Mike Ashley lookalike attacked by Toon fans

Aphrodite

A MAN who is the spitting image of Mike Ashley was attacked in a pub after being mistaken for the hated Newcastle United owner.

Season-ticket holder Alan McKenna was enjoying a quiet drink with his cousins when another reveller swung for him - believing he was Mike Ashley.

The married father-of-two, a restaurateur from Low Fell, said: "As soon as I walked through the door of Chicago Rock Cafe in Chester-le-Street, I was approached by two guys.

"One of them said 'are you the owner of Newcastle United'?

"I knew there was going to be trouble because they seemed drunk and aggressive. They weren't joking about it.

"I just laughed, trying to make light of the situation, and said 'no'.

"But one of them said: "You f***ing liar," and went to throw a punch at me.

"He didn't manage to hit me because a couple of the lads I was with wrestled him away.

"I was shocked, I couldn't believe that someone would do that. But now it keeps happening."

Just a week later, at Saturday's home game against Hull, Mr McKenna was accosted in the toilets at St James' Park by another unhappy fan.

"I went to the toilets and while I was in there a guy came up to me and said 'how did you get in here you sneaky fat bastard'?"

Alan was shocked at the comment. He said: "I can't believe he called me that, I'm not even that fat."

The resemblance between the two men is striking.

Alan explained: "I met Mike Ashley in a lift at St James' Park last season. I said to him 'I know what you are thinking Mike, I think you are handsome as well'.

"We had a bit of a laugh and I met him again a couple of weeks later at the Fulham game.

"He was in a box and recognised the lad I was with in the lift. He went over and asked 'where is your cheeky friend'?

"I was downstairs in the Bamburgh Suite. My restaurant, McKenna’s at the Northern Stage in Newcastle, had sponsored that game and Mike came down to chat to us.

"He stayed for about an hour-and-a-half, talking and having pictures taken.

"Mike was winding some girls up, saying that I was his brother. We had a laugh - he is a nice bloke and he has got a good sense of humour.

"Even his PR team had their pictures taken with me because they couldn't believe how much I looked like him.

"I have been mistaken for Mike Ashley quite a lot even though I don't think we are that similar.

"When he was popular, people would often come and pat me on the back if I was walking through Newcastle, telling me what a great job I was doing.

"But now the abuse has really started."

He added: "I think I'm going to have to get a Newcastle shirt with 'I'm not Mike' on the back.

"I never used to mind looking like Mike Ashley - but after all this abuse, I've changed my mind."

:doh: Mongs.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Where is the link.. .surely they got a photo of him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00978/ashley0915pa_978341c.jpg

Omgzzzzzz that looks just like him!

From the Mail on Sunday

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/16/article-0-02AC4BD800000578-174_468x335.jpg

s*** me lol.

Still shows how mongtastic our fans are. This club and fans are idiotic at the best of times.

Before and waaaay before

From the Mail on Sunday

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/16/article-0-02AC4BD800000578-174_468x335.jpg

s*** me lol.

Still shows how mongtastic our fans are. This club and fans are idiotic at the best of times.

Before and waaaay before

Well if he's going to stand like him with the same watch on etc... :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

From the Mail on Sunday

s*** me lol.

Before and waaaay before

he's even wearing the same clothes ffs.

Guest Darth Toon

i thought ashley had no reason to fear assault, and he was being stupid?

To be fair, at the Chicago Rock Cafe in Chester-le-Street on a Saturday night, no-one is safe from assault!

Guest Gallowgate Mag

From the Mail on Sunday

s*** me lol.

Before and waaaay before

TBF They'll have made him dress like that for the photo :lol:  I very much doubt he went to the pub like that.

"I went to the toilets and while I was in there a guy came up to me and said 'how did you get in here you sneaky fat bastard'?"

Alan was shocked at the comment. He said: "I can't believe he called me that, I'm not even that fat."

:)

From the Mail on Sunday

s*** me lol.

Before and waaaay before

TBF They'll have made him dress like that for the photo :lol:  I very much doubt he went to the pub like that.

Apart from the watch he looks nowt like him.

In denial as well. I'm not a fat bastard? Then why is your XXXL toon look like its painted on?

From the Mail on Sunday

s*** me lol.

Before and waaaay before

I'm amazed anybody believes this tripe.

'But now it keeps happening', that'll be twice then.

'I was downstairs in the Bamburgh Suite. My restaurant, McKenna’s at the Northern Stage in Newcastle, had sponsored that game and Mike came down to chat to us' name-dropping and a free advert.