Why will we find it hard to find a buyer?

Dave

I've read this a few times tonight, and I don't quite understand.

We've a world-class stadium and facilities that need no work, a squad that whilst not great, easily has enough quality to hang on to its Premier League status, an open seat for the buyer to bring in whichever manager he wants from the start, minimal levels of debt (apparently), a largely unhappy fanbase looking to welcome anyone new, and most importantly an owner that has told the world he wants out.

What exactly is unattractive about the club right now for a prospective buyer? I would have thought the weekend's events will have anyone with the money turning their heads.

We'll get a buyer if Ashley wants to sell the club becuase he wanted to support the team but no longer feels safe doing so.  If he bought the club as an investment then the asking price might put a few off.

The price Ashley wants for it?

He's admitted he wants out. How does that lend itself to him giving the club an unreasonable valuation?

He said it wont be a quick sale and that the club is in a stronger position now more than before.

He has also spent alot on our debt. He will want what he has spent plus more back. We are looking at 400 million

There's clearly still a lot of debt and Ashley is going to want the amount of money he paid out of his pocket going back into his pocket.  That's not an attractive option to a buyer unless they have so much money that the odd hundred million is neither here nor there.

The other issue, which is ossibly more important, is that big investors generally want to buy into stable, growing companies. Ashley tried to solve the club's problems by tackling its debt and running it as stable concern but KK and the fans want the big money buys.

It is going to take someone with quite a bit of personnel wealth & with the global crunch every million counts. Going against the global crunch are the oil barons in the Middle East, the oligarchs in Russia & the rich in India which as the country is booming atm.

We've a world-class stadium and facilities that need no work, a squad that whilst not great, easily has enough quality to hang on to its Premier League status, an open seat for the buyer to bring in whichever manager he wants from the start, minimal levels of debt (apparently), a largely unhappy fanbase looking to welcome anyone new, and most importantly an owner that has told the world he wants out.

What exactly is unattractive about the club right now for a prospective buyer? I would have thought the weekend's events will have anyone with the money turning their heads.

they get you as well  :boomboom:

- The intense pressure of the job and the fact your in the line of fire, where your more likely to get a fair go at another club.

- The huge expectations of the fans

- The sheer cost of investing in a football club and the fact the fans will expect you to invest heavily in this club

- No real money to be made in the short term and long term that will be depenedent on success

The only sort of person in there right mind who'd buy the club would be someone with insanely deep pockets who can afford to lose probobly about half a billion in the next 10 years.

Fear that one wrong move and the fans will turn on you?

Fair comment. Might put any prospective buyer off re-appointing Keegan too.

Was a great idea to get the fans on his side but that one certainly bit him on the arse! :D

Guest Magpie007

good point the Indian fella was put off tho ue to current happens if whats in the paperscan be trusted - it's Who buys the club that worries me .

We won't struggle in my opinion.

We now just have to decide if we believe this statement, or whether it's just a stunt to get the crowd off his back and make people feel sorry for him (which seems to have worked in some quarters).

Exactly

His statement reminds me of some bloke on death row saying he's sorry about all the murders he's committed as he's on the way to the electric chair

living down south, ive absolutely hated chelsea and the fact they have so many glory hunting fans down here since abromavich came. doesnt help that all their players are utter wankers but hey. for that reason, im a little disappointed that it seems one of his type will inevitably take us over, as i dont want us to become one of those plastic clubs. i thought ashley would be a perfect owner, and with the exception of the wise fiasco he has been almost that, for me anyway.

3 weeks ago that bloke who bought Man City might have took the club off Ashley :(

The Indian gadgie is worth just as much.

He is not. The Abu Dhabi Royal family are worth about $1 trillion, he would also have access to the countries/cities wealth if needed for one more signing.