New laptop V2.093.221 Beta

Slim

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/144182

OR

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5750 (2.0 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1- English

15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display with TrueLife™

256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450

2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]

160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive

Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software

£449.00

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5750 (2.0 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1- English

17 Widescreen WXGA+ CCFL (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife™

256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3650

2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]

250GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive

Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software

1 Year Base Warranty

£499

Cheers for advice

Its for me when im on flights for movies and some mid range games. Also its needed so i can hook it up to my hd tv hence the dvi port.

Heard some rumors about poor bat life and build quality but tbh the specs are much better for the price than anything from samsung etc.

Second one browner, widescreen is far better than normal set up! Plus for the extra £50 get better graphics and more hd space.

They're both widescreen. I'm not sure you can even buy a 4:3 laptop nowadays, widescreen fits a lot better with the design and shape of laptops.

I'd go for the first because 17" is really ridiculously big if you're taking it out onto trains and the like.

Guest LucaAltieri

Incorrect. I love tits, me.

I'm still of the opinion that if you try a good old mac of some form, you'll see the error of your ways and repent.

Tried it. Does nothing for me.

...and whats with making everything rounded and white? People talk about Apple's design skills as if they're something amazing. They're basically making laptops designed after fridges.

Not my style, thanks.

Talking about looks for £40 more i could have this that imo looks alot better. They also have loads more in the range.  Im also getting a laptop backpack so the size wont be to bad when its not one of the gay laptop carry bags.http://img.hexus.net/v2/news/dell/dell-art1.jpg

Sick of you saying mac book! lol.  I said i want to play some games on it.....Mac's just wont cut it!

Ah, ok, didn't read the original spec.

Let you off then.

(Although, FM is the only PC game worthy of existence and thats maccable)

and to the other random tool - yep, macs are expensive. well observed.

Guest elbee909

I have a Macbook.  Bootcamping it up though so I have Windows on there as well.  I'm not one of those Apple cunt type of people, but it does do well those things laptops should do well, which conventionally they don't.

Yeha i agree with the mac if i ever did design etc.  Plus i plan on lending it to my mam and she has only just sorted out how to work word and a forum.  Think she could die if i put her on a mac

The first 2 weeks after my parents bought an iMac were hell. I couldn't go for longer than 15minutes without being summonsed to help them out. It was painful.