Dead Set

Guest elbee909

Guest elbee909

Quite looking forward to this - trailer here:

http://www.e4.com/deadset/

"Charlie Brooker's next original project will be a six part horror thriller for E4 set in the Big Brother house. The show is due to be broadcast in September 2008 and will be titled "Dead Set".  The show will be produced by Zeppotron, who also produce Screenwipe.

Brooker told MediaGuardian.co.uk he expected it to comprise a "mixture of known and less well known faces". Brooker said of his new series: "Dead Set is very different to anything I've done before, and I hope the end result will surprise, entertain and appal people in equal measure." He added that he has long been a fan of horror films and that his new series "could not be described as a comedy". "I couldn't really describe what it is but it will probably surprise people," Brooker said, adding that he plans to "continue as normal" with his print journalism.

The series has been commissioned by the head of E4, Angela Jain, and the commissioning editor, Shane Allen. Brooker will executive produce the series alongside Zeppotron's managing director, Annabel Jones."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a pretty ballsy thing for Brooker to do. Firstly, it's an out and out horror series which is very rare and secondly if it's gash it could make it much harder for him to do Screenwipe.

Wasn't a problem after Nathan Barley (although I quite liked it!).

It's a pretty ballsy thing for Brooker to do. Firstly, it's an out and out horror series which is very rare and secondly if it's gash it could make it much harder for him to do Screenwipe.

Wasn't a problem after Nathan Barley (although I quite liked it!).

And so it shouldn't have been as it was brilliant. Also he wasn't doing Screenwipe at the same time as Nathan Barley so by the time Screenwipe was on air people had realised the genius of Barley, the DVD had came out and it had sold bucketloads.

I don't think it will flop as the premise sounds very good plus they've got people like Kevin Eldon in the main cast.

• 2 months later...

Great show just watched it on chan 4+1 ,full of tension,humour ,blood and guts and tbh this made most of the american movies look crap.The end looked kind of final obviously but i wonder if the they could change the plot to another location but i guess that it was tongue in cheek sideswipe at the BB concept.