Spurs, Wednesday - who's giving Ashley their money?

Guest Milburnthedog

I don't understand the point of not going now? He says he's got the message, what would you be trying to achieve by not going? ???

He has reportedly asked for over £400m for us. No one will give him that but he'll stick it until he gets what he wants and that could take years. With 50k in the ground, he'll be getting cash in to hold the stance. A low crowd will hit him in the pocket and with the team performance what it is (no confidence with no leadership at all) we'll drop behind 4th bottom and with the prospect of a relegation, loss of Sky cash, sponsorship dropping off and the threat of a massive number not renewing for next season, his price will drop to an amount where someone will take the punt on us.

If you look at the programme, you'll see the sponsors pulling away from shirt sponsorship etc already. The guy who sponsors Viduka's shirt was called 4 times last week to take on additional sponsorship. He refused and threatened to pull the plug on his current deal unless they backed off. We need things getting tight for Ashley to cut and run.

I think you're over estimating your importance to the club, in financial terms.

Think your missing the point Eldiablo. If one or two do not go Ashleys not going to be very out of pocket. I'm not going either and if 30,000 like us don't go, then the club will be devalued bit by bit. Ashley asking for £400m+ is a complete piss take of the highest order  and if people can't see Ashley for who he really is now there is no hope for them. I say boycott in order to devalue the club and therefore the amount Ashley can reasonably charge. If he starts losing money he'll want to cut and run quicker.

I can see where you're both coming from, but imo there's have to be a consistent drop in sales for him to take real notice of that, not just one game. A lot of people will have season tickets, so they can't really hit him in the pocket, especially those who took the 3 year thing. I just don't think it will make THAT much of a difference to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong, would just prefer to get behind the team.  :dontknow:

Super hypocrisy from me btw as i'm not going.  :doh:

A full house on Weds would give Ashley/the club £1.5million. (assume a £30 average ticket price).

That is enough to make a noticable difference.

But as you would only expect a crowd of 35k for this the maximum hit would be £1million, and lets be honest you would get 15k there regardless so really he is only going to feel £600k if the crowd was 15k only.

As posted above, one game aint going to make a difference to Ashley, but a ghost crowd may affect the players performance

I don't understand the point of not going now? He says he's got the message, what would you be trying to achieve by not going? ???

He has reportedly asked for over £400m for us. No one will give him that but he'll stick it until he gets what he wants and that could take years. With 50k in the ground, he'll be getting cash in to hold the stance. A low crowd will hit him in the pocket and with the team performance what it is (no confidence with no leadership at all) we'll drop behind 4th bottom and with the prospect of a relegation, loss of Sky cash, sponsorship dropping off and the threat of a massive number not renewing for next season, his price will drop to an amount where someone will take the punt on us.

If you look at the programme, you'll see the sponsors pulling away from shirt sponsorship etc already. The guy who sponsors Viduka's shirt was called 4 times last week to take on additional sponsorship. He refused and threatened to pull the plug on his current deal unless they backed off. We need things getting tight for Ashley to cut and run.

I think you're over estimating your importance to the club, in financial terms.

Think your missing the point Eldiablo. If one or two do not go Ashleys not going to be very out of pocket. I'm not going either and if 30,000 like us don't go, then the club will be devalued bit by bit. Ashley asking for £400m+ is a complete piss take of the highest order  and if people can't see Ashley for who he really is now there is no hope for them. I say boycott in order to devalue the club and therefore the amount Ashley can reasonably charge. If he starts losing money he'll want to cut and run quicker.

I can see where you're both coming from, but imo there's have to be a consistent drop in sales for him to take real notice of that, not just one game. A lot of people will have season tickets, so they can't really hit him in the pocket, especially those who took the 3 year thing. I just don't think it will make THAT much of a difference to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong, would just prefer to get behind the team.  :dontknow:

Seems to be a 50/50 split down the middle. Shame we are all not in unison as we'd be more effective that way. In a way its Each to their own. There is no way i am going to critise you or anyone else for going to support our beloved club/team.

However my view is in order to rid us of Ashley its better to hurt him they only way we can, in the pocket by boycotting, if the revenue starts drying up and the club starts losing value he would HAVE to start taking notice. Once he and Dennis are gone we come back with a vengence giving 110% to the new set up.  :celb:

Lets hope the players hate the cock eyed dwarf as much as we do. More likely scenario is Wise and Poyet in for us tbh. FFS this time last year they were playing catch up in league one, now they're behind most of the gossip at two of the biggest clubs outside the top four. And what have they achieved - not a fucking thing. As Greavsie used to say "Football's a funny old game"

Guest Kenton Magpie

Ive stayed away from putting any money into Ashleys pocket and i will continue to do so until he moves on, i couldnt give a monkeys if he is leaving today, tomorrow next month or next year I refuse to give the bloke another penny of my hard earned money that could be spent on more important things just because of blind faith and the team needs my support!

Guest samtoonarmy

The Carling cup is the only realistic thing we can do well in this season. The players need our support at such a difficuilt time and if they look round and see that theres only 15 thousand there then thats not going to do them any favours at all.

I see the reason people are boycotting the game, but at the end of the day, supporting the team is far more important in my opinion. If you want to boycott something, then boycott the merchandice etc, not the games 

Guest Jungle Barry

The only effect a boycott will have is on the morale of the team which to be honest couldn't get much lower despite what Ron Geremi says. I don't think Mike Ashley gives two shiny shits whether or not the ground is full so we may as well go and get behind the team. What have we got to lose?

The Carling cup is the only realistic thing we can do well in this season. The players need our support at such a difficuilt time and if they look round and see that theres only 15 thousand there then thats not going to do them any favours at all.

I see the reason people are boycotting the game, but at the end of the day, supporting the team is far more important in my opinion. If you want to boycott something, then boycott the merchandice etc, not the games 

I agree, but some people probably aren't making a protest by not going, they just guess it could be a particularly miserable game, regardless of the result. I'm still undecided, let's face it, it'll be easy to get tickets on the gate.

they have signed me up to the cup scheme when i didnt want to be. i signed up for three years for my season ticket. dont know if you lads want to check on the online box office it will be under your purchase history. i only found out as it appeared on me dads online banking.

I agree, but some people probably aren't making a protest by not going, they just guess it could be a particularly miserable game, regardless of the result. I'm still undecided, let's face it, it'll be easy to get tickets on the gate.

The only effect a boycott will have is on the morale of the team which to be honest couldn't get much lower despite what Ron Geremi says. I don't think Mike Ashley gives two shiny shits whether or not the ground is full so we may as well go and get behind the team. What have we got to lose?

All of this.

Boycott means f-all to Ashley, just gives the press more to feed on and takes away support from the team.

One that desperatley needs all the help it can get in the one competition we might actually of had a chance of winning.

Sad.