Would O'Leary Be Such A Bad Choice?

Crumpy Gunt

Can honestly say I can't stand the fella but, as Hull proved we are there for the taking by even by the shittest of the shit at the moment.

The fact we're in limbo concerning any permanent management appointment perhaps O'Leary might not be a bad choice to come in until we're either sold or until the end of the season.

I have zero faith in the present set-up. We have relegation written all over us to be fair.

Compared to the other candidates -like Curbishley,  no.

He's done better with big money and just as well with little money.

He's got experience of getting the best out of young players.

He's finished 4th, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 10th, 16th. I'd take the 16th at the minute....

Eh? He has done better with big money, but actually he hasn't as he has done just as well with little money?

I was comparing him to Curbishley there like.

Eh? He has done better with big money, but actually he hasn't as he has done just as well with little money?

I was comparing him to Curbishley there like.

Ah, OK. Would agree O'Leary over Curbishley, but what a choice to have to make :(

Well the longer this drags out the bigger mess its going to be, what we do not want is Ashley to still own us by the next transfer window, Dave O is a knob BUT he would probably steady the ship and do a good enough job SHORT TERM to see us safe.

We need to appoint someone quickly just to steady the ship and help with the day to day coaching etc.

The last thing the club needs is a long list of people turning us down, that will only embarrass the club further.

So if he is willing he may be worth a shot on a short term deal until the sale of the club, is completed.

The team is so decimated by injuries at the moment, that you can't read too much into the Hull game.

Even so the decision to us Shola as an extra striker rather than push N'Zogbia into midfield was a critical mistake, which doesn't fill me with confidence in Hughton.

The problem is, O'Bleary and Curbishley are such bad managers I don't see what difference bringing them in would make. Worse still, if we do get a run of results we might get Roeder'd and end up with them on a permanent contract.

i like O'leary tbh. Not a bad manager compared to some of the shit we've had

I'm going to wait for brummie's opinion on that. I thought he was fairly shit at Villa, but I don't really follow them closely so an inside view would be useful.

Was given very little money at Villa, long term hell no, short term why not?

Hughton is out of his depth..

He's Llambias' mate so in all probability we'd be stuck with him long term, his whining bullshit, pug ugly face and shite football to boot.  Please God no. 

Has he been out of work since he left Villa?, if so he's been out the game a bit to long. I would like a Manager who is still currently working.

Would a manager currently working give up his job to come to a club in turmoil that may be about to change owner? Can only be a prospect of any interest to someone out of work - no?

Has he been out of work since he left Villa?, if so he's been out the game a bit to long. I would like a Manager who is still currently working.

And how long had Keegan been out of work before he came back to us?

Exactly there's my point.