Geordie Strikers In Bother

Thespence

Andy Carroll

Toon striker arrested

A Newcastle United footballer was arrested following a late night assault on a woman, it has emerged.

Striker Andy Carroll, 19, accepted a caution following the incident last weekend in Pudding Chare, near the city's infamous Bigg Market bars.

The 6ft 3ins Gateshead-born player was taken from the scene by officers at 2.30am last Sunday for questioning.

Michael Chopra

Police called to Chopra home

Police were called to a "dispute" at a troubled Premiership star's home just 24 hours before he scored twice in a North East derby match, it has emerged.

Sunderland striker Michael Chopra's marriage to wife Heather has reportedly been in difficulty, and the player has had treatment for a gambling addiction.

Police were called to the couple's home, but no arrests made.

http://www.teletext.co.uk/regionalnews/north-east/a906cc03053fdfb5bb7e537920fc3cde/Toon+striker+arrested.aspx

Confirms my opinion that they are both a pair of cockknockers!

do you have more info? because i cannot make judgement off those snippets so you must know something we dont?

Confirms my opinion that they are both a pair of cockknockers!

do you have more info? because i cannot make judgement off those snippets so you must know something we dont?

er if i wanted to breach data protection and get the sack i could find more info, but i dont so i wont!!

however i think its well documented that carroll is an arse, and chopra plays for sunderland, which in my opinion is bad enough

well said i wish i thought of that!!! (ffs)

Carroll is a complete cunt. You can tell just from looking at him that he is chav scum. I don't think he'll make it as a player: 1) because his attitude would appear to stink and 2) he's not even any good, not matter how good he think he may be

Even Maggie the Magpie is in bother

NEWCASTLE United mascot Maggie the Magpie has got Toon bosses in a flap.

A United fan photographed Maggie before last week’s game against Hull City holding a poster which gave the bird to owner Mike Ashley.

The day had seen a wave of protests against the owner after Kevin Keegan quit the club.

Newcastle United insists the pic is a fake.

But two independent photographic experts confirmed to the Sunday Sun it was genuine.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/sundaysun/sep2008/3/4/844346B3-EDEF-72E0-08258A6D0A13AF2E.jpg

Carroll just proving what a twat he is, he'll be no better than your average "Played for the academy" reject you see in the Bigg Market on a Saturday soon enough.

Carroll's main quality is that he's quite big. Other than that he looks a fairly s*** striker as they go.

Spot on. He has dominated at youth level but was not meant to be that flash when he played against blokes when he was on loan at Preston.

Guest Stephen927

Strikes me as being a bit of a prat tbh.

Can't understand young lads who have fantastic opportunities to progress in the game and just piss it up and get into bother.

Can't understand young lads who have fantastic opportunities to progress in the game and just piss it up and get into bother.

Seems to be par for the course with many young footballer's today, sadly. Big Time Charlie syndrome.

Seems to be par for the course with many young footballer's today, sadly. Big Time Charlie syndrome.

I don't know whether it's just because we are more aware of it, but the big time attitude problem does seem to be something that effects British players in this country more than the young foreigners.

Even Maggie the Magpie is in bother

NEWCASTLE United mascot Maggie the Magpie has got Toon bosses in a flap.

A United fan photographed Maggie before last week’s game against Hull City holding a poster which gave the bird to owner Mike Ashley.

The day had seen a wave of protests against the owner after Kevin Keegan quit the club.

Newcastle United insists the pic is a fake.

But two independent photographic experts confirmed to the Sunday Sun it was genuine.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/sundaysun/sep2008/3/4/844346B3-EDEF-72E0-08258A6D0A13AF2E.jpg

The clubs answer to everything - no matter how petty or trivial - is to lie through their teeth.

A club source said: "TEH SEAMS!!!"

Guest rebel_yell12

I don't know whether it's just because we are more aware of it, but the big time attitude problem does seem to be something that effects British players in this country more than the young foreigners.

I read something from Rio Ferdinand talking about his own bit of troubles when he was young and coming up.  Mostly that the money and attention goes to a young man's head quickly, if he's not got just the right sort of people around him to keep his feet on the ground.  He contrasted himself, circa the 1998 World Cup, when he was nineteen, with Michael Owen at the same WC -- came to the conclusion (Rio's, not mine) that Owen's always had his family/people around him that kept him focused on being a footballer, not a celebrity.  Owen himself has said that young British players have crazy salaries from 16-17 years of age these days, as no club wants to miss out on the "next Rooney" or the "next Gerrard" or whatever.  Owen and Gerrard, being Liverpool youngsters, would have made about 43 quid per week at 16, btw.  At 17, I think Owen was on about 50k per year.  I wonder what Carroll/a young English striker today is on?