- We are at rock bottom

- I dont want KK back as he is too tempremental

- I think he knows the current crop of players and their strengths/weaknesses

- He will get KK levels of support which will breed confidence in the players

- He is very high profile and will keep us in the spotlight

- He's got fuck all to lose

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shearer is a Mark Hughes in the making

He would be the best candidate bar none, i firmly believe that regardless of what others think

Guest LucaAltieri

Beyond caring who gets the job now.

In terms of instant impact I think he'd be a good appointment. Just a shame HE DOESN'T WANT THE JOB. Otherwise I'd be all for it.

In terms of instant impact I think he'd be a good appointment. Just a shame HE DOESN'T WANT THE JOB. Otherwise I'd be all for it.

Basically how I feel.

Martinez and some of the continental names being bandied about like Deschamps might sound nice in internet land and could be very successful at a normal well-run club, but this club is a circus at the best of times, and at the moment it is completely in the shit.  Can anyone honestly say that the vast majority of supporters would accept the manager of Swansea?  I just can't see it. 

I really don't know what sort of manager Shearer would turn out to be, but if Southgate and Keane can do it reasonably well without being made to earn their stripes at some 3rd division club (which is a stupid argument to begin with) then I don't see why Shearer can't.  We don't need a big reputation, or experience in the Turkish league or attractive football.  We need a motivator and someone capable of lifting us out of this funk.  Shearer might be a desperate, panic appointment but this is a desperate club that should be panicking.  You need the fans on your side and you need to raise expectations.  Forget about Zico and get real.

Basically how I feel.

Martinez and some of the continental names being bandied about like Deschamps might sound nice in internet land and could be very successful at a normal well-run club, but this club is a circus at the best of times, and at the moment it is completely in the shit.  Can anyone honestly say that the vast majority of supporters would accept the manager of Swansea?  I just can't see it. 

I really don't know what sort of manager Shearer would turn out to be, but if Southgate and Keane can do it reasonably well without being made to earn their stripes at some 3rd division club (which is a stupid argument to begin with) then I don't see why Shearer can't.  We don't need a big reputation, or experience in the Turkish league or attractive football.  We need a motivator and someone capable of lifting us out of this funk.  Shearer might be a desperate, panic appointment but this is a desperate club that should be panicking.  You need the fans on your side and you need to raise expectations.  Forget about Zico and get real.

We may well need to look at 'the manager of Swansea'. Who else would look at us - I have doubts over whether Martinez would want to come up at the moment.

AS for the man, if he continues on his current developmental path then he will manage a top La Liga club in the near future. He has revitalised a Swansea team which was stagnating in division one after a couple of play off pushes and now has them in the top half of the Championship playing exciting attacking football.

Guest Jawesome

FUCK OFF.  GEORDIES ARE FUCKING WANK.  The minute you lot realise this, and the sooner 'us' Geordies learn to spell fucking BOYCOTT, the fucking better.

I really want to see Shearer given a chance. I think he has something about him , same as Hughes, that would make a strong manager. Plus he is local and we seem to do best under people who know the area and he likes attacking football. I dont think he would stand for any shite but I think he would make sure the setup was sorted before he agreed to come.

Guest LucaAltieri

Basically how I feel.

Spot on.

Also, If there's one man who may stand a chance of getting Owen to sign a new contract, it must be Shearer.