Ashley wants $860m for NUFC.

Dokko

If someone pays that amount of cash for the club,they will want to recoup that money when they come to sell,so who in their right mind will pay that in todays market, as I'm thinking who will buy when they wish to sell should things go tits up/ relegation/bust.

People on this forum are really getting on my tits - you complain over the continuing support for alladyce then complain when 'yet another manager gets the sack', you complain when he didnt get anyone in immediately, you complain when keegan didnt pick up results, you complain about the high wage bill, you complain about any chance that may see NUFC progress, you complain about ticket prices, you complain about ashely until he sacrifices and agrees to his own slaughter then complain when he names his price. Next you'll be complaining when he sells to some fucker who wants to play an over the top game of football manager and complain when yet another regime has problems.

Theres never any pleasing some people!

People on this forum are really getting on my tits - you complain over the continuing support for alladyce then complain when 'yet another manager gets the sack', you complain when he didnt get anyone in immediately, you complain when keegan didnt pick up results, you complain about the high wage bill, you complain about any chance that may see NUFC progress, you complain about ticket prices, you complain about ashely until he sacrifices and agrees to his own slaughter then complain when he names his price.

Welcome to the world of football fans online.

People on this forum are really getting on my tits - you complain over the continuing support for alladyce then complain when 'yet another manager gets the sack', you complain when he didnt get anyone in immediately, you complain when keegan didnt pick up results, you complain about the high wage bill, you complain about any chance that may see NUFC progress, you complain about ticket prices, you complain about ashely until he sacrifices and agrees to his own slaughter then complain when he names his price. Next you'll be complaining when he sells to some fucker who wants to play an over the top game of football manager and complain when yet another regime has problems.

You are referring to a forum of over 1000 different opinions as one collective opinion. Of course people have complained about every single element that you have listed above. It is the nature of subjectivity.

It is just as possible to replace the word "complain" with "defended" (or whichever similar word is appropriate to the context), and the above list would still be just as valid.

You are referring to a forum of over 1000 different opinions as one collective opinion. Of course people have complained about every single element that you have listed above. It is the nature of subjectivity.

It is just as possible to replace the word "complain" with "defended" (or whichever similar word is appropriate to the context), and the above list would still be just as valid.

There are a core of posters who tick all of those boxes tbf.

You do realise youre complaining about people complaining :)

It had crossed my mind . . . . . . no honestly it had!

why does anyone even remotely believe this shite from people on SSN or "sources close to the club" or whoever the fuck is peddling the bollocks from London this week?

Because after 28 weekly of printings "KK TO QUIT TOON, TURMOIL IN GEORDIELAND" they finally got one right so now of course they're in the know and should be believed.

We know nobody will pay that price.

Ashley knows nobody will pay that price.

Potential investors know nobody will pay that price.

Everybody knows nobody will pay that price.

If that number is real then it is just a starting point, Ashley is probably hoping to get close to the £300m mark, which would be high, but then he knows he's dealing with multi-billionaires.

why does anyone even remotely believe this s**** from people on SSN or "sources close to the club" or whoever the f*** is peddling the bollocks from London this week?

It is something to talk about & the club being up for sale has even overtook the hunt for the "new messiah" as the major talking point at the club.

And you would know that how?

No-one knows anything.

Do you seriously think Ashley will be bothered about how our debt is paid off or how much we spend on transfers?   bluelaugh.gif

Well his statement did say that he'd only sell to someone who had the resources to give us what we want.

Whether true or not we have to wait and see, but Ken Bates did something similar with Abramovich for Chelsea's debt iirc.

Although for now, no-one knows anything about anyones motives, so I'll just speculate on the speculation.

If the current financial situation in the US continues that will mean about 50m pounds by the end of the week.

Haha, reminds me of Andy Murray's interview after the US Open.

"You may have lost, but you have still won $250,000 so you must be happy with that?"

"It's about £10 at the minute isn't it?"

Dollar is hovering around an 18 month high against the pound, also doing well against the Euro. What's happening in the markets impacts us as much as the states (see ftse v dow today). What we wanna do is get our investors to come from Switzerland or Japan, then they can take advantage of a few decent days of fx adjustments...

I want to complain about you complaning that he's complaining about other people complaining.

Like me trying to sell my old computer that i bought 7 years ago for the same price i bought it, without making any uppgrades....

Who the fuck would buy it for that kind of money, fuck it..im going to bed..

Guest The Libertine

i would laugh my bollocks off if he got double his money back and keegan gets nothing for quitting.

"omg u fat cokney! gtfo" would have been the inspiration for one of the best deals he's ever made.

i would laugh my bollocks off if he got double his money back and keegan gets nothing for quitting.

"omg u fat cokney! gtfo" would have been the inspiration for one of the best deals he's ever made.

Cant see that the state the club will be in will be much if a laughing matter

Guest The Libertine

Cant see that the state the club will be in will be much if a laughing matter

if somebody is willing to paid nearly a billion dollars for it then it cant be that bad. they must have money to burn so i'd expect next season to be chelsea-tastic.

ashley would be kissing keegans feet if he gets this much.

Ashley just wants $$$.

Look at the price he quotes for sale

"According to the sale documents, Ashley wants to recoup his entire investment, plus take a massive profit. - £480m.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=572848&sec=england&cc=4716

What he said about loving Newcastle United are all a pack of lies. It is typical PR stuffs to be honest.

If they really have money to burn, Ashley should just take back his initial investment or perhaps take back part of it and leave the remainder for us to invest in new players instead of asking a big profit for himself.

Big profit = Business mentality = personal profit (It's not going back to Newcastle United in any way or form).