Spurs, Wednesday - who's giving Ashley their money?

Guest Milburnthedog

Guest Milburnthedog

For the first time in donkeys years (Quinn 4 goals debut) I'm not going on Wednesday. It'll kill me not support the team but I feel that unless Ashley begins to see his 'asking fee' visibly reduce, we may have the current regime in situ for ages. Without the Club being affordable, we won't attract someone to take our beloved Club forward. Ashley has to see that he's kidding in his valuation.

I see the argument that the LC is one of our only options to do something this season but without a Manager in place, with the full support of the owner, we'll do nowt anyway. The team morale is at a low ebb. A new owner and a Manager in place will lift the place massively and the longer that takes, the deeper the cack we'll be in.

Totally respect the decision to go but I'm thinking long term for the good of the Club.

Ashley will be gone eventually, so if you're really thinking what's best for the club in  the long term, get yourself behind the team and the players who will still be here long after Ashley is forgotten.

Guest Milburnthedog

I don't understand the point of not going now? He says he's got the message, what would you be trying to achieve by not going? ???

He has reportedly asked for over £400m for us. No one will give him that but he'll stick it until he gets what he wants and that could take years. With 50k in the ground, he'll be getting cash in to hold the stance. A low crowd will hit him in the pocket and with the team performance what it is (no confidence with no leadership at all) we'll drop behind 4th bottom and with the prospect of a relegation, loss of Sky cash, sponsorship dropping off and the threat of a massive number not renewing for next season, his price will drop to an amount where someone will take the punt on us.

If you look at the programme, you'll see the sponsors pulling away from shirt sponsorship etc already. The guy who sponsors Viduka's shirt was called 4 times last week to take on additional sponsorship. He refused and threatened to pull the plug on his current deal unless they backed off. We need things getting tight for Ashley to cut and run.

If I was in a position to be able to go I would not ( if that is logical )

Another week has gone by with the press ridiculing him and our club with his apparent oddball negotiation skills in the Middle East and another week has gone by without hearing a single word out of the club about what is going on.

Guest Stephen927

I'd go if I had the dollar.

Support the team, I don't give a fuck about Ashley or any of that bollocks I just want to see results on the pitch.

I don't understand the point of not going now? He says he's got the message, what would you be trying to achieve by not going? ???

He has reportedly asked for over £400m for us. No one will give him that but he'll stick it until he gets what he wants and that could take years. With 50k in the ground, he'll be getting cash in to hold the stance. A low crowd will hit him in the pocket and with the team performance what it is (no confidence with no leadership at all) we'll drop behind 4th bottom and with the prospect of a relegation, loss of Sky cash, sponsorship dropping off and the threat of a massive number not renewing for next season, his price will drop to an amount where someone will take the punt on us.

If you look at the programme, you'll see the sponsors pulling away from shirt sponsorship etc already. The guy who sponsors Viduka's shirt was called 4 times last week to take on additional sponsorship. He refused and threatened to pull the plug on his current deal unless they backed off. We need things getting tight for Ashley to cut and run.

I think you're over estimating your importance to the club, in financial terms.

I hope Ashley gets out soon. I protested last week, but we've made our point. Might as well get behind the team.

If Ashley continues to ask for stupid money and put buyers off then we'll have cause to get on his back again.

My interpretation of Ashley's actions so far, is that he has NO intention of selling us in the near future (unless he gets a 'silly' offer) and is fully intending to get his own back on us by LETTING US ROT . . .

It seems like this season is probably over for us, so soon (it being only September) but it seems likely that we can already say that.