Martial Arts

themanupstairs

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Is anyone on here into any martial arts of any kind?

Recently started Tai Chi (Yang), and I'm really enjoying it. All about grounding your energy and using it positively.

Currently looking for a Capoeira school, but can't find any atm.

I don't do any martial arts, but I am really hard. In the penis.

Guest lankybellwipe

just learn to nod in the right places when she's talking,never tell her how much you'd like to bang her best mate and wash the old man now and again.

martial ? shit. sorry. thought it said marital.

:lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

Second kyu brown belt in anshin-ryu Karate,

It's quite rigid and text book. It compliments things quite well if you do something a little more freestyle like kick boxing. It's good to do a variety.

On the whole Karate is pretty good in terms of the variety of moves you do. It's not all legs/knees/elbows like some other martial arts, scope for both closed fist and open hand, good for both applied ass-kicking and for show purposes.

• 1 year later...

Really interested in any sort of boxing/kick boxing at the moment. There is a "Combat centre" just up the road from me but it's a canny bit more expensive a month than my gym.

Aye the one I go to is £5 a pop. The class for everyone is on twice a week but then when you get more advanced there is one during the week too so it will be quite pricey. The guy that runs the one I go to is the Scottish champion though and I think he was British champion at some point.

Really interested in any sort of boxing/kick boxing at the moment. There is a "Combat centre" just up the road from me but it's a canny bit more expensive a month than my gym.

Aye the one I go to is £5 a pop. The class for everyone is on twice a week but then when you get more advanced there is one during the week too so it will be quite pricey. The guy that runs the one I go to is the Scottish champion though and I think he was British champion at some point.

The one near me is about £60 a month, I pay £15 for my current one and to be honest the difference isn't worth 4 times the price.

Tempted just to get something like this at home:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3083/prda0e994b3d7c948efb1f3.jpg

I would like to take up some form of fighting though in the future, just for the kicks  :pow:

Guest Stephen927

This probably belongs in the Daft Question Thread but can you learn Mixed Martial Arts or is it just cage fighters and the like have learnt a number of different martial arts over the years?  :blush:

Most cage fighters probably started off with one speciality, then they learn bits of others. I went to an MMA session at the gym once, and it was just learning different grapples and kicks...

The one near me is about £60 a month, I pay £15 for my current one and to be honest the difference isn't worth 4 times the price.

I would like to take up some form of fighting though in the future, just for the kicks  :pow:

wii boxing is canny good.

wii boxing is canny good.

Yeah played it before and it was good but hitting a 20kg (or whatever) bag is going to be more physically demanding and feel a bit better when trying to get rid of aggression than punching the air.

Judo, done some Mixed Martial Arts but at the minute can't due to there being fuck all in the area, i'll be back to MMA when I move back to the toon.

Threadstarter, do you live in Newcastle? If so, they did Capoeira at the school on Chili Road.

Think I had a thread on this a while ago as well, still not got round to it.  :blush: Was out with some kickboxers the other night though and it sounds really good, can't remember how much they said they were paying but it seemed expensive at the time.

Kickboxing would be great, would really like to get into something like that or just boxing. Boxing is one of those things I think I probably would have been really good at and should have tried.

Ever thought about that? there could be something you would be really good at but you never tried it and missed out?