A Pro-Ashley "Demonstration / Rally"

Robster

For all the people moaning and complaining that the mongs have "got what they wanted", I was wondering why there doesnt appear to have been any calls for a bringing together of fans who want Mike to stay and to push the club on in the manner that he says he was trying to.

Be interesting to see his response if a few thousand stood outside SJP with "Please stay Mike" banners

For all the people moaning and complaining that the mongs have "got what they wanted", I was wondering why there doesnt appear to have been any calls for a bringing together of fans who want Mike to stay and to push the club on in the manner that he says he was trying to.

Be interesting to see his response if a few thousand stood outside SJP with "Please stay Mike" banners

They'd get a 9mm between the eyes

You're missing the point.

Protests with the intensity and voracity that we saw pre-Hull and post-Keegan have served to disrupt and distract the players and the team. Personally, yes I do think Ashley find himself in a position where he simply must go, but I disagree with the protests completely, especially the way they were carried out. They were needless and mindless for the most part. Protesting for Ashley (and I'm what you would consider pro-Ashley) would be just as damaging.

Not being mongs, they probably don't want to demonstrate. In any case, does anyone ever demostrate FOR something? Isn't it usually against?

Demonstrate probably the wrong word i agree

But maybe if people who didnt want him and the rest of the management structure out, did something to communicate their positive thoughts to the club, it might make Ashley think twice.

If he doesnt know, he is just going to assume that 100% of the support is against him.

They're going to do it, but they need to save up for the airfare first.

Protests with the intensity and voracity that we saw pre-Hull and post-Keegan have served to disrupt and distract the players and the team. Personally, yes I do think Ashley find himself in a position where he simply must go, but I disagree with the protests completely, especially the way they were carried out. They were needless and mindless for the most part. Protesting for Ashley (and I'm what you would consider pro-Ashley) would be just as damaging.

We struggled to beat Coventry with a better team than what has started the last 2 games. Dont let the sideshow distract you from how s**** our squad is. I still think we have a okayish starting XI when/if/never everyone is fit.

Not being mongs, they probably don't want to demonstrate. In any case, does anyone ever demostrate FOR something? Isn't it usually against?

But maybe if people who didnt want him and the rest of the management structure out, did something to communicate their positive thoughts to the club, it might make Ashley think twice.

If he doesnt know, he is just going to assume that 100% of the support is against him.

You know what? I think you're right. I was just sitting before listening to West 'am stick their third past us, reading in the papers about how the owners are flying round the world drinking and laughing and I thought  "yeah this new structure is working a treat I like it"

The way I see it is Keegan did everything in his power to improve the team for the better, Where Ashley and Co ignored vital area's which we needed strength which ultimately wasn't working towards the best for the team.

If new owners are not found and we're stuck with this prick then say bye bye to the prem because our squad is riddled with sicknote twats, the majority are quite happy to pick up there pay and put in god awful performances for it, when we the fans needed something positive to happen with recent events. 

I've lost all interest in us at the minute as I just can't see anybody fighting for the cause, and how you supposed to get behind that?  The "players are profesionals" statement after Keegan left is a bit tongue in cheek from what i've witnessed.

30 years supporting us and this is the lowest I have felt in that time, say's it all.

The way I see it is Keegan did everything in his power to improve the team for the better, Where Ashley and Co ignored vital area's which we needed strength which ultimately wasn't working towards the best for the team.

If new owners are not found and we're stuck with this prick then say bye bye to the prem because our squad is riddled with sicknote twats, the majority are quite happy to pick up there pay and put in god awful performances for it, when we the fans needed something positive to happen with recent events. 

I've lost all interest in us at the minute as I just can't see anybody fighting for the cause, and how you supposed to get behind that?  The "players are profesionals" statement after Keegan left is a bit tongue in cheek from what i've witnessed.

30 years supporting us and this is the lowest I have felt in that time, say's it all.

By insisting we kept Smith & turned down £12m for Milner?

At first, I thought this meeting may just be held in a phone booth, but then I realised there wasn't enough room - Ashley wouldn't be able to get in...

Yet the majority of the fans thought we needed an attacking midfielder and a striker which we signed, nobody gave a toss about a left back.

Yet the majority of the fans thought we needed an attacking midfielder and a striker which we signed, nobody gave a toss about a left back.

ooh!  careful baggio, don't expose flaws in the logic and "thought process", they'll start demonstrating against you next...

yep mate, I totally agree.

Its the worst since 1977-78, and what scares me is what followed for 15 years, the only "blip" being 2 years under Cox when Keegan played, and a couple of years of first division relative comfort in mid table, when they rode on the back of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza until they buggered off to better clubs.

i hope the fat nonce just craws back under a stone and dies

and £300 mill spread bet on HBOS  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Whatever Ashley's failings, I don't think it's wrong to suggest that he pretty much saved this club from folding, or at very least "Doing a Leeds". For that alone, he deserves our gratitude.

Personally I like many of his ideas, having a proper scouting network, getting the best young talent rather than players who are pushing towards 30 etc. I still think that if he was willing to make a couple of small ammendments to things (Ie the reporting structure), then he could be good for the club and help get us back to where we want to be.

this has been done before. They signed an attacking midfielder for free, and offloaded another to buy a striker the manager didn't want.

Sell to buy.

By the way, pretty much all summer people have been harping on about Warnock, including yourself unless I'm mistaken.

No wonder the manager told them where to stick their job. Are you going to hoy your toys out of the pram because someone shows you that you are wrong ?

Thats what you get with having an unsackable DOF.

And giving Faye to Stoke City while putting Taylor on a long expensive contract ??

There is a lot of support for the changes the Ashley regime were trying to make and Dennis Wise is a convenient villain. As an ex player said this week "the difference between Dennis Wise and Kevin Keegan is when Wise has a problem he rolls his sleeves up and works at it whereas Keegan throws the toys out of the pram"

this has been done before. They signed an attacking midfielder for free, and offloaded another to buy a striker the manager didn't want.

Sell to buy.

By the way, pretty much all summer people have been harping on about Warnock, including yourself unless I'm mistaken.

No wonder the manager told them where to stick their job. Are you going to hoy your toys out of the pram because someone shows you that you are wrong ?

Thats what you get with having an unsackable DOF.

I'm happy to admit I wanted a left back, I wanted a right back too because unless Geremi plays there we've only got one player covering each position.

Yet plenty of people (including yourself) were adamant that we needed an attacking midfielder and a striker and if the club didn't get these players in then they had failed, is that correct?

You're lucky I answered this after you dodged my question the other day, if I was a bit more petty I'd go crying to Dave and get him to demand that you answer like you do with Mick, now that would be toys out of the pram time.

And giving Faye to Stoke City while putting Taylor on a long expensive contract ??

There is a lot of support for the changes the Ashley regime were trying to make and Dennis Wise is a convenient villain. As an ex player said this week "the difference between Dennis Wise and Kevin Keegan is when Wise has a problem he rolls his sleeves up and works at it whereas Keegan throws the toys out of the pram"

Ouch! :lol:

Keegan "selling" Faye is another rumour - who was responsible for transfers in the wonderful system?

How would we know Wise is working?