Heavy Rain (PS3) Trailer

Carlito

Shows in-game footage. I'm not sure if many people will have heard of this but for those who haven't, it's from the makers of a game called Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy which was really good and gave you a lot of flexibility with the story.

The game is supposed to be a dark thriller (without the supernatural elements Fahrenheit had) with the player being able to manipulate the story, with a number of possible endings. It's also interesting that the game doesn't have any game overs etc, but rather if you were to die as one person, the story will continue and alter with you then controlling someone else. I don't have a PS3 unfortunately but may consider buying one if I can find a few more games I'd like for it because this looks absolutely amazing imo, and having played Fahrenheit they seem to do a really good job of making these games play out like films with the use of interactive cutscenes etc.

Jesus, am I the only one getting utterly bored of quick-time events?

No, I think most gamers are sick of it, tbh.

It can work in a game like this, but I hate it when it's in games like Star Wars The Force Unleashed, where it just breaks up the action.