Chelsea fla...sorry scarves!!!!

Magpie

'And with the arrival of a Brazilian manager, Chelsea are hoping fans will employ the Latin-style twirling motion when they swing the scarves above their heads during the game, unlike the stretch-above-your-head effect some other teams use.'

They'll be handing out an instruction manual next!!!!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1393663,00.html

Not really the point though is it?  This season is supposed to be the season of respect for refs and all that yet the chelsea players surrounded Halsey while Terry argued as well.  Players are supposed to leave the field immediately.

If it had been Joey barton who did that "tackle" do you think he would have been let off?  Absolutely not - not that any of that is relevent of course!

Guest johnson293

Even more unbelievable is the next news story down on their site.

The red card for John Terry's rugby tackle at the weekend has been withdrawn and he no longer faces a three match ban!!

Was never a red car to be fair.

Under the laws of the 'professional foul', carvalho a few yards away, was level and heading across as the foul was commited, so Terry wasn't the last man.... but in reality, you can't tell me Terry knew that Carvalho was there, but he certainly knew what he was doing when he dragged the player down as he was goin past him having been wrong footed.

If it had been Joey barton who did that "tackle" do you think he would have been let off?  Absolutely not - not that any of that is relevent of course!

I thought the same thing about Guthrie's challenge, and deserved red card.

While he has been rightly criticised for it, can you imagine what the reaction would have been ahd it been Barton? Even just for the challenge, let alone the resulting fractured leg!

Pretty sure I read somewhere that cards couldn't be downgraded, so the only way for Terry not to get ban is for the FA to rule that he didn't deserve a yellow card?

How the f*** was that not a yellow card?

I thought it was only 2nd yellows that couldn't be appealed against.

The red card for John Terry's rugby tackle at the weekend has been withdrawn and he no longer faces a three match ban!!

Yes it was, it's John Terry, he's a cunt

I disagree. Since when has a full and deliberate rugby tackle on someone running past you an into a good position not a red card, regardless of covering defenders? It was the cynical nature of the challange that makes it a red for me.

I disagree. Since when has a full and deliberate rugby tackle on someone running past you an into a good position not a red card, regardless of covering defenders? It was the cynical nature of the challange that makes it a red for me.

Well, cynical it is, but the law dictates its still a yellow as he wasn't last man.

Should be a red, isn't. Recinded as it should well be.

Absolutely. The text book "Professional foul"

100% correct Mowen. Its bloody football not Rugby!! It really was a professional foul. Its ok for players to rugby tackle then from now on and they will only get a yellow.

He lunged in at the guy in an attempt to stop him from breaking free - yellow.

He tackled the guy to stop him from breaking free - yellow.

He was effectively the last guy (Carvalho wasn't close enough) - straight red.

I don't see how it ever got rescinded.

Come on, it was a red card, but never a 3 match ban sorry. It was a professional foul, and although Terry wasn't last man Robnho would have been two on one with Jo. But this doesn't mean he deserves a 3 match ban, its one thing to get three match for breaking someones leg and another thing to prevent a team from going two on one and getting a 3 match ban. And to be quite candid i don't care about the FA rules!

100% correct Mowen. Its bloody football not Rugby!! It really was a professional foul. Its ok for players to rugby tackle then from now on and they will only get a yellow.

There was action to suit all sports fans this weekend it seems, football, rugby, and Stoke contributed some basketball

Guest Toon Argy

There's nothing about being last man in the rules.

The rule is about stopping an almost certain goal - which if you're the last man to beat and you take them down, is effectively the same thing.

goal scoring opportunity*

Mark Halsey has not been given a Premier League match to referee this weekend, instead he has been given a League 2 game.  The reason given was because he stated in his report that he gave Terry the red card for serious foul play, the FA panel recinded the card because, in their opinion, it was not serious foul play.

If it had been awarded for a professional foul the card would have probably stood.

Because he plays for a london club and england. Look at how much rooney gets away with for the same reasons.

Because he plays for a london club and england. Look at how much rooney gets away with for the same reasons.

Rooney doesn't play for a London club.

If the "challenge" had happened anywhere else on the pitch it would only have been a yellow.

Why are people on here so bothered anyway, seeing as most of you think Terry is shit?