If we went down, would it benefit us ?

afar

Been thinking about this alot lately.

If we did go down, and it's still a big if since we are not even at christmas yet, would it benefit us in the long term ?

Surely FS would be gone and GR too of course, we should be able to offload a few high earners who are simply not performing. Perhaps it'll force us to lower our sights and chose an up and coming manager (although granted they don't come a lot lower than the current encumbent). It just might be the kick up the arse the club needs.

There again, it could spiral us further into debt ala Leeds, force us into the transfer market for journeymen players even Sunderland turn their nose up at and return us to the pre Keegan yo-yo days for good.

Hell I don't know, what do you think ?

Guest Invicta_Toon

If we did go down, and it's still a big if since we are not even at christmas yet, would it benefit us in the long term ?

Surely FS would be gone and GR too of course, we should be able to offload a few high earners who are simply not performing. Perhaps it'll force us to lower our sights and chose an up and coming manager (although granted they don't come a lot lower than the current encumbent). It just might be the kick up the arse the club needs.

There again, it could spiral us further into debt ala Leeds, force us into the transfer market for journeymen players even Sunderland turn their nose up at and return us to the pre Keegan yo-yo days for good.

you mean restore the natural order of things?

<b>Been thinking</b> about this alot lately.

That was your first mistake

That's the most ****ing pathetic thing I've heard since Butt getting MOTM.

What's pathetic exactly, I'm not arguing either side on this asking your opinions, no need to be soden rude about it.

:lol:

is what I think.

No, I don't think it would.  Mainly because it would be extremely hard to get back up, we'd start to lose money, need to sell players and all that shit.  Resulting in a very bad team/squad, and without the ideal manager, there's also no assurance we'd be able to rebuild.

It would have a devastating effect.  Not one worth having just to get rid of Shepherd, which there is no guarentee will happen.

Guest smoggeordie

What's pathetic exactly, I'm not arguing either side on this asking your opinions, no need to be soden rude about it.

It's pathetic to suggest that relegation could be a good thing. Sorry, i'm not in the best of moods after watching that shite.

<b>Been thinking</b> about this alot lately.

That was your first mistake

Alrighty then /sigh

It's pathetic to suggest that relegation could be a good thing. Sorry, i'm not in the best of moods after watching that shite.

Didn't suggest that actually just thinking out loud. How else are you going to get rid of FS, he's not going to leave unless his gravy train stops.

Guest Invicta_Toon

we need to finish 1 point above the zone watched by 20,000 fans

maybe then Fred might just be so embarrassed that he will take the money

Guest smoggeordie

Didn't suggest that actually just thinking out loud. How else are you going to get rid of FS, he's not going to leave unless his gravy train stops.

He'd go as soon as attendences and profits plummeted.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The reactions are a little over the top in here, the guy is just throwing an idea about, one he says himself he's not sure about.  Give it a break.

he didn't close the post with SHEPHERD OUT so I immediately discounted his ideas as lunacy  blueyes.gif

The reactions are a little over the top in here, the guy is just throwing an idea about, one he says himself he's not sure about.  Give it a break.

he didn't close the post with SHEPHERD OUT so I immediately discounted his ideas as lunacy blueyes.gif

That's actually quite funny.

Guest DONTOONER

blueconfused.gif

I reckon if Fat fred left and a good manager came...we will be on our way again....

If only fat fred grew a brain and does the the good manager thingy...

It would be a disaster - Football has changed immeasurably since we last went down on 89 .

Unless you are in the top echelon of clubs , players don't want to know - just because we have a big following doesn't matter a stuff anymore.

It was a unique combination of circumstances that brought us up last time , and set the club on a roll just as the Premiership was taking off. It would be very hard to replicate that again - look at the Mackems & Leeds...

The club is in a very dangerous position now ; it is between ownership to all intents & purposes, managed by a man who clearly is not fitted for a job of this size, and in grave danger of being dragged into a fierce relegation scrap for which the players are especially unsuited.

Events between now & Christmas will determine the club's future for many years...