'll find I said "The Americas" meaning both :).

Well ok what if clubs bunked up for country, like United Liverpool and Us.

Sorry I miss read the post but the title of the thread is 'South Americans in the Prem....'

It may be an idea but it's a vast and unnecessary expense to be honest when it's not that much of an inconvenience for them to jump in first class on any of the numerous flights to London for a connection to Manchester/Liverpool/Newcastle.

Given the amount of time it would save compared to the vast cost of a private plane then I just can't see it being worth it unless money is no object as in the case of Man City.

Guest Jawesome

Who the fuck is United like?

Must be talking about Leeds.

Who the f*** is United like?

must be one of them “there’s only one united” knobheads!! :iamatwat:

Love it when people get all defensive when people call MUFC "United". :lol:

I bet the majority on here refer to MCFC as simply "City", and don't worry about what Coventry, Leicester, etc. think, and also everyone knows who you refer to.

it's all about context. if someone is talking about man utd and there isnt another united involved then fine. newcastle and man utd are both known as 'United' in their local press and local areas which is fair enough as that's in their own market.

Man City have sent a private jet so their Brazilians can play on Saturday.

indeed..........Manchester City are spending £150,000 on a private plane to bring quartet Robinho, Elano, Jo and Pablo Zabaleta back from international duty in South America in time to face Chelsea on Saturday (The Sun).