Question Time

GM

wasn't 1997 the year of the asian economic bubble burst and threatened to smash the worlds economies ?

I thought it was the year of the cow.

too old fashioned. for example ,every seventh year is now the "year of an asian disease coming to wipe us all out" (see bird flu,sars)

1997. The Year of the Blair. Theme tune: Things can Only Get Better by D:Ream. General feeling of euphoria across the country, promise of a bright new dawn etc. Nobody cared about much else than Cool Britannia...

You're right madras. It was shite then too, actually.

:undecided:

1997. The Year of the Blair. Theme tune: Things can Only Get Better by D:Ream. General feeling of euphoria across the country, promise of a bright new dawn etc. Nobody cared about much else than Cool Britannia...

You're right madras. It was s**** then too, actually.

:undecided:

1997 for me, after years of being desperate to get the tories out, 2 months before the election i'd decided blair was only marginally,very slightly less bad than major.

spoiltt my ballot paper

No, nothing makes sense

Nothing seems to fit

I know you'd hit out

If you only knew who to hit

And I'd join the movement

If there was one I could believe in

Yeah I'd break bread and wine

If there was a church I could receive in

'cause I need it now

....describes how I feel about the state of the parties right now.

I've been political apathetic for a while now, but I'm starting to get old, and I'm wondering who is going to provide leadership for this country at a time of almost chaotic confusion and tension.

Saw absolutely nothing from last night's show to make me want to do anything other than vomit over every single politician, commentator or self-opinionated journalist ever. :dave:

No, nothing makes sense

Nothing seems to fit

I know you'd hit out

If you only knew who to hit

And I'd join the movement

If there was one I could believe in

Yeah I'd break bread and wine

If there was a church I could receive in

'cause I need it now

....describes how I feel about the state of the parties right now.

I've been political apathetic for a while now, but I'm starting to get old, and I'm wondering who is going to provide leadership for this country at a time of almost chaotic confusion and tension.

Saw absolutely nothing from last night's show to make me want to do anything other than vomit over every single politician, commentator or self-opinionated journalist ever. :dave:

took your time catching up kidda. thats where i was two months before the 97 election.

for starters it aint going to happen while thevoting public is as it is. i mostly think we have,for the most part,got the politicians and the political environment our society deserves.

took your time catching up kidda. thats where i was two months before the 97 election.

for starters it aint going to happen while thevoting public is as it is. i mostly think we have,for the most part,got the politicians and the political environment our society deserves.

Sad, but true. Who's idea was universal suffrage anyway? Damn that Emily Pankhurst dumbing down the electorate with her oestrogen-infested sisterhood! :rant: Bloody Chartists. What did they know? 1848 marked a true nadir in the development of this country. But wait until 2012 and you'll see azn even bigger one, when Scotland unilaterally declares Independence and builds an Barbed Wire Curtain that stretches from Berwick to Gretna.

At which point, I'm sorry but, I would have no option but to return home to Geordieland. Bit like a second generation yardie returning to Jamaica.

I remember having been out, then getting back and staying up all night smoking and watching the results come in, we all cheered when Portillo lost his seat and cried on the telly! I hated him back then, now I think he's one of the few in UK politics that actually considers reality before deciding what to do, he's reconsidered a lot of what must have been his core beliefs since then and I have a huge amount of respect for him for having the balls to do that. If you'd have told me that I was going to say that back in '97, I'd have told you to fuck off.

Revolution is what's needed now in this country and I'm only half joking.