Have we (the fans) massively overplayed our hand?

stozo

As the title says really. We've protested and forced Ashley to try and sell but now it seems he won't be selling any time in the next month or so atleast, no decent manager will come here with the instability and Ashley not funding us anymore likely means no major recruits in January.

Have we massively overplayed our hand and put ourselves in a situation where we really are in deep, deep trouble.

As the title says really. We've protested and forced Ashley to try and sell but now it seems he won't be selling any time in the next month or so atleast, no decent manager will come here with the instability and Ashley not funding us anymore likely means no major recruits in January.

Have we massively overplayed our hand and put ourselves in a situation where we really are in deep, deep trouble.

The cliche "be careful what you wish for" is sounding too true .......

Do you think many decent mangers would have come and accepted Dennis Wise telling them which players they are getting?

No different to last January then.

Even if he was still "bankrolling" the club, I don't think we'd be seeing any splurges of cash this winter. We knew at the end of the season that we needed a LOT of players to come in; and although the "one in, one out" policy has increased (IMO) the quality of the squad, we're still knackered when we get one or two injuries to key players.

To the point of the thread, I can't answer that. We need to see what cards other players round the table have before the extent to which we've been bluffing becomes apparent.

Maybe the folks who would be interested in buying NUFC for, say, £200m are just happily watching it fall to bits hoping MA's arse will go as we plummet towards the Championship?

Do you think many decent mangers would have come and accepted Dennis Wise telling them which players they are getting?

Before the protests, Ashley selling etc. I think we would have easily got a continental manager who'd accept the set up. It may not have been massive name but I don't think we'd be in this situation. 

Zico and Terim have shown interest.

Guest Wally_McFool

The whole cause of this problem was caused by Ashley appointing Wise after Keegan therefore undermining him.

He may well have had the best of intentions but the clubs amateurish lack of communication since Mort left and the consequent naive running of the club (like having a small squad that is short of cover in vital positions) are basically down to him and his mates.

Blame the fans if you want to, but I say Ashley has lost the fans because of his own inexperience arrogance and stupidity.

"Have we massively overplayed our hand and put ourselves in a situation where we really are in deep, deep trouble"

That is yet to be shown because if Ashley stays and the club struggles on, his assets at Newcastle could plummet in value so EVERYBODY loses that way.

If he sells up and the ship is steadied, the protests will be proven to be correct.

The whole cause of this problem was caused by Ashley appointing Wise after Keegan therefore undermining him.

He may well have had the best of intentions but the clubs amateurish lack of communication since Mort left and the consequent naive running of the club (like having a small squad that is short of cover in vital positions) are basically down to him and his mates.

Blame the fans if you want to, but I say Ashley has lost the fans because of his own inexperience arrogance and stupidity.

"Have we massively overplayed our hand and put ourselves in a situation where we really are in deep, deep trouble"

That is yet to be shown because if Ashley stays and the club struggles on, his assets at Newcastle could plummet in value so EVERYBODY loses that way.

If he sells up and the ship is steadied, the protests will be proven to be correct.

Not at all the naiive beliefs of our own 'supporters', particularly the bedsheet brigade, then?

Ashley has been looking for an exit or ways of downgrading his 100% stake in Newcastle for a long time as soon as realized owning a football club costs a few £££'s & has the cheek to place his reason for wanting out against the fans, instead of coming clean & saying its not for him.

Ashley has been looking for an exit or ways of downgrading his 100% stake in Newcastle for a long time as soon as realized owning a football club costs a few £££'s & has the cheek to place his reason for wanting out against the fans, instead of coming clean & saying its not for him.

You're a cynical bastard though.

a long time? as in like eons? or as in like forever dude?

Zico and Terim have shown interest.

I think that they probably would have done *if* Shy Mike wasn't selling up. I can't see anyone wanting to come here with the very real possibility that they'll be out on their ear when/if the sale goes through.

Except David frickin' O'Leary  :jesuswept:

You wanted him gone . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . now life with the consequences!

Is it me or is the reality that most of the fans didnt actually want him out, they just wanted a change to the structure and an improvement in the communication between club and fans.

It's irrelevant really, as pointless as someone crowing on about how we should have stuck with the Halls and Shep, as if we had any say in that whatsoever, rather than John Hall selling for purely business reasons. Past is past, only a real saddo would take pleasure from the state of the club, no names.

Guest Wally_McFool

You wanted him gone . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . now life with the consequences!

I didn't say I particularly wanted him gone.

I said  that I think he's fucked it up mate and that it would be better in my opinion, if he now sold the club.

If you think Mr Ashley has done a wonderful  job, good on yer! I just happen to disagree with you  :knuppel2: