Sir John Hall,..how much did he pay.

cp40

Just had a conversation with another n-o member, we were trying to recall how much, Sir John Hall paid for the club,

and the circumstances, regarding his purchase, and the failed first atempt to sell the shares back to fans.

I kno its little relevance to what is going on now, just wanting to jog my memory,....failing in old age.

It's the other end of the question, but I vaguely remember calculating that the Hall family made about £170 million out of the mid-1990s flotation.

from what ive heard he still has a contract running that makes him about 200k per home game due to his name being on the leazes end

Guest neesy111

the hall's have been bad for the club over the last 8 years, makings 10's millions each season through dividend's etc

the shepherd's and hall's combined have made 400 million over the last 18 years from nufc

It's the other end of the question, but I vaguely remember calculating that the Hall family made about £170 million out of the mid-1990s flotation.

It's all about risk & return though.  I don't recall many others queuing up to put £8m in.  In fact supporters have been offered a piece of the action in the past & turned down the opportunity.

The re-building of the stadium was done by Cameron Hall, a company owned by SJH. I know at the time there was a lot of complaints that other companies hadn't been allowed to bid for the contract. He must have made a fair wedge from that.

Guest Brazilianbob

the hall's have been bad for the club over the last 8 years, makings 10's millions each season through dividend's etc

the shepherd's and hall's combined have made 400 million over the last 18 years from nufc

If thats true then we all know why these billionnaires are snapping up footie clubs. 

If thats true then we all know why these billionnaires are snapping up footie clubs. 

These billionaires would make 400m in a month, week, maybe even in a day with their investment funds and what have you. I think most of the billionaires are after something other than cash (fun, kudos, adulation, recognition, who knows?)

It's all about risk & return though.  I don't recall many others queuing up to put £8m in.  In fact supporters have been offered a piece of the action in the past & turned down the opportunity.

Share offer happened just before christmas if i remember correctly strange timing for a business man thought he would have known better. Unsuprisingly it was under subscribed but you had the option of leaving your wedge in to add to transfare kitty. Fulfilled the promise to democracise the club though. Not.

Yes, this is true Liam - the Share offer was a flop, mainly because ;-

1.It competed with an Electric flotation at the same time

2.Fans knew McKeag & Co were still on board.

As a side issue, SJH DID do OK out of the 97 flotation, but I don't think he got as much as Ozzie says ; wasn't the club's total valuation only 144m at the time(still not too far behind Man U's which shows how far we have fallen).

Share offer happened just before christmas if i remember correctly strange timing for a business man thought he would have known better. Unsuprisingly it was under subscribed but you had the option of leaving your wedge in to add to transfare kitty. Fulfilled the promise to democracise the club though. Not.

I'm not sure of the relevance of Christmas or why you think it was "unsurprisingly" undersubscribed.  Unless you're suggesting it was a token gesture, which is quite honestly plain silly. :lol:

The points I made still stand, the offer was there and not enough people took it up, most likely the same people who criticise them for making money from the floatation.

The c*** should pay with his life the Tory b******.

And his son...

And what, pray, would have happened to NUFC if he HADN'T rescued the club in 1992?

We were going BUST, man - get real...

And as for your political comment, I am no fan of EITHER UK major party, and if you think the Tories are any worse than Labour, you need to wake up and smell the coffee..

The UK Govt is no more powerful than a Town Council these days...you are run from Brussels, my friend...

And his son...

And what, pray, would have happened to NUFC if he HADN'T rescued the club in 1992?

And as for your political comment, I am no fan of EITHER UK major party, and if you think the Tories are any worse than Labour, you need to wake up and smell the coffee..

The UK Govt is no more powerful than a Town Council these days...you are run from Brussels, my friend...

And when did he say he was a labour boy either? :p

And his son...

Amazing how weird the world seems to look when you're stuck on the arse side, thousands of miles from civilisation, in a place with more sheep than people.

Just had a conversation with another n-o member, we were trying to recall how much, Sir John Hall paid for the club,

and the circumstances, regarding his purchase, and the failed first atempt to sell the shares back to fans.

I kno its little relevance to what is going on now, just wanting to jog my memory,....failing in old age.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA