Shepherd Legacy

macbeth

What Shepherd left was a club that was losing over £30m a year, had debts of £70m, had no assets they could borrow more money against, and had a set of players on long, lucrative contracts.

Ashley could pay off  the debt but the £30m annual losses with over paid players would have taken longer to sort out.

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/newcastle/2007/index.htm

Under no circumstances can Shepherd be allowed anywhere near the club. The Hall and Shepherd families took out £34m out of our club in 11 years, before Ashley then bought their shares off them. Shepherd was a leech, who tried to take the club into administration while bleeding the club of cash.

Guest optimistic nit

listen ?.......................you hear that ? it was like the lid opening on a coffin........................

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i think i've just cracked 4 ribs and done my hernia. :lol: :lol: :lol:

listen ?.......................you hear that ? it was like the lid opening on a coffin........................

:lol: :lol: :lol: i think i've just cracked 4 ribs and done my hernia. :lol: :lol: :lol:

should have used crypt instead of coffin.

Guest optimistic nit

mackems.gif

Will anyone answer him or do we let him argue with himself?

mackems.gif

draw up a roster and work in shifts.

i'll start ;) !!!

what i don't understand about NE5's defence of the previous regime (rather than owner) was how anyone thinks that debt was ever getting paid back

we all applaud the ambition but it seems to me that ambition overtook the reality at some stage and lets face it for the 70m-110m, depending who you believe, it's not like we were the finished article is it?  it'd have taken another 50m+ to get us anywhere near the CL places....which is where the extra cash is

so how the fuck would that have ever succeeded...is the bit i don't understand

i've just made things worse haven't i?!  :lol:

mackems.gif

draw up a roster and work in shifts.

:lol: i'm in

i'll do the graveyard shift

:doh: