Sky TV

Belfast Boy

I signed up for the current Sky offer of a free Sky+ box and only £30 installation fee, but when they came out they said they couldn't get a signal, and that I would have to go to an independant dealer for them to install a dish on a pole or something. To be fair they were out over an hour trying all round the house and garage.

Had a fella out today who within 5 minutes got a signal on the garden fence and said he could run a cable to the house for £165, then Sky could come and install. Just rang them and they have said that because they can't do it all themselves, they would not be able to offer any warranty and basically hung up on me! Where do I go now? Can I get Sky through anyone other than themselves?

Can't get cable either btw as it isn't out here.

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about going for this "Pay Once, Watch Forever" Deal...

I know the channels are generally shite, and once the 4 months free is up, i wont be paying for any sky subscription, BUT

£75 for a sky box, dish and installation is good in itself, 4 months of a few free channels and opens up the chance of a Setanta subscription. For me, £12.99 a month for that represents far better value than £36 a month for Sky.

I'll get to see 2 PL games a week, boxing and live NHL all for the price of a pint per week.

Another SKY poser...

I want to get multi room but only have one active phone socket and don't want a phone wire wound around the house.

Are there any alternatives?

I don`t plug mine into the phone line.  You only need it plugged in for PPV, although I havn`t got multiroom as such.

Another SKY poser...

I want to get multi room but only have one active phone socket and don't want a phone wire wound around the house.

Are there any alternatives?

I don`t plug mine into the phone line.  You only need it plugged in for PPV, although I havn`t got multiroom as such.

For multiroom you have to have it plugged into a phone socket so that they can check that the card is only being used in your house and not sold on to a neighbour or something, no choice I am afraid!

I signed up for the current Sky offer of a free Sky+ box and only £30 installation fee, but when they came out they said they couldn't get a signal, and that I would have to go to an independant dealer for them to install a dish on a pole or something. To be fair they were out over an hour trying all round the house and garage.

Had a fella out today who within 5 minutes got a signal on the garden fence and said he could run a cable to the house for £165, then Sky could come and install. Just rang them and they have said that because they can't do it all themselves, they would not be able to offer any warranty and basically hung up on me! Where do I go now? Can I get Sky through anyone other than themselves?

Can't get cable either btw as it isn't out here.

Are you in a cable area?  Virgin Media can give you a Sky package of channels but, you need to be in a cable area.  I would guess that you aren't otherwise someone would have suggested this to you already!