record so far:

wins against:

Reading (home)

Newcastle (home)

Scunthorpe (away)

Charlton (home)

Leicester (away in extra time)

I reckon Roeder could have achieved that

Ignoring holding Arsenal and Chelsea to draws at their own grounds, how convenient.  Let's not get into a debate about Roeder being able to do whatever, O'Neill is a better manager than him.  He's proved this at VARIOUS levels, it's all as clear as day.  And a pretty pointless debate to have anyway.

record so far:

wins against:

Reading (home)

Newcastle (home)

Scunthorpe (away)

Charlton (home)

Leicester (away in extra time)

I reckon Roeder could have achieved that

Ignoring holding Arsenal and Chelsea to draws at their own grounds, how convenient. Let's not get into a debate about Roeder being able to do whatever, O'Neill is a better manager than him. He's proved this at VARIOUS levels, it's all as clear as day. And a pretty pointless debate to have anyway.

Seconded. MON shits on Roeder from a great height.

bluelaugh.gif

Yes, he's rubbish isn't he? Only remaining unbeaten until the end of October, what a muppet!

Incidentally, did any of you watch this match? Liverpool were awesome in the first half, very impressive.

Second half was more evenly balanced.

Guest Invicta_Toon

bullshit

if you laid out Villas results this season at the start of the season and were told they were Roeders results, not one of you would have doubted it

open your fucking eyes

he's taking them nowhere but mid-table

bullshit

if you laid out Villas results this season at the start of the season and were told they were Roeders results, not one of you would have doubted it

open your ****ing eyes

Which is quite an achievement having played at least half the season with a SMALLER squad than O'Dreary had.

If you'd laid out Roeder's results so far and said they were MON's,  how many people would believe that?

bullshit

open your fucking eyes

:lol:

I don't think many would complain with that, nor would it not be an acheivement considering how bad O'Leary's Villa were.  They'll be happy with progress, and O'Neill will almost certainly build on his previous season's success.

Guest Invicta_Toon

bullshit

open your fucking eyes

:lol:

I don't think many would complain with that, nor would it not be an acheivement considering how bad O'Leary's Villa were.  They'll be happy with progress, and O'Neill will almost certainly build on his previous season's success.

pure speculation

Guest Wayne D

Wait.. wait... wait... someone actually reckons we're just as well off with Roeder than if we opted for MoN?

Riiiiiiiiiight...

Guest Invicta_Toon

Wait.. wait... wait... someone actually reckons we're just as well off with Roeder than if we opted for MoN?

Riiiiiiiiiight...

No.

just wondering why everyone has a hard on for MON, when he's doing fuck all

Some people go over the top, I give you that, but to look at his career and come up with "he's doing fuck all", you're in dire need of a shrink.  He hasn't won countless Premierships, or whatever, but he's got a clear history is sorting teams out, making them solid to beat, both domestically and in European competitions. 

He's a good manager, could well become a great, but I can't see that happening at Villa.  It all depends on this new owner/era of theirs.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Some people go over the top, I give you that, but to look at his career and come up with "he's doing fuck all", you're in dire need of a shrink.  He hasn't won countless Premierships, or whatever, but he's got a clear history is sorting teams out, making them solid to beat, both domestically and in European competitions. 

He's a good manager, could well become a great, but I can't see that happening at Villa.  It all depends on this new owner/era of theirs.

exactly. Even with a takeover and new money, mid-table is the ambition and likely result.

'he's doing fuck all' is a statement of fact on the here and now. Nothing to do with his past (achievements?)

Fair enough, I agree with the mid-table thing.  Maybe perhaps a bit better, pushing for 6-7 every season and becoming UEFA regulars, but they're going to need a whole lot more than what is a modest transfer budget to break into the so-called 'elite'. 

Fair enough, I agree with the mid-table thing. Maybe perhaps a bit better, pushing for 6-7 every season and becoming UEFA regulars, but they're going to need a whole lot more than what is a modest transfer budget to break into the so-called 'elite'.

What is the modest transfer budget?

Fair enough, I agree with the mid-table thing. Maybe perhaps a bit better, pushing for 6-7 every season and becoming UEFA regulars, but they're going to need a whole lot more than what is a modest transfer budget to break into the so-called 'elite'.

What is the modest transfer budget?

Well, it's only paper talk, I suppose, but I've seen things like £20m mentioned at various points since he took over.  Either way, what I'm trying to get at is, if you're a team like Villa, looking to break into the top tier you're going to need to spend a lot of money.  I rate O'Neill's skills to get the best out of everyone highly, but I don't think he can acheive that. 

Guest Wayne D

'he's doing **** all' is a statement of fact on the here and now. Nothing to do with his past (achievements?)

Statement of crap, alright. He's making progress with Villa, which is hardly '*** all'.