Sergei Rebrov launches repulsive racist rant

The College Dropout

Former Spurs forward Sergei Rebrov has issued a despicable racist rant to Tottenham's new striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

When asked, by a Russian journalist, how Pavlyuchenko should adapt to British life, the former Ukraine forward Rebrov said: 'A lot of dark skinned people lived near White Hart Lane so the crime rate was high.'

He also claimed that if Pavlyuchenko didn't want to be a 'robbery victim' he should avoid walking around the area close to the Spurs ground.

Sergei Rebrov

Rebrov, who was widely panned as a flop during his time at Spurs between 2000-2004, made his astonishing claims to Football Weekly magazine.

His comments are sure to provoke widespread criticism, not least from those that live in the north London communities in and around Tottenham.

He said: 'I wouldn't go for a walk on my own around White Hart Lane.

'A lot of dark skinned people live there. So naturally the crime rate is higher than anywhere else.

'It's not nice to be a robbery victim. So I suggest that Roman doesn't walk but drives around that area.'

Pavlyuchenko is expected to join his new club Tottenham on Thursday after playing for the Russian national team in their World Cup qualifier against Wales.

In the same article, ex-Fulham midfielder Alexei Smertin said: 'Of course there are districts where Roman shouldn't go on his own. 

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Roman Pavlyuchenko will join Spurs this week after playing for Russia in their World Cup qualifier against Wales

'The first place that springs to mind is Croydon. It's populated with predominantly low income folks. But I can't see why Roman should find himself there - it's quite far from the Tottenham area.'

Russian newspaper Sovetski Sport sent journalist Andrei Lyalin to check out the Tottenham area.

Lyalin told his readers: 'Seven Sisters tube station is just ten minutes ride from the centre of London. I got out there and it occurred to me that the area looked as English as the Arsenal team.

'Broken windows of sooty brick houses, dirty shops selling cheap fruits and vegetables at every corner, immigrant teenage gangs on bikes.'

He added that he was glad it was daylight when he went to the area, saying: 'Otherwise I would lose in the district much more than the £60 a black marketeer charged me for a ticket behind one of the goals.'

I'm not too sure what to think about that. I mean he does raise a point about it being a shit hole but maybe the colour thing was over the line

Guest kingdawson

Tottenham is a s*** hole tbh (well parts of tottenham like Edmonton). Can't say im that fussed about the comments of a talentless Eastern European anyway.

Guest kingdawson

Tottenham is a s*** hole tbh (well parts of tottenham like Edmonton). Can't say im that fussed about the comments of talentless Eastern European anyway.

ORLY?

?

Tottenham is a s*** hole tbh (well parts of tottenham like Edmonton). Can't say im that fussed about the comments of talentless Eastern European anyway.

ORLY?

?

Just you arnt fussed but went on to have a dig at him anyway :razz:

Tottenham is a s*** hole tbh (well parts of tottenham like Edmonton). Can't say im that fussed about the comments of a talentless Eastern European anyway.

Edmonton isn't in Tottenham, it isn't even in the same borough.

Guest elbee909

Any comment like this:

"A lot of dark skinned people live there. So naturally the crime rate is higher than anywhere else."

Just shows that Rebrov is a complete racist cunt.  I bet the 'dark-skinned' season-ticket holders whom he robbed with his invisible man act while playing for them feel ever-so-slightly aggrieved, and justifiably so.

What has Croydon got to do with Tottenham? it's a completley different part of London, that's if you think Croydon is actually in London.

Did he/they mean Clapton? I spent a few years living just off murder mile at the bottom of Lower Clapton Road, rough as a badgers arse.

That is like saying Gateshead is part of Newcastle! Tottenham is a shit hole, and it is a black area, no problem with that. Then agan there are plenty of white areas in the country that are shit too.

Guest elbee909

That is like saying Gateshead is part of Newcastle! Tottenham is a shit hole, and it is a black area, no problem with that. Then agan there are plenty of white areas in the country that are shit too.

A mate of mine lives near Tottenham.  I guess I'd best phone him up, find out if he's turned black yet.  :doh:

Any comment like this:

"A lot of dark skinned people live there. So naturally the crime rate is higher than anywhere else."

Just shows that Rebrov is a complete racist c***.  I bet the 'dark-skinned' season-ticket holders whom he robbed with his invisible man act while playing for them feel ever-so-slightly aggrieved, and justifiably so.

Maybe he's making the point that black people are often the victims of crime, and it's just your own inherent racism which is making you assume he means they're the perpetrators?

???

Things may get lost a bit intranslation and its not really "PC" but he is only telling it like it is to be fair, it is a crime ridden immigrant filled dump.

Just tell it like it is? Hitler and his friends argued the same way.

idiot tbh

Begs the question, how far can stereotyping go before it is classed as racism? Is he expressing any disliking for "dark skinned people" or just stating his opinion (albeit an ignorant opinion)?

In all honesty I'm usually very reluctant to post comments on racism subjects as things are so easily taken out of context, especially on this forum.