Spurs, Wednesday - who's giving Ashley their money?

Guest Milburnthedog

Guest Howaythetoon

Wonder what kind of crowd will turn up, many ST holders give these games a miss and a high percentage of charvers and kids get in, could be fun :D

Guest Howaythetoon

I know, was trying to make light of our team on the pitch.

I'm going to give this one a miss I think, will sit in and watch it in the house or in a pub.

Early League cup game, it would be barely half full anyway let's face it. Not planning to go, not for a protest, just because I can't be arsed. I don't court misery (it finds me anyway). Might change my mind and go anyway, but my feeling is no. Sod's law states we'll batter them when I decide not to go, but that's all good.

As the chant goes, I'll stay at home, watching The Bill.

Hope to god we win this..

I'd rather we won on Saturday.

Nothing beats defeating Spurs..not even trashing Sunderland at the stadium of s***.

Really?

:yikes:

Yes, because Sunderland are s*** and everyone knows it, Tottenham is a team of dilousional tits who think they are a top 4 side :D

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I've got a feeling the League Cup game against Pompey was our lowest attendance in a competitive game since reaching the premiership.. about 26k. Reckon we'll break that?

Yes, quite comfortably. I can see this being below 20k

I'd go because I'm used to a bit of masochism supporting Newcastle, but I'm at work until 8 so can't make it.

Though given the current situation, I'm not exactly devastated that the decision to stop away has been taken out of my hands.

I don't understand the point of not going now? He says he's got the message, what would you be trying to achieve by not going? ???

He has reportedly asked for over £400m for us. No one will give him that but he'll stick it until he gets what he wants and that could take years. With 50k in the ground, he'll be getting cash in to hold the stance. A low crowd will hit him in the pocket and with the team performance what it is (no confidence with no leadership at all) we'll drop behind 4th bottom and with the prospect of a relegation, loss of Sky cash, sponsorship dropping off and the threat of a massive number not renewing for next season, his price will drop to an amount where someone will take the punt on us.

If you look at the programme, you'll see the sponsors pulling away from shirt sponsorship etc already. The guy who sponsors Viduka's shirt was called 4 times last week to take on additional sponsorship. He refused and threatened to pull the plug on his current deal unless they backed off. We need things getting tight for Ashley to cut and run.

I think you're over estimating your importance to the club, in financial terms.

Think your missing the point Eldiablo. If one or two do not go Ashleys not going to be very out of pocket. I'm not going either and if 30,000 like us don't go, then the club will be devalued bit by bit. Ashley asking for £400m+ is a complete piss take of the highest order  and if people can't see Ashley for who he really is now there is no hope for them. I say boycott in order to devalue the club and therefore the amount Ashley can reasonably charge. If he starts losing money he'll want to cut and run quicker.