Save Newcastle United

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon
Strategy

Starting the Movement.

We are currently at the beginning of this stage.  There are three main objective during this phase.

1. Spread the vision of fan ownership at Newcastle United to as many fans as possible.

2. Develop a charter for a supporter owned company that would buy out Newcastle United.

3. Build a team of qualified people to lead this project through the next stages.

Growing the movement.

During this stage we hope to accomplish three things.

1. Find a public figurehead for the movement.  (Alan Shearer & Kevin Keegan we hope)

2. Register at least 50,000 supporters.

3. Take steps necessary to legally register the new company.

Company Formation.

The company would be formed and temporary board members would be elected.  The new board would be responsible for coordinating and lining up the necessary people and paperwork to start the club buyout.  We would also plan for a massive PR campaign at this time.

Club Buyout.

At this point 3 million share would be sold for £100 each.  With no individual being allowed to purchase more than 1% of the shares.  All funds used to purchase share would be held by a third party financial institution.  Upon successful fund raising and an agreement with the current ownership these funds would be released to purchase the club.

If we are able to sell all 3 million share will have raised £300 million to purchase the club.  This is considerably more than Mike Ashley's estimated investment of around £230 million.  With these funds and the fans supporting our buyout we should be able to outbid any other interested parties.  Hopefully we will have considerable funds for club improvements left after the negotiations.

Transition to Fan Ownership

During this stage the temporary board will be replaced with a shareholder elected board.  The oversight committee would also be formed at this time.  And most excitingly we will have a supporter elected chairman.

Also over the first several years of supporter ownership and additional 2 millions shares will be sold for an elevated price to raise fund for club and squad improvements.  This funding should help us match the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City.  From this foundations we will hopefully be able to book regular trips to the champions league and challenge for the league title.

Guest optimistic nit

this isn't going to work, but if your committed to it HTT, i would say the best way to get people involved at the start and to make a name for it would be to go down to SJP on wednesday, and then on the next 3-4 matchdays and try and get money that way, as long as you can guarentee people will get their money back when this fails. also your never going to reach you required amount if the minimum donation is £100.

Guest Howaythetoon

this isn't going to work, but if your committed to it HTT, i would say the best way to get people involved at the start and to make a name for it would be to go down to SJP on wednesday, and then on the next 3-4 matchdays and try and get money that way, as long as you can guarentee people will get their money back when this fails. also your never going to reach you required amount if the minimum donation is £100.

Not my idea mate, just found it in another thread. I do support it though and I'll be interested in seeing how things develop.

Guest Howaythetoon

oh dear god no. Apart from the fact that it'll never work, I couldn't think of worse owners of a football club than the fans, we are way too emotionally attached to make any rational decsions.

Read the fucking thing man  before the cliched it will never work, fans too emotional bollocks. If those who formed the club back in the 1800s had your attitude....

Some fan has took the time and effort to put up some ideas without forcing it on people or by waging protests and it appears you haven't even looked at the thing properly.

Guest optimistic nit

Who could we blame if the fans are in charge?

Fans v Fans = Civil War

GEORDIE MAFIA OUT !!

:lol:

i honestly dont care anymore. it doesn't have my support, but good luck to them, if they think they can raise the money then good on them. they wont though, if they're trying to get £100 per share, well they wouldn't anyway, but anyone tempted to buy will surely be put off by that price tag.

what could work is if a fans group approach ashley, offering a comprimise, offering to buy 1/10 of his stake in the club for say, £10-£15million. Ashley stays, fans get an input, although i cant even see them raising that amount. i'd even chip in for that as long as i could put in maybe £30. of course ashley is the devil in human form, and we wont negotiate with him.

Also over the first several years of supporter ownership and additional 2 millions shares will be sold for an elevated price to raise fund for club and squad improvements.  This funding should help us match the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City.  From this foundations we will hopefully be able to book regular trips to the champions league and challenge for the league title.

Will someone care to explain, how?

Guest optimistic nit

:lol: that paragraph.

Also over the first several years of supporter ownership and additional 2 millions shares will be sold for an elevated price to raise fund for club and squad improvements. This funding should help us match the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City. From this foundations we will hopefully be able to book regular trips to the champions league and challenge for the league title.

So basically, it's a fan ownership until they run out of money and the rest of the shares are sold to billionaires who can dig us out of the financial clout? :lol: