New manager must be Shearer

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

We ae not going to get a top manager in our current circumstances

Shearer is our best option, if people cant see this they are blind

We ae not going to get a top manager in our current circumstances

Shearer is our best option, if people cant see this they are blind

Shearer has already said he's not interested, we could only get him if we get a takeover, and in those circumstances we could attract an experianced manager.

I really think Shearer will be a good manager , id take him.

So do I, lets get him. What's that...? He said he wouldn't manage under this system? Let's get him...

what's that...He said he wouldn't manage under this system? Let's get him...

(repeat ad nauseum)

Would see the return of Souness style management...

Probably see the return of Dalglish style management, seeing how Kenny Dalglish is one of Shearer's very good mates. 

is that serious?

Thought that was pretty much common knowledge.   Golfing mates & footballing mentor as far as I'm aware.

i think you mis-understood me, i was asking if your forecast of shearer taking on dalglish's style because they were very good mates, was serious

Well maybe not Dalglish style, perhaps Dalglish influenced

I really want to see Shearer given a chance. I think he has something about him , same as Hughes, that would make a strong manager. Plus he is local and we seem to do best under people who know the area and he likes attacking football. I dont think he would stand for any s**** but I think he would make sure the setup was sorted before he agreed to come.

How do you know he likes attacking football???  his most successful time as a player was when he was managed by Dalglish, someone Shearer thinks the world of,  for all you know Shearer could set his teams up and play like KD did,  won trophies but not exactly wonderful attacking football!!!

Say you what? Do people judge football figures from one-liners printed in the press such as "the dour and pragmatic Dalglish"? Did you not watch Blackburn Rovers play under him? Did Shearer not score 30+ goals in every one of his seasons with Blackburn? Did Shearer and Sutton not have one of the most successful strike partnerships in the PL era? Sure it wasn't "slit your own throat gung go swashbuckling all guns blazing kawabunga" football! But it certainly wasn't boring, and his teams knew how to attack, defend and move the ball around as a unit.

Anyways, on topic, I think Shearer WILL make a very good manager one day, but he should only manage NUFC when he decides he's ready.

Guest Darth Toon

I think the point people are getting at is that with new owners Shearer should be very high on a short list

Spot on - first move will be to try get KK back, if he says no it's Uncle Alan's to refuse. If he still doesn't want it we're looking at Steve Bruce.

Can't see any other realistic long term candidates in the current situation - not saying this is right or wrong, just the way I see it.

What has Shearer done throughout his career to suggest he is so certain to be a s*** manager?

Being a good player apparently.

Yet, he has won the same amount of league titles as Wegner did as a player (1). Like Sir Alex he has finished top goalscorer in the top flight of a domestic league with over 30 goals. Yet people like to think these two were s**** players & that is how they became good managers, there are zillions of s**** players though & not all them are very good football managers.

Worst argument ever.

It was not argument, a mere thought to posts like the one further down from you post.