Carling Cup - Toon vs Spuds - Sept Wed 24 @ 19:45

Skirge

Guest MrSundlofer

I'll se this game on Swedish TV tomorrow with my girlfriend. Wouldn't mind a 4-0 victory.. but I'am pretty sure it will be a boring game. Two teams without form.

I say it again, I want to see Coloccini and Gonzalez in central midfield. Both from South America and I think there will be a good understanding between them.

By the way, remember one game Ameobi almost played in the central midfield for us against Arsenal and did reeeeally well. He is crap as a striker, so put him in the midfield alá Patrick Vieira...

I'll se this game on Swedish TV tomorrow with my girlfriend. Wouldn't mind a 4-0 victory.. but I'am pretty sure it will be a boring game. Two teams without form.

I say it again, I want to see Coloccini and Gonzalez in central midfield. Both from South America and I think there will be a good understanding between them.

By the way, remember one game Ameobi almost played in the central midfield for us against Arsenal and did reeeeally well. He is crap as a striker, so put him in the midfield alá Patrick Vieira...

Says a lot about our midfield that people are suggesting a central defender or Ameobi to play there. If Colo was to play in midfield, would he replace Butt or the other central defender who is currently playing midifeld?

Guest MrSundlofer

Says a lot about our midfield that people are suggesting a central defender or Ameobi to play there. If Colo was to play in midfield, would he replace Butt or the other central defender who is currently playing midifeld?

Coloccini is a central defender and a defensive midfielder.

Cacapa is only a central midfielder.

Well... the answer of your question is Butt. Said earlier I want to give Coloccini and Gonzalez a chance i the central midfield. Cacapa returns to the defence.

However, Butt will play in central midfield before Coloccini, Geremi, Zoggy, Cacapa and Gonzalez.

I fail to see why you had to mention that  :razz:

I fail to see why you had to mention that   :razz:

You're not the only one trust me, ill see it with my six wives and 44 children if y'all wonder and with my dog called Lex.

Its strange but I cannot wait for tonight, I am hoping for a good turn out but I know there aint much hope of that happening, but as long as those who do turn up just go to get behind the team and make some noise. Oba playing will be enough of a lift I reckon to get the lads going.

i just want a win for the confidence side of things, not bothered about silverware, just want a win so we can take some confidence into saturday. If we can get two home wins on the bounce, it will be huge. A big ask, but if we have a couple back, its more than do-able.

If we win we'll get one of the CL teams in next round and go out, if Spurs go through they'll get Rotherham. Heard it hear first. Reckon this game will be quite entertaining as both teams need a win and both are shite at the back.

This game is going to be weird as hell.  Neither team has any confidence I can honestly see the game being won by who is slighly less worse.  If they won it, it wouldn't make any difference and I doubt it will make much to us if we do.  Never felt so indfifferent about a game in my life.

Both teams are out of form, the deciding factor will be Tottenham's players are younger and faster. There is no way Butt, Cacapa and Geremi will be able to keep up, so I expect them to run the midfield and win the game as a result, although I hope I'm wrong.

If we win we'll get one of the CL teams in next round and go out, if Spurs go through they'll get Rotherham. Heard it hear first. Reckon this game will be quite entertaining as both teams need a win and both are s**** at the back.

the next round is irrelevant, a win tonight would boost confidence massively and get rid of the cloud that is currently hanging over us. A decent performace would be a bonus. I dont know why so many people are fearing Spurs so much, they have been gash.

Keep the faith.

Hard to keep the faith with Hughton picking the team, i predict we will lose at home to the only team in the premiersip with lower confidence than us..

shitting it tbh..

usually we'd murder spurs home and away whatever the circumstances are, but I fear tomorrow's headlines will read: "Spurs revived after massive win at SJP, Newcastle are fucking shite"

I hope Martins is fit enough to play some part, as without him and Jonas we cannot create a decent attack..