So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

I would much prefer an American owner like Lerner rather than these mid east people.

Bill Gates would be awesome. At least he's someone who we all know.

These random names out of Dubai etc all fill me with uncertainty.

How much did you know about Lerner before he bought Villa?

He owns the Cleveland Browns, just as the Glazers own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I follow a lot of American sports, as I went to school over there for a number of years, so I knew of them already.

Americans just have such a strong sporting culture that I am a lot more comfortable with them.

I would much prefer an American owner like Lerner rather than these mid east people.

I follow a lot of American sports, as I went to school over there for a number of years, so I knew of them already.

Americans just have such a strong sporting culture that I am a lot more comfortable with them.

So what sports did Bill Gates play at college? Which "franchises" is he involved with these days?

Ant and Dec

Having successfully presented ITV's recent Soccer Aid programme the pair have football credentials and as local boys made good would find favour with the Newcastle fans desperate to restore some civic pride.

A successful career in broadcasting from a tender age has earned the duo a bob or two and their celebrity could prove decisive in adding glamour and entertainment to the club again.

May want to recoup some of their investment through taking control of the ticket booking telephone lines and have experience of making something similar pay.

Zany.

So what sports did Bill Gates play at college? Which "franchises" is he involved with these days?

It's a cultural thing. I think your missing the point.

He was the punching bag i'd expect

I still think it'll be Ambani fwiw.

If we are going to get another member of the global plutocracy who wants to play our national game of Premiershipopoly, it'll probably be him.

I'm worried we don't find a buyer at all, and are stuck with a disenchanted Ashley.

There will always be a buyer for a Premier League club at the right price.

It just depends on what price Ashley is prepared to go to

I just hope that whoever buys the club doesn't bring Keegan back.

If it is some big money playa with phat pockets then go for someone better and more stable please.

We need to get over this whole Geordie Messiah thing.

I still think it'll be Ambani fwiw.

If we are going to get another member of the global plutocracy who wants to play our national game of Premiershipopoly, it'll probably be him.

I'm worried we don't find a buyer at all, and are stuck with a disenchanted Ashley.

For as long as Ashley stays though the minimum we'll do is tread water, as he won't risk us going down and the value of his investment being halved.

I just hope that whoever buys the club doesn't bring Keegan back.

If it is some big money playa with phat pockets then go for someone better and more stable please.

We need to get over this whole Geordie Messiah thing.

I agree with that sentiment but i wouldn't complain if KK came back and the club gave him mega bucks.

British tabloid the Sun believe Microsoft are looking at taking over the troubled north-east club. Bill Gates, worth a reported $90billion/ £45million, was rumoured to be interested in placing a bid for the club during the transfer window in August.

Wow the dollar really has fallen a long way :lol:

Well if this did happen at least we could be confident of money being spent! :)  Not that it will happen, its obviously a ludicrous story.

It's actually worse than that they say:

British tabloid the Sun believe Microsoft are looking at taking over the troubled north-east club. Bill Gates, worth a reported $90million (£45million), was rumoured to be interested in placing a bid for the club during the transfer window in August.

So apparently the worlds 3rd richest person is worth only £10m more than City paid for Robinho!

:lol:

British tabloid the Sun believe Microsoft are looking at taking over the troubled north-east club. Bill Gates, worth a reported $90billion/ £45million, was rumoured to be interested in placing a bid for the club during the transfer window in August.

Well if this did happen at least we could be confident of money being spent! :)  Not that it will happen, its obviously a ludicrous story.

British tabloid the Sun believe Microsoft are looking at taking over the troubled north-east club. Bill Gates, worth a reported $90million (£45million), was rumoured to be interested in placing a bid for the club during the transfer window in August.

So apparently the worlds 3rd richest person is worth only £10m more than City paid for Robinho!

Yeah that's what I meant, the dollars gotten so bad that its now only worth 0.05 pence :lol:

Yeah that's what I meant, the dollars gotten so bad that its now only worth 0.05 pence :lol:

But it doesn't even say "$90billion" in the article, it says "$90million", it's even worse than you said. ;)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

$90 bill = more like £50 bill atm, the pounds got a lot weaker vs the dollar. That could change again with Fannie Mae getting fucked though.