Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owner doesn't what us anymore. No new buyer on the horizion. No manager, very few coaches. No really appealling prospects to take over. Discontent and division amongst the fans. Paper thin squad, lacking in morale. Long injury list. Injury prone players.

At this moment in time, I'd snap his hands off.

FK that, Owen doesn't want us said who? that performance against Hull was not from a man wanting to leave.

No buying its not even been a week yet.

:lol:

Next time he's injured you'll be saying the opposite again.

Would I s****. We're better than that, despite what's going on at the club.

No doubt we are better than that, but there are too many things wrong at the club right now to think anything more than survival should be the target. We are in a huge mess, I don't think the majority of fans fully appreciate how bad the situation currently is. The worst part is that there's not much light visible at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, I would.  In a heartbeat.

I'm angry with him, but Keegan demonstrated that moral, attitude, work ethic and self-belief are everything in this game.  That is what will differentiate the mid table teams that challenge for Europe from the mid table teams that struggle to stay up.  In terms of a player for player comparison, I don't think we are that far behind the likes of Villa or Everton.  But that doesn't mean we are too good to go down.  We aren't.  Good players can get relegated when they lack team cohesion, stability, coaching or leadership.

This club doesn't just need a manager, it needs a personality.  Someone with a bit of arrogance & ego to distract the media attention, get the players motivated and get this ship back on course. 

f*** off!

How can you possibly tell what is going to happen through the course of the season?

That's the whole point of this thread, it's how you are feeling right now. At this moment in time I'm depressed as f*** about the club, I'm usually pessimistic but I'm even more so at the moment.

We are better than that, regardless of whatever happens off the pitch, we'll not finish *that* low. I'm still certain will not be haunted by the relegation ghost for the better parts of this season, and unless something drastic happens we'll be around 12th-ish. If on the other hand we FINALLY become more stable with off the pitch events, we still have time to push for a top 8 finish.

No new buyer on the horizon.

The club has only been officially for sale for five days. We know from bitter recent experience that we haven't got a clue what is happening behind the scenes. Too early to write everything off.

Very true, I have no idea and we haven't been up for sale for that long. I can't though shake the feeling that Ashley's not as keen to sell as he's making out and because of his statement that's not a good thing at all.

Considering that it matters very little exactly where we're finishing when we're finishing 10th~17th, I'd take it.

We're obviously not getting into the UEFA cup this year, so I'd take any way of avoiding relegation, which is the only significant result possible this season.

Are Spurs going to get relegated too?  They are in trouble.

This thread's really not about getting relegated, it's about whether our expectations should be for anything more than survival this season. I honestly don't think they can be under the present climate.

As for spurs, they are in trouble very true, but IMO it's just down to the fact that they have the wrong man in charge. They don't have anywhere near as many problems off the field as we do. They'll probably not be relegated and results will likely start to pick up when their team has started to gel.

Considering that it matters very little exactly where we're finishing when we're finishing 10th~17th, I'd take it.

We're obviously not getting into the UEFA cup this year, so I'd take any way of avoiding relegation, which is the only significant result possible this season.

Thats basically how I feel. We've got nothing of worth to actually compete for, other than mid-table mediocrity at best, so 17th/12th doesn't really matter and the first garuntees we would stay up.

Thats basically how I feel. We've got nothing of worth to actually compete for, other than mid-table mediocrity at best, so 17th/12th doesn't really matter and the first garuntees we would stay up.

Fuckin hell its 4 games in. All it would take at this stage is a 3 game win streak and you'd be up there. We've seen from our first couple of games that we can play so its not beyond the realms of possibility that we can have a respectable season.

My opinion will of course be harder to justify the longer this situation drags out.

Ask yourself whether this team, in its current predicament, is incapable of finishing 7 points worse off than we did last season.  Last season we won 8 games at home, and 3 away.  We finished 12th.  Reading won 8 games at home, and 2 away.  They went down.  And 36 points may or may not be enough this year.  How many points did West Ham go down with?

I don't want to finish 17th, but I'd take it given how bleak our current prospects actually are.

What a dumb question. No, I won't take 17th place. There is still 33 games to play, 99 points to be won. This kind of defeatist attitude shouldn't be accepted. We will fight, and with the quality that's prevalent in the squad (which is a fact!!), we can still challenge for a top 8 place.