Guest MrSundlofer

Guest MrSundlofer

New owner.

New manager.

Season 2008/09 ends.

We are still in the Premiership.

If I was the new manager and pre-season starts:

- Make sure old players leaves.

Cacapa, Butt, Viduka, Ameobi and Owen all out of contract next summer. Owen want to leave the club.

- Put Smith, Barton, Duff and Geremi up for sale.

- Keep: José Enrique, Bassong, Taylor, Coloccini, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Martins, Xisco, Beye, Edgar, Given, Harper, Krul and Jonás from the first team.

- Invest £5M on 5 players (17-20 years) from the France league (for the reserves and first team).

- Invest £10M on 7-15 players (16-20 years) from The Championship and League One (for the reserves and first team).

- Invest £3M on 8 players (15-17 years) from all over the world for the U18-team.

- Only sign players under 24 years.

- Put Fran Merida (Arsenal), Bafatemi Gomis (St. Etienne) and Aaron (Valencia) on the top of my shortlist.

- Bring French and Spanish youth coaches to the club.

- Have a non-english assistant manager.

A goal should be to have many players at the club. A backup is always needed. Always have good players to play for the U18, reserves and the first team.

Develope passing, dribbling and vision.

Lineup: 4-5-1.

The following players should also be in the first team and reserves: Kadar, Zamblera, Tozer, Baheng, LuaLua, Donaldson, Ranger, Carrol, Morris, Forster, Danquah and Söderberg.

Make one of the best U18-team in England. Let them know how to win.

It's something like this I want our club to be. A young team with many good players. Good tactic and exciting attacking play.

Probably just a dream though.

- Me having boring at work -

I understand where you're coming from, but i would rather bring in Sotuh American talents and rather look at different prospects than deciding that i want 5 for 5 million, all from the French Ligue 1. I would rather see us going for the right players and maybe putting 5 million on one 17 year old which is one of the biggest prospects of the wortld and persuade him to come play for us.

But then again i would never be the manager, cause this club doesn't offer me enough money :lol:

Buy club, dont bother with "due dilligence"

Find out ive been skanked and the club owes millions.

Think how I can recoup my cash, without spending anymore.

Bring in a geordie hero to boost season ticket sales. Offer a 3 year deal.

Bring in one of my mates above him to undermine him, and make sure he fucks off after the first transfer window

Put out an emotional statement to get supporters off my back and pretend to sell the club

Set ridiculous asking price for club, to make sure no one buys it

Wait till the club is bottom of league, then install my mate as new boss to "save club"

Bring in rest of my mates to help him

Sell off highest earning players "to invest in youth"  - slash the wage bill

Get club into europe on a shoestring budget (Via inter toto or fairplay)

Season ticket sales high (Due to 3 year deal), wage bill low (due to fire sale), strong academy (numbers not quality)

European football+profitable club+potential youth = recoup my losses

Sell club

Just my plans .......... O0

Thats the easy bit,

the most important part of a managers job is to decide when things go wrong, as they will at some time, do you just plod along waiting for the sack and the compo, or say 'fuck it, Im off' and possibly get nothing

Do some fucking work

Thats the easy bit,

the most important part of a managers job is to decide when things go wrong, as they will at some time, do you just plod along waiting for the sack and the compo, or say 'fuck it, Im off' and possibly get nothing

Do some fucking work

Kettle - pot

Im having the day off

Thats the easy bit,

Do some fucking work

Kettle - pot

Im having the day off

Just for a change  :rolleyes:

FM 2009 is out soon, mate.

Really? Okay.

So what would you do if you was the new manager?

Walk out. 

Nah. You'd want to unfairly raise people's hopes and expectations first, then have a rammy with the owner and his minions, whilst leaking various stories to the press designed to undermine their position and drive a wedge between them and the fanbase...and THEN you'd walk out.

I love the way you can just "Bring in French and Spanish coaches" are they sat waiting at the fucking airport like in a fucking pen? FFS man. Added to the fact you're figures for players are about as realistic as me being point guard for the Harlem Globetrotters.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'm just curious why you specify you will spend a certain amount of money in each age group. Surely that's putting the cart before the horse... first you identify who is available and then you negotiate fees and the like.

If the players aren't available then you move on to plan B.

. . . we would have given a better performance than what we did tonight. At half time I would have put so much fear into the minds of the players that they wouldn't want to return to the dressing room if we were not safely through. A little bit of geordie passion and loyalty to the club would go a long way!

Ahh Luca he's focusing more on the youth element, but those figures to player ratios are well off . These days good talent can cost uwpards of £1m in compensation, Its just too FM-esq for words, and shows why the fans should have no say.