Two "Big Money" Consortia to approach NUFC

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Anyone who has any vague feeling that Shepherd coming back would be anything less than a disaster needs to understand the mess he left us in.

Please have a look at http://www.football-finances.org.uk/newcastle/2007/index.htm

If Ashley had not bought us we'd now have gone bust, we'd have had a relegation inducing points penalty. Shepherd did all that.

Left huge wage bill, left huge, and increasing debt, him and his pal Douglas left with £34m of the clubs money from their time in charge. This does NOT include any money Ashley paid them for his shares.

Walker Mafia (keep) Out

What I can remember of Fat Fred is that he was Chairman, Souness was Manager, and Shearer was captain when Bellamy was sold. We bought Boumsong and Luque in that period and Fred's son Ken Shepherd was involved in contract negotiations. The Shepherds home was subsequently raided by police I believe.

I can see Freddy Shepherd coming back as Chairman tbh. If these consortiums have approached him about taking over the club they obviously want him part of it and not in the financial way. If anyone, Freddy Shepherd has the most experience for the job of Chairman as long as he keeps his nose out of transfers, a think he's learnt from his mistakes.

it wouldn't bother me if he did providing he had the backing and didn't lead us into an unsustainable style of running the club and didn't appoint s*** managers time after time.

In other words, it bothers you.

no. i just wouldn't want him making the same mistakes as last time.

Yeah, like I said: In other words it bothers you.

it bothers me if he comes back in as before. if he is leading a mega package and doesn't make decisions concerning managers,keeps his gob shut then i'm cool with it.

I'm sure some people have previously suggested that Shepherd was less than straight in certain transfer & financial matters during his tenure here.

I've not - so far - heard too many similar "suggestions" about Mike Ashley. The worst that's been said about him is that he's been tight-fisted, two-faced, naiive or deluded...

...haven't once heard anyone suggesting his transfer dealings have been "suspect".

Guest northwestmag1892

rather have the mongs incharge

"Mongs"... Given that you use vocab like this then I despair with this club as you idiots use this vocabulary and you feel it is appropriate and is not a reason as to why the world ridicules the club. Grow up you fucking idiots...

I can see Freddy Shepherd coming back as Chairman tbh. If these consortiums have approached him about taking over the club they obviously want him part of it and not in the financial way. If anyone, Freddy Shepherd has the most experience for the job of Chairman as long as he keeps his nose out of transfers, a think he's learnt from his mistakes.

it wouldn't bother me if he did providing he had the backing and didn't lead us into an unsustainable style of running the club and didn't appoint s*** managers time after time.

it bothers me if he comes back in as before. if he is leading a mega package and doesn't make decisions concerning managers,keeps his gob shut then i'm cool with it.

That's never ever ever going to happen though, is it!?!

If you're expecting him to keep his gob shut, he's hardly made a good start, has he! He's let it slip that two consortia have approached him, it's a pretty safe bet those were supposed to be private conversations, I'd have thought.

If you're suggesting he should or would be a figurehead, well what's the point in that?

I'm sure some people have previously suggested that Shepherd was less than straight in certain transfer & financial matters during his tenure here.

I've not - so far - heard too many similar "suggestions" about Mike Ashley. The worst that's been said about him is that he's been tight-fisted, two-faced, naiive or deluded...

...haven't once heard anyone suggesting his transfer dealings have been "suspect".

If you're expecting him to keep his gob shut, he's hardly made a good start, has he! He's let it slip that two consortia have approached him, it's a pretty safe bet those were supposed to be private conversations, I'd have thought.

If you're suggesting he should or would be a figurehead, well what's the point in that?

he hasn't got the finance to do it on his own, i reckon he could come back as a figurehead. the NUFC way is to get a consortium of locals who'll buy out ashley,install shepherd and in 2 years we'll be where we were circa january 2007.

yes indi. i'm bothered

FFS said 'they are big money players that can get NUFC back to the top'

So why do they want freddie then?

Because they obviously can't run the club by themselves with no footballing experience.

Although he's a fucking clueless idiot, Shepherd has experience of running a football club.

To be honest a sackable Shepherd wouldn't be bad, he's got the connections and experience in the game, this time around too many mistakes and he's sacked, that could make all the difference.

Who here honestly thinks this stuff about Shepherd coming back has any legs?  :thdn:

Well I never thought Keegan would return in January but as this club has shown us many times...anything is possible.

probable where NUFC are concerned.

he hasn't got the finance to do it on his own, i reckon he could come back as a figurehead. the NUFC way is to get a consortium of locals who'll buy out ashley,install shepherd and in 2 years we'll be where we were circa january 2007.

yes indi. i'm bothered

Thought so. ;)

"Mongs"... Given that you use vocab like this then I despair with this club as you idiots use this vocabulary and you feel it is appropriate and is not a reason as to why the world ridicules the club. Grow up you f***ing idiots...

Yes! Exactly.

Anyone who wants Shepherd back, even in a figurehead capacity, wants to remember who royally shafted us and made us a total laughing stock in the first place.

Guest sombrero

its amazing how views can change completely regarding sheperd before he left and now! i still cant form an opinion on his possible return?  :undecided:

"Mongs"... Given that you use vocab like this then I despair with this club as you idiots use this vocabulary and you feel it is appropriate and is not a reason as to why the world ridicules the club. Grow up you f***ing idiots...

Yes! Exactly.

Anyone who wants Shepherd back, even in a figurehead capacity, wants to remember who royally shafted us and made us a total laughing stock in the first place.

want is too strong a term but if he came back with say...........£700million worth of backing ?

My opinion on Shepherd hasn't changed at all, has anyone elses changed really?  The only reason I wouldn't go mental is the fact that he'd be an employee this time, not an owner.  Too many stupid decisions and he'd be gone whether he liked it or not.

Yes! Exactly.

want is too strong a term but if he came back with say...........£700million worth of backing ?

If you had £700 million would ask Shepherd to do that?

Yes! Exactly.

i would actually.just to take the piss.

Amazing how short some people's memories are. We're still paying the price for Shepherd's crass ineptitude but people want him back because he's "local".

:jesuswept:

It's astonishing how many goldfish post on here.

Yes! Exactly.

Out of who?

Yes! Exactly.

Out of who?

everyone that would cry like 4year olds if shepherd came back