The saddest thing today...

bealios

Is how easily this can be avoided.

I know a couple of people who know Mike Ashley quite well. And whatever people might think, he's not trying to run the club into the ground. But he's trying to run the club in the same way that he ran his sports business', and he's fucked up in a bad way, by thinking that his "managers" behave in the same way that his retail managers behave.

I'm probably by myself on this one, but I thought the direction the club was heading was something I was proud of, until early September. It's one bad decision. All it takes is a re organisation where the "Cockney Mafia" can continue their scouting missions, and find guys like Guiterrez for next to nothing, but give Keegan ultimate sign off on players out. At full time at the Coventry game were we all complaining about little Dennis's signings were we?

Bollocks were we, "The Structure" had given us the best value/quality transfer window we have had for a while, and if Keegan had stayed, and signed 1 full back and 1 attacking midfielder more than we have now, this window would have been considered an absolute success.

So what I fail to see, is why the board cant see, that an easy solution to this fucking mess, is to keep the Wise scouting team, bring Keegan back, and give him control of the transfer budget for 2 years. We all laughed at the £12m Chronicle reported budget........ [need to finish this rant later...]

I can see what you're saying, but people needed to let off steam today, we all knew it was going to happen, as it was there was no real trouble, it was all quite predictable.

I can't see KK coming back though, mind you, Newcastle United, normal things don't happen.

I know a couple of people who know Mike Ashley quite well. And whatever people might think, he's not trying to run the club into the ground. But he's trying to run the club in the same way that he ran his sports business', and he's f***ed up in a bad way, by thinking that his "managers" behave in the same way that his retail managers behave.

I'm probably by myself on this one, but I thought the direction the club was heading was something I was proud of, until early September. It's one bad decision. All it takes is a re organisation where the "Cockney Mafia" can continue their scouting missions, and find guys like Guiterrez for next to nothing, but give Keegan ultimate sign off on players out. At full time at the Coventry game were we all complaining about little Dennis's signings were we?

Bollocks were we, "The Structure" had given us the best value/quality transfer window we have had for a while, and if Keegan had stayed, and signed 1 full back and 1 attacking midfielder more than we have now, this window would have been considered an absolute success.

So what I fail to see, is why the board cant see, that an easy solution to this f***ing mess, is to keep the Wise scouting team, bring Keegan back, and give him control of the transfer budget for 2 years. We all laughed at the £12m Chronicle reported budget........ [need to finish this rant later...]

I'll be honest, I blame Keegan as much as Ashley, hes been very pig headed and needs to realise hes been out of the game too long to do it alone he has to work with the scouts. IF he cant then im sorry but theres the door.

Nice level headed post.  The fact that there are only (now) three replies shows that other people need to take notice and snap out of their over extended knee jerk reaction.

I really don't think that Ashley is the bad guy in this situation.  He's just trying his best to run a football club in a slightly different way.  I to feel this could really work if everyone's job duties are clearly defined and possibly restructured a bit.

Nice level headed post.  The fact that there are only (now) three replies shows that other people need to take notice and snap out of their over extended knee jerk reaction.

It's also ten past 4, only right saddos are awake...oh, wait...

Guest sittingontheball

The whole thing may seem like childishness on both sides, but the longer it goes on, the more genuine damage caused.

We have to get someone in quick, preferably this week. Fixture wise the new manager would ideally have a crack at Blackburn home, before a couple of hard games and the SMBs.

I think the only real way Ashley can save face and carry on is to actually admit to the fans that he got it wrong regarding the structure and that he was ill advised, get rid of Wise (to appease the fans) and get either Keegan back or a recognised quality Manager in, not a 'yes man' Give them a Transfer and wage budget and let them manage. If he still wants a DOF get one to work with the manager not over him

not exactly an absolute success when we let Faye (our best CB last season) go for next to nothing a fail to get a replacement in. Not to mention the ridiculous lack of quality in the midfield.

A LB and a CM and I would have been marginally content with the window. But that's only because of low expectations

It's also ten past 4, only right saddos are awake...oh, wait...

I live in Florida, sorry mate.

Guest Singapore Mag

Good post.

Yesterday's loss couldn't send a clearer signal to them.. they've made a big mistake, they just need to admit it.. and now is the time..

The LMA statement about friday's meeting didn't say talks were dead, just not a satisfactory conclusion.. yet...?

Its also great to see all demo's yesterday went peacefully.

Guest afternoonfix

I know a couple of people who know Mike Ashley quite well. And whatever people might think, he's not trying to run the club into the ground. But he's trying to run the club in the same way that he ran his sports business', and he's f***ed up in a bad way, by thinking that his "managers" behave in the same way that his retail managers behave.

So what I fail to see, is why the board cant see, that an easy solution to this f***ing mess, is to keep the Wise scouting team, bring Keegan back, and give him control of the transfer budget for 2 years. We all laughed at the £12m Chronicle reported budget........ [need to finish this rant later...]

nice one

At full time at the Coventry game were we all complaining about little Dennis's signings were we?

Your right we should realised the team was not as good as we/some of us thought after it took us 120 mins to beat Coventry with what looked to me a better starting 11 than the 11 that started yesterday.

Best value/quality? The season (transfer window not in place) King Klueless  who after saving the club from going down after being out of the game for years (This was not last season) randomly stumbled on Bracewell, Beresford, Venison,  Lee, Sellars & Cole, must be up there. Didn't some think last summer was the best window in long time? If we keep improving like every transfer window we could finish 10th.

Guest shagthefluff

completely agree. i think the some of the fans are as bad as ashley. some of the shit that gets written on the net, at the ground on banners shows some plain stupid inward thinking, i was not at the hull game as i go halfs on my season ticket but the guy i shared with said the atmosphere was an anticlimax?whos fault is that. im afriad the geordie boot boys song has NEVER been more out oif place than it is now. the facts of the matter are that no-one knows the details as to whats go on although its clear everyone on the board must take some blame but ashley has cleared our debt. also ashley is not going to go round slshing stupid cash like city and chelsea-two clubs that interestingly have been descirbed as 'dead' due to the way they are noe run-as in fantasy football.

The hierarchy need to take control of the situation.  They need to stop hiding and show some leadership.  Everyone has contributed to this mess - the board, Keegan and the fans.  Continuing to drift like a rudderless ship as we are now is just going to make it worse.

I f he was that concerned he had got it wrong then he would change it now, put KK back in give him full  rule over the 1st team and 1 st transfers, then set about putting football people in charge, and not some ex player who has never done that type job before.

The biggest mistake Ashley made was thinking Keegan could work within his system.  Although reading some peoples posts you'd think that was all part of his plan and he only did it knowing that it would piss Keegan off.

The biggest mistake Ashley made was thinking Keegan could work within his system.  Although reading some peoples posts you'd think that was all part of his plan and he only did it knowing that it would piss Keegan off.

Still think its more about the staff than the structure. For all we know, Wise really might an annoying, devious, scheming little toerag. There tends to be at least in one in every work place who does things deliberately to shit on his work colleagues. Might not be Wise, might be any one else. Might be Keegan.

I think I have given up trying to work it all out

Still think its more about the staff than the structure. For all we know, Wise really might an annoying, devious, scheming little toerag. There tends to be at least in one in every work place who does things deliberately to shit on his work colleagues. Might not be Wise, might be any one else. Might be Keegan.

I think I have given up trying to work it all out

Yeah we simply don't know the truth and probably never will, but knowing Keegan as we do then I don't think the current structure could have worked regardless of who the other people involved were.

Whether you think the actual structure itself is flawed is another argument.

Wise's signings?, the blokes got no idea where to find players.  Vetere will have found all of them..

How could Keegan have stayed and signed a fullback and attacking midfielder when he left after the transfer window closed?

Robster wrote:

For all we know, Wise really might an annoying, devious, scheming little toerag.
What do you mean by 'might'?

What actions has Wise made that would give you such optimism?

He has always struck me as a nasty devious little shit, I really can't think how anyone could have a different opinion of him.

PS Imagine Wise having to 'have a word' with Barton about his behaviour with his track record?