Newcastle 1 - 2 Spurs (Carling Cup) - 24/09/08 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

I might have to go back to the living room and watch the Inspector Lynley Mysteries with the Mrs if this match doesn't perk up soon.

Your lot not much better at the minute

I know. I saw that one coming, though, that's why I'm sitting here nice and warm rather than at the match.

Newcastle World is still all Terry Mac for me, and can not be arsed to go pub, so please make your descriptions of the match more exciting than it actually is. Ta.

Nothing is happening(!)

Make shit up then.

Think along the lines of "Butt just nutmegged Jenas four successive times then."

No-one will disbelieve you.

Guest Toon1981

Newcastle World is still all Terry Mac for me, and can not be arsed to go pub, so please make your descriptions of the match more exciting than it actually is. Ta.

The game has witnessed an intriguing attempt from both sides to nullify the opposition by using the dark side of the force.  Collocini whipped out some nun-chucks at an early Spurs corner and Jenas has been body-popping along the spurs goal-line since 10 minutes ago.  Geremi, Woodgate, Given and Pavyluchenko formed a Barber-shop quartet during a fallow period, belting out covers of Human League tunes, which went down well with the full-house crowd of loacls and cockneys, all of whom were getting along famously.