Hughton out - as manager

stozo

I think regardless of your views on the other circumstances of this situation we can all agree that Hughton can't continue for much longer as manager. Shocking team selection and tactics in both matches, not an ideal situation to be in but his slections have certainly not helped us at all. I'd take anyone right now other than him, bring on O'Leary, Wise, Venables, anybody.

There is no excuse for the selections today or last week. It doesn't need a top manager to work out that playing midifelders in midfield is a better idea than playing forwards or defenders there. When you already have a midfield without legs you don't put another fossil in there. Fucking numpty.

We cannot blame him for the mess we are in, he is at fault for saying we need a manager as soon as possible, does not inspire confidence he should have just shut up and got on with it.

He is at fault for poor team selection in two games, he learned one thing from the Hull game, do not play Shola! but he should have learned that Bassong is so much better at LB than Zoggy and that Nacho seemed like he could play a bit and as Guthrie got a ban then Nacho would be his best option to partner Butt.

Its a tough tough job to take on with the state of the club and the state of the squad, so many players missing, Beye, Martins, Guthrie, Enrique and Jonas all would ahve been int he starting 11.

He's pulling the names out of a hat surely.

I'm not sure how anyone who has been advising managers for 7 years can set up a team so obviously wrong.

The bloke is 'standing in' he's made it clear he's not a manager, seems a bit harsh getting on his back. We're not getting a new manager 'till Ashley fucks off so looks like CH in the mean time, Who knows he might feel he's got something to prove on Wednesday.

The bloke is 'standing in' he's made it clear he's not a manager, seems a bit harsh getting on his back. We're not getting a new manager 'till Ashley fucks off so looks like CH in the mean time, Who knows he might feel he's got something to prove on Wednesday.

That he can put out a first 11 without ANY midifelders playing in midfield?

I really don't get how anyone qualified to be a coach could look at Edgar and Bassong and decide Edgar is better.

this, clueless tosser

To be fair, if the past two or three managers hadn't had this stupid obsession with thinking N'Zogbia was a left-back (remember Keegan's comments saying he had a find somewhere in the team for him so played him left-back?), then perhaps we'd have seen Bassong left-back instead, because to be honest, I think Keegan would have named that same back four as today unfortunately.

I really don't get how anyone qualified to be a coach could look at Edgar and Bassong and decide Edgar is better.

this, clueless tosser

To be fair, if the past two or three managers hadn't had this stupid obsession with thinking N'Zogbia was a left-back (remember Keegan's comments saying he had a find somewhere in the team for him so played him left-back?), then perhaps we'd have seen Bassong left-back instead, because to be honest, I think Keegan would have named that same back four as today unfortunately.

Edgar in the team man, he's barely a championship player

this, clueless tosser

Ever since Souness played Kluivert in midfield and Shola up front, I've had a suspicion that a lot of managers are just thick footballers with a title. Mind Souness did also come up with the brainwave of using two defensive midfielders for an away match so he probably deserves to be in a category of his own.

This is just another stupid kneejerk thread.  N'Zogbia at left back and some weird experiment with Cacapa in midfield was really the biggest problem?  He commits the sin of playing Ameobi, something every previous manager has done with no effect, and he should be immediately sacked?  For who exactly?  Is there a list of short term managers looking to take control of this shit squad for an indeterminate amount of time?

Houghton out....jesus fucking wept.  Why don't we ask the cunts who wear the shirt to be accountable for their own performances instead of sacking our way out of another slump. 

this, clueless tosser

Ever since Souness played Kluivert in midfield and Shola up front, I've had a suspicion that a lot of managers are just thick footballers with a title. Mind Souness did also come up with the brainwave of using two defensive midfielders for an away match so he probably deserves to be in a category of his own.

This stupid "out of position" malarky can be dated back to Elland Road, August 2003, when Robson selected Bowyer on the right ahead of Solano. Since then, each manager has managed to out-do one another with questionable selections.