In the calendar year...

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Guest Gallowgate Mag

we're officially the worst team still in the premiership with a mere 21 points since new year, according to Sky Sports.

Well done lads  :doh:

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Bring back KK.

TBH I think it confirms to everyone which league we'd be plying our trade in had we not brought back KK. Even if he doesn't come back, he saved our arses again.

Bring back KK.

TBH I think it confirms to everyone which league we'd be plying our trade in had we not brought back KK. Even if he doesn't come back, he saved our arses again.

Did Keegan really make such a massive impact? By pulling in 21 points since new year, yes we stayed up, but it's hardly the most glowing endorsement of his tenure that every other manager bar those that went down managed to get more.

Guest optimistic nit

Aye but don't worry, we've added two first team players (and sold two) so we'll finish top 8.

i thought we signed 6 players in the window?

Aye but don't worry, we've added two first team players (and sold two) so we'll finish top 8.

Five. 3 of them are backups. Well Guthrie isn't but should be.

Guest optimistic nit

well i dont think Guthrie is any worse than milner, who i assume was one of your 2 first team players that left.

and also, while bassong and xisco will probably be backups this season, how do you know what nacho's role will be?

well i dont think Guthrie is any worse than milner, who i assume was one of your 2 first team players that left.

Fair point.

Bring back KK.

Eh?

You do realise that KK was employed only 2 weeks into January?

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Bring back KK.

Eh?

Would we have beaten Spurs, Sunderland, Fulham, Bolton and Reading with Allardyce in charge? Or got points away at Birmingham and Man United?

I doubt it.

If KK got 21, I reckon Allardyce would have struggled to get 10.

Bring back KK.

Eh?

Would we have beaten Spurs, Sunderland, Fulham, Bolton and Reading with Allardyce in charge? Or got points away at Birmingham and Man United?

I doubt it.

And you'd be wrong.

We'd have got a similar amount of points with Allardyce, but the football would've been far less attractive.

I doubt it.

To be fair, we beat Fulham & Bolton away under Allardyce, beat Spurs & Everton pretty comfortably at home, and beat Birmingham. As Shearmagic points out, I think we'd just about have nabbed those points from somewhere, just wouldn't have been pretty.

I know its no real excuse and others will have had similar.

But we have played Man Utd and Arsenal away twice, Chelsea at home and Liverpool away.

Outside of the top four we have also played Everton and Villa away.

From the bottom three last season we played Reading and Birmingham away.

I dare say that we have had a slightly harder run if fixtures than most teams at the bottom of the form league

club in turmoil,  players not good enough, poor points return, I can see the dreaded 'R' word coming over the horizon.

I know, if only the club had been allowed to get on with Keegan's departure and appoint someone to carry on the progress we'd been making, instead we're stuck between 'Rock' and 'Hard Place'

Bring back KK.

Eh?

I doubt it.

Keegans god like reputation with some people really does warp their thinking.