The Chronicle

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

While the may appear to be siding with fans, are very anti-Ashley and seem all for promoting the views of fans, don't for one minute think they are genuine, they are as biased as anyone and have their own agendas. I note the reporting of Ashley's mistakes to many of the mistakes by the previous board couldn't be more different. Not an ounce of integrity between them at Thompson House.

Obviously they are desperate get a more sympathetic ownership to them, than the current board. Oliver was spoilt under shepherd, he had a direct line to what was going on within the club. Now his contacts are no better than any of ours.

They'll do a deal with anyone to get a relationship like that back. I wouldn't put it past them to be used by some interested parties "to test the water". Perhaps Llambias has thrown them a bone and told them to get O'Leary's name out there.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought I'd point it out having read it for the first time in ages. It seems like war to them, I mean I don't like Ashley and want him gone but I'm allowed to, I'm bitter, twisted and emotional, the Chronicle however should be less biased. Their latest story about how Ashley could have sold up 3 months ago and promoting names like O'Leary and Ince are purely designed to incite fans further. They don't want change for the best where the club is concerned, they just want people in who can give them stories, in the meantime, they will drag and drag the unrest out for as long as they can as it really does sell papers. They too are c***s.

Obviously they'll join in the anti-Ashley chorus. He didn't feed them stories. And many on here were applauding him for this not long ago.

I certainly don't have a problem with the club for not leaking transfer stories or general club gossip to the local rag.

Obviously they'll join in the anti-Ashley chorus. He didn't feed them stories. And many on here were applauding him for this not long ago.

I certainly don't have a problem with the club for not leaking transfer stories or general club gossip to the local rag.

:thup:

Yet his failure to communicate with the Toon-supporting public is one of the most valid complaints about Ashley, I'd say -- not that I give a shit about him snubbing the Ronnie either.

While the may appear to be siding with fans, are very anti-Ashley and seem all for promoting the views of fans, don't for one minute think they are genuine, they are as biased as anyone and have their own agendas. I note the reporting of Ashley's mistakes to many of the mistakes by the previous board couldn't be more different. Not an ounce of integrity between them at Thompson House.

Fair point. They had a cosy relationship with Freddie Shepherd with the old I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine understanding. I think it hit an all time low when Oliver actually started berating the fans for giving Souness a hard time before he read the writing on the wall and switched sides.

Guest optimistic nit

Yet his failure to communicate with the Toon-supporting public is one of the most valid complaints about Ashley, I'd say -- not that I give a shit about him snubbing the Ronnie either.

i have no problem with them not talking to the chronicle, but they should have talked directly too the fans. if they talk to the chronicle all we get is the chronicles version of what is happening, not the truth.

i dont have a problem with them not talking about transfers mind.

The local newspaper siding with the fans!!! Shocking.

Lets not comment on this & stick to whinging about the "SOUTHERN BASED PRESS" slagging us off.

It's a pity they didn't feel the same way about the last lot or when we had Souness and Roeder.

The local newspaper siding with the fans!!! Shocking.

Lets not comment on this & stick to whinging about the "SOUTHERN BASED PRESS" slagging us off.

It's a pity they didn't feel the same way about the last lot or when we had Souness and Roeder.

I read plenty of articles against Souness in the months leading up to him leaving. As for Glen I cant recall large groups of fans at the games shouting him out, I know online was a different to that. 

The Chronicle's always been bloody awful, although that's standard for local papers, London does even worse in this respect.

I don't mind it, as it something to read while I am having my dinner at work Mon to Fri. Never buy the Saturday copy though.