Lets put this bluntly...

Incognito

If Ashley sacks Wise and his cohorts,reinstates Kevin Keegan,then the club will pick up on the pitch and make it viable to sell to any potential buyer.Surely it ain't rocket science.

Yup, but I don't think he really wants to sell. In which case, he's hardly going to sack Wise etc - and leave himself open to even more financial and legal wrangles.

Is it possible that having been hurt by the fans turning on him, Ashley is now going to have his revenge by pissing them off even more and becoming the footballing equivalent of a slum landlord?

Hmmm....

If Ashley sacks Wise and his cohorts,reinstates Kevin Keegan,then the club will pick up on the pitch and make it viable to sell to any potential buyer.Surely it ain't rocket science.

BUT - he doesn't want (or intend) to sell - unless a 'silly' offer comes in.

He is hell-bent on revenge against us . . . and he knows EXACTLY how to do that.

Just watch.

He is hell-bent on revenge against us . . . and he knows EXACTLY how to do that.

Just watch.

yeah, us getting relegated and looking a farce like this is really in his interests, as the value of the club will soar that way.

oh wait....

Ashley's supposedly lost a shit load of money this week on the HBOS crisis, according to one of the papers. If that's the case, he may be even more reluctant to sell, and he may be rethinking his decision to sell up and move on...or it may explain why he's asking for so much more than he paid for the club. :dontknow:

Just watch.

yeah, us getting relegated and looking a farce like this is really in his interests, as the value of the club will soar that way.

oh wait....

I'm not sure how many times I have to say this, but here goes again.

The club is an asset that is worth a certain amount of money.  There will be almost no difference at all in its sale-value between what it would have been if we had 'worked hard and well' with our fairly poor team (and small squad) and had achieved upper-mid table status this season, compared to (what IS going to happen) if Ashley "does nothing" and lets us rot into a very low-mid table position.

He is going to let us rot, because it makes no difference to him - but he KNOWS it does to us.

He will try (at least) to ensure that we do not get relegated, for financial reasons only ('his' financial reasons).

We are going to be SWAMPED with inactivity . . .

Just watch.

oh wait....

Aye, i agree that us getting relegated is surely not in his best intrests. But by asking for silly money that he's never going to get, not much chance of getting a decent manager in under the present circumstances, and not strengthening the already thin squad when he could doesn't look like a recipe for success either though.

So i can see where a lot of people are coming from.

Just watch.

oh wait....

Aye, i agree that us getting relegated is surely not in his best intrests. But by asking for silly money that he's never going to get, not much chance of getting a decent manager in under the present circumstances, and not strengthening the already thin squad when he could doesn't look like a recipe for success either though.

So i can see where a lot of people are coming from.

Ashley is not trying very hard to sell, or to appoint a new manager, nor will he buy good quality players in the next window.

He is not doing anything at all.

What's he going to sack Wise for?

This, really.

Too many people are calling for Wise's head, and the only thing they can say when asked why is something like "I hate him", or "He's the cause of all the problems" or "What's he done since he was appointed?" without actually giving a single shred of evidence that the guy's done anything wrong.

Don't misunderstand me, as a player I hated him. As a person, he may well be a cunt. And maybe, just maybe he IS to blame for everything that's happened but at the same time there's absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever. It's all just mindless speculation.

The main problem in all this for me is the complete silence from the club. If people want to protest, then the only thing that they should be protesting about is the lack of any information coming from inside NUFC. The buck stops for that with either Ashley or Llambias, and since things were much better under Mort then I'd think that it's Llambias who has shut up shop in that respect.

What's he going to sack Wise for?

This, really.

Too many people are calling for Wise's head, and the only thing they can say when asked why is something like "I hate him", or "He's the cause of all the problems" or "What's he done since he was appointed?" without actually giving a single shred of evidence that the guy's done anything wrong.

Don't misunderstand me, as a player I hated him. As a person, he may well be a c***. And maybe, just maybe he IS to blame for everything that's happened but at the same time there's absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever. It's all just mindless speculation.

The main problem in all this for me is the complete silence from the club. If people want to protest, then the only thing that they should be protesting about is the lack of any information coming from inside NUFC. The buck stops for that with either Ashley or Llambias, and since things were much better under Mort then I'd think that it's Llambias who has shut up shop in that respect.

There is no communication from the club, because that is their 'policy' (has been for quite a while now) AND . . . there is nothing to say anyway, as they are doing nothing about anything.

There is no communication from the club, because that is their 'policy' (has been for quite a while now) AND . . . there is nothing to say anyway, as they are doing nothing about anything.

- It's been their policy since Llambias took over, hence why I think he's to blame.

- Surely you're basing your view that they're doing "nothing about anything" solely on the lack of information coming from the club, thus proving my point? Unless of course you've got access to the minutes of the board meetings that you'd like to tell us about?

I'm torn really, for a while I quite liked the lack of communication with the press, especially the Chronic, which was always too matey with the old regime IMO, but we do need to know something, perhaps if this supporters' club thing flies it could be used for some sort of formalised dialogue between the club and us, as the only other way we have is....well shouting 'get the fat bastard out', which might be fun for some, but isn't very constructive.

I'm rambling/still drunk.